Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120463 - 08/31/01 10:22 PM FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those unaware of what the Floatillas have been about, Floatilla I on the Satsop and Floatilla II on the S. Santiam have been comprised of many boat loads of regulars on this and the ifish BBs floating and fishing in groups - with a decided Washington vs Oregon flare. All in fun though. We are putting together F III, targeting either the Cowlitz or NF Lewis or Satsop on Oct 6th. Read about it and put in your 2 cents worth on the ifish BB ( www.ifish.net - Discussion Board). With these rivers crammed with silvers it is going to be a 'slaughter' of 6 fish limits per person. There will be a social of pizza and brew after the floating/fishing. Fun! Check it out.

RT

[ 08-31-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]

#120464 - 08/31/01 10:40 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm in RT. I'd prefer the 6th on the Chehalis/Satsop, so we can include sleds, driftboats and cats. This is what's waiting on the Satsop and Chehalis:

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#120465 - 09/01/01 01:30 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Actually the lewis would be the place. I'll go anywhere but the lewis is so full of silvers right now, it just makes a guy quiver... Anyhow, in the last 4 trips we've boated almost 50 fish. ITS UNREAL! So, you guys make the call but sleds, driftboats, or cats all are welcome. This river can take all and will come up to 3000 cfs after this weekend. You don't understand when it comes up, slaughter house doesn't even explain it!!!!!!!!
Keith

#120466 - 09/02/01 11:28 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
I'll be there. I should have at least 1 open seat if anyone needs a boat ride. I think I'll let Osprey and 'Yall put in ahead of us this time. It was a little embarrasing having 3 fish before that Waterworld contraption they were on even hit the water, on Flotilla II. laugh If you guys are bringing "that thing" again, I would recommend downriggers as high as "that thing" is. wink

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

#120467 - 09/02/01 01:01 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

RT,

Sort of a sad response so far. What's it gonna take to get these boys excited??? Any river will do for me!
Keith

#120468 - 09/02/01 05:07 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
The KRBT crew will be there! Im pitching in either a gift certeficate or some gear for one of the prizes.
I would perfer to have the SLAUGHTER ON THE WATER take place on the Lewis, But Im willing to go almost anywhere.
These is going to be fun!

#120469 - 09/02/01 07:13 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
If I only had a boat.. frown

By the way Dan, Nice fish!!

[ 09-02-2001: Message edited by: rainycity ]

#120470 - 09/02/01 07:59 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

rainy,

If you're lookin' to go, ask around and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find a seat someplace. Did you like that silver.....here's another one:

#120471 - 09/03/01 12:41 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Dang, DanS IS the silver master! eek

#120472 - 09/03/01 01:40 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

How bout the Hoh? Lots of Kings and Coho in Oct. Would'nt the Hoh be a little more nastalgic.

#120473 - 09/03/01 01:45 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline

That's quite a ways to drag the Oryguners, RICH. We're pretty well set on the 6th on the Sop/Chehalis, with the Cow or Lewis as backup in case of no water in the Satsop.

Anyone planning on coming and schooling the Orygunners should say so so that guys needing rides will know who to shake down for a seat. Should be a lot of fun, and RT said he might even roll down a hill for us! eek

#120474 - 09/03/01 02:25 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
Just needed an excuse to schedule a run up to Washington now I have one. Prefer the Cowlitz or the Lewis as I run a 20' customweld and would not be comfortable on the Satsop. Anyway it goes I will need lots of advice on any of these rivers on catching fish. I'm in

Desertdog smile

I fish therefore I am

#120475 - 09/03/01 03:51 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nice silver Dan! That's what weeeees after bro!!! If I catch 6 of those oversized hooksnosers I will be glad to roll down a hill for ya. laugh ...

Keith, there is a lot of interest for F III. But it's mostly expressed on the ifish BB thread. There's 2 pages and over 40 posts about it there. One thing different about these 2 best fishing BBs in the northwest is that the ifish one seems to be much more interactive, while this one has more freedom of expression wink . There will be lots of boats of fishin teams. I will also match Paul's (Willierower) $25 gift certificate, his for Kalama River Bait & Tackle and mine for STS products. How about you putting in a bottle or two of your new ultimate egg cure as a prize, Keith? The thing is, we don't know yet whether that would be for first place or the consolation prize. laugh ... Nah, just kidding. I've heard Jame's and your cure is great. Any other prize donators? We can have, say, the top 3 or 4 teams for total number of fish landed get appropriate prizes? And a prize for biggest fish (that will be me wink )! No bets or cash - that's illegal. I normally don't like salmon or steelhead derbies because it promotes catch and bonk - but this is an exception, with so many silvers that the WDFW wants lots of these brats harvested. Yeeehaaaaw, let's get it on! Look out Dan, 'Fly, Keith, James, Os, Jeff, Timberman, Scotty, Jerry, Kid Sauk, Parker, Redneck, or anybody from WA (as in WAAAAAH) - I AM PUMPED! I am going to kick your cocky Washington @$$&$ right out of the water. laugh :P ... partly because I'm pissed the Beavs had their heads torn off and their necks crapped down tonight mad (you were right Danno - SI is lame, and so were the Beavers, especially the O-line; now they have to win every fricken game the rest of this season or tuck tail and hide). .....

EDIT: Oh crap, stupid - I just put pressure on myself in a river I'm not dialed into ;), and I haven't fished competitively hard in a few years. ... Oh well, all in fun. (But I am going to kick your sorry butts! smile ) - Steve (RT)

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: RT 1 ]

#120476 - 09/03/01 12:52 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline

Hey Steve,

I figured you'd be out pi$$ing fire after that game last night. FSU is the real deal and OSU thought it would be cake. It almost happened to OSU last year against EWU in their opener, and FSU is no EWU. Now, you gotta hope that game was the kick in the pansts they needed, and send them to a 10-2 season (they still have to play UW :D) and a bowl win.

Guys with sleds: Keep in mind that we are doing a Satsop/Chehalis gig. The Satsop will likely be to small for sleds then, but the Chehalis is a good-sized river, with many guys running props in the lower stretches around Cosmopolis. That gives you MANY options for techniques, too. Everything from trolling herring, plugs, and spinners to sidedrifting bait and floating jigs..........you will be able to use your favorite salmon techs. someplace on this system.

I figured that would keep the Orygunners from gweebing too much about the home-river advantage. laugh Besides, I'm bringin' the Redneck, so that puts me even with just about anyone! eek

#120477 - 09/03/01 02:45 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

RT,
Great point, looks like we'll have to throw in 5 bottles of the new Ultimate Egg Cure. This will make for a great prize. What day will we have it and where? I'd love to go to any river, but like I mentioned when they raise the lewis it will be a season never forgotten!! laugh James and I, and the rest of the WA team do plan to hand you a spankin even worse than your Beavers got, and them almighty lucky Ducks almost received also. wink
Keith

#120478 - 09/03/01 08:23 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ya, maybe Dan. But after watching OSU's high school caliber offensive line seive I don't expect much from them now - they lost too many good players, including those receivers and fearsome defenders. rolleyes ...

Keith, thanks for the offer of your new "Ultimate Egg Cure" for another F III prize. Cool - we'll add it to the list. Reports are off great effectiveness with it. ...

The first F III option will be the Satsop River on Oct. 6th. If it's not happening there we will do the Cow or NF. We know you and James are drooling to get us guys on your home court advantage NF laugh , but Spooled, Ryan, and I were the hot boat in the meathole this morning, and also on down the river today. You are right about that river, they aren't hammering the pink worm or even custom Warts & Vibraxes. They ONLY wanted good eggs - which we had plenty of fortunately. What's wrong with those NF fish? Do the hatchery employees harass them as smolts with scary big worms and Warts, or what? Had a real nice multi fish day today though. Fun! And a peaceful drift. ... BTW, the only one I will let spank me is your sister - and then I will take her fishing afterward eek wink

Steve

#120479 - 09/03/01 08:58 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I would enjoy going. Any of the rivers within 80 miles or so would be fine for me. That is opening day of muzzleloader deer, but I can always hunt another day. If it is the Chehalis, I can make it down myself, with one other. Any other river, and I would be forced to, yeah forced, to head out with someone else. It would be an opportunity for some of you experience river fishermen to"learn me" a thing or two.

Count me in. I have about 3 pounds of fresh silver eggs that I just finished curing. Love to give them a try.

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#120480 - 09/03/01 10:03 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

RT,

Congrats on those lewis fish. They are odd though, they aren't too active about hardware. How many fish were hooked in the meathole? Did you see the 18' blue koffler, that was my padre and a co-worker of mine. He's been begging to get some of the Ultimate Egg Cure also but I'm holding out on him for other reasons. Ya know, the competition thing.
Easy about the spankings with the sister, she's a tough girl and would probably hurt ya. She don't like the fish thing much, she's more of a horse nut. Got a rope!!!
Well, the satsop would be cool. I've never fished it before and would be abliged to come up and put on a clinic. hehehe wink
Keith

[ 09-03-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

#120481 - 09/03/01 11:13 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
Gonna have to try and make this one as long as I am back from Deer hunting by then. Always wanted to fish the Satsop, since reading an article in STS years ago about ht huge silvers in that river. What kind of drift is it? I am still a rookie on the sticks smile or I could bum a ride I guess.

#120482 - 09/03/01 11:21 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Yeah, the satsop the home of the 20+ lb silvers. I'd love that! I want to go right now. How's the chinook fishing on that river at that time? Do they tipically hold in the deeper pools? I can't wait.
Keith

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 337 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |