Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#118048 - 07/28/01 10:39 PM Nisqually Info
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Lakewood, WA
Has anybody got any earlys out of the Nasty yet? How bout the tribes, have they netted any yet? Thinking about hitting the lower tommorrow on the upcoming tide (just so happens thats about the same time the nets will go in frown ). Any reports are greatly appreciated.
Thanks

They can have my eggs when they pry em from cold dead hands

#118049 - 07/29/01 02:50 AM Re: Nisqually Info
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Let me know how you do. I heard a week and a half ago that they had the nets in but weren't doing very good. But this time of year a week and a half can make a big difference to the runs.
Hopefully that rain we got last night will help. Haven't looked out tonight but it looked like it was getting ready to rain again.
I'm closer to the Puyallup, you could plow that thing with a tractor right now. I heard it was raining alot up on Rainier last weekend, plus the warm weather is really melting that snow up there.

#118050 - 07/29/01 08:25 PM Re: Nisqually Info
riverdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Is the river open for kings now? Any word on the run?

#118051 - 07/29/01 09:41 PM Re: Nisqually Info
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Hit the Nasty, late morning through noon...nada. There were maybe seven or eight guys fishing below the bridge, didnt see any action at all. One guy claimed to see a few roll, cant confirm it though. I hauled arse shortly after the injuns put the nets in. If anybody hit any today, post a report. Thanks

#118052 - 07/30/01 05:32 PM Re: Nisqually Info
riverdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I think there was a net in below I-5 a few days ago. It sounds like they may start netting again, does anybody know what the net schedule is, or where to get it?

#118053 - 07/30/01 05:49 PM Re: Nisqually Info
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
They net Sunday through wensday, get the schedules for all netting at http://www.nwifc.wa.gov
peace superfly mad mad

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#118054 - 07/31/01 12:43 AM Re: Nisqually Info
fishinfreak Offline
Parr

Loc: Olympia, WA USA
went out and checked it sunday am early fished only for about 30 minutes and headed out to the sound. After arriving at work today my friend called and said that he was there Sunday on the incoming tide at the Mounts Rd bridge and saw fish coming up. He said he landed one about 8lbs. Decided to take a drive down there today at lunch spoke with a guy who took a small jack on Saturday. Still kinda of early, the indians pulled about 8 from the the net at the bridge on sunday. They will continue to net from here on out. If you need any other info let me know. When this river picks up i am there darn near every day after work.
Matt

#118055 - 07/31/01 12:54 AM Re: Nisqually Info
RockLizard Offline
Returning Adult

Thanks Matt. My buddy at work also confimed that the tribe pulled a few out on Sunday. Not much longer now. Hope to see you on the river
thanks

#118056 - 07/31/01 10:10 AM Re: Nisqually Info
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Stopped by the Nasty on my way home from work yesterday. One of the tribe members was just pullin' in when we got there. He had about ten fish for the day, with a couple of hens in the 16 18 lb range. He said that it was starting to pick up. Typical for this river, it has looked an awesome green all summer and now that the fish are starting to show it's turning to the glacial silty color that we are used to fishing.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh
PS,
Fly has the has the net schedule pegged, noon Sunday til' noon Wednesday, then they move to McCallister from noon wednesday til' noon Sunday.

#118057 - 07/31/01 12:15 PM Re: Nisqually Info
heavyhawk06 Offline
Fry

Checked the Nasty this morning after some good Army Physical Training. Saw the tribe checking nets at the bridge. They pulled out about 10 kings in the 8 - 15 lb range. About 7 fishermen spread out from the bridge to the bend in the river with nothing on the bank. We are still about 2 weeks away from decent fishing down there and about 1 month away from the typical combat zone with the silvers start nosing in....

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Swifty27
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1160 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13525
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645406 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |