Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120378 - 08/30/01 05:10 PM Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
If you aren't aware, there is a salmon derby to be held this weekend in Willapa Bay on Sat. and Sunday. Following are the details.

Salmon Derby will be held on Willapa Bay Marine unit 2-1. Derby times are Sat, Sept 1 and Sun, Sept 2 from daybreak until 5:30 pm Salmon can be wieghed in at he South Bend city boat docks from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00p.m. each evening. Prizes will be awarded immediately following. Entry fee of $10 per day/per angler. 100% of the entry fee pool will be awarded immediately afterward as prizes. Cash prizes include a daily first prize equal to 50% of each day's total entry fees. A cash grand prize equal to the remaining 50% of both day's entry fees plus an additional $750 will be awarded for the largest two day combined catch. Addtional daily prizes for second, third and youth divisions will be awarded.
Tickets are available at: Dennis Company, Raymond, Pacific County Properties, South Bend, Vetter's Animal Hospital, South Bend, Bud's Lumber, South Bend. Entry tickets will be sold at the South Bend boat docks and Tokeland Marina on mornings of the derby.
For additional info contact David Lewis at 360-942-4532 or Beth Oman (for lodging info) at 360 875-5900.

#120379 - 09/05/01 04:54 PM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Captain Q Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA
What were the derby results?

#120380 - 09/06/01 01:49 AM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Fishing was spotty all weekend. The largest king (dressed out for weigh-in) was an 18 lb. fish on Sat. Sunday was taken by a fish dressed and wieghed at 16.7 pounds. The overall winner brought in a fish each day with a total of 28.4 pounds. Overall a slow weekend with an average amount of effort...maybe 50-60 boats on the lower bay on Sun. Tangle net test (release)fishing going on this week. Regular nets go in on the 8th...not sure of duration.

#120381 - 09/07/01 02:28 AM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
Hey Chuck N Duck are you sure about the 8th for the regular nets? I heard it was the 16th. I am planning a visitand want to have a shot at some fresh fish if possible and I know not too many get past those nets when they are strung out in SB.

thanks

#120382 - 09/07/01 06:05 AM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Ono4fish Offline
Parr

Loc: Keyport, Wa. USA
Never fished Willapa Bay but always wanted to try it... will a 12' Aluminum boat work? Where's the best place to launch? (You can always tell a new guy) wink

I won't ask what the best setup for fishing that bay is.....><>

#120383 - 09/07/01 12:11 PM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Local Offline
Returning Adult

You can find the net schedule on www.wa.gov/wdfw/fishcorn. I have observed smaller boats out in the bay, they don't seem to have a problem and you can always head in if it gets a little choppy. I have lanched at South Bend just outside of town and at the mouth of Smith creek near North river.the Smith ck launch allows me a quicker exit if it gets nasty in the bay.
We have used plugged bait with a flasher. Give me an E-mail address for more info. Good Luck! wink

#120384 - 09/07/01 12:16 PM Re: Willapa Bay Salmon Derby
Local Offline
Returning Adult

Sorry, go to the Washington State dept F&W
and you will find it under commerical fishery, that is where I located the information.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |