Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#119643 - 08/19/01 06:24 PM Mukilteo boat launch
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
Is this typical? What a show.No wonder some guys get so upset over a few people holding everyone else up at the launch.
Absolutely amazing how many people figure that if they just tie up on the dock,instead of motoring offshore waiting for their trailer's turn to back down the ramp,that they get to go to the front of the retrieval line.
Is this extreme stupidity or just total inconsideration?
Perhaps they were all pissed off Yankees fans?
How can so many just drive by a line of waiting vehicles/trailers and figure THEY are first in line?
I'm glad we limited out on a really nice day.It makes it so much easier to laugh at the situation than get pissed off at it.

#119644 - 08/19/01 11:06 PM Re: Mukilteo boat launch
Swami Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Everett,Wa
Unfortunately this is typical. I was there at 11:00 am to retrieve my boat out of the mess. People have to learn there is such a thing as a line. Main thing is just be patience and have a four wheel drive in low tide. Fishing was great though.

#119645 - 08/20/01 12:18 AM Re: Mukilteo boat launch
Finegrain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Woodinville, WA, USA
Try the Everett 10th Street public launch. 6 launch lanes, 6 remove lanes, lots of parking, lots of dock space away from the lanes, $5. I removed at the lowest tide Saturday morning (-2') without any trouble. I had to wait about 15 minutes for my turn.

Regards.

Mike
Woodinville

Finegrain
Woodinville

#119646 - 08/20/01 01:02 AM Re: Mukilteo boat launch
Leadslinger Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Wa,USA
Thanks for the tip Finegrain.I will try the Everett launch next time .
I was at the launch about the same time as you Swami.Sorry to hear that this was typical.Four wheel drive is was definetly the way to go at low tide.
It was a fine day to get out fishing despite the small launch irritation.

#119647 - 08/20/01 04:06 PM Re: Mukilteo boat launch
Doug Kelly Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell WA
leadslinger,went through the same thing down in alsea bay launch, thi guy had the nerve of blowin around me as i started to pull forward to line up to go down the ramp, being as though i was by my self i use the out side of the ramp to load so not to hold any body up, another guy was on my right,enough for two on the ramp, he certanly thought that because he was first at the dock he was first to take out (wrong)so i told the guy unless he was going to pack it out on his back to get the hell out of my way, guess some guys think trailers are not needed to pull your boat out, so listen up people trailers in line is the order you take your boat out always has been always will be thanks doug

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Cameron D., FlyingFish, NEfishLdo, shinnecock1
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 770 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645422 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |