Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120483 - 09/04/01 01:27 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Should be kings and silvers, and maybe a smattering of early chum. EASY water, no problem for a novice. Good mix of structured water and deep holes, with my best success coming using hardware, although the kings sometimes prefer eggs. The holding water will depend on the flows......hopefully there's enough water to spread the fish out. If we get a good rain a few days before...LOOK OUT. Even the Orygunners will catch fish then! eek

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#120484 - 09/04/01 02:04 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Dan S,
How deep are the holes on the satsop? What's the deepest? Are all the fish wild or are they hatchery bound? For both the satsop and chehalis? Are there any holes like the meathole on the lewis where all the fish come to and stack up? Chum's now there's another fun game... What's the biggest silver you've taken on these rivers.

#120485 - 09/04/01 12:24 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Keith,

The deeper holes are 10-12 ft., and that's where you'll find most of the Kings. The silvers are a mix of hatchery and wild fish, but the hatchery fish are hefty fish too. My personal biggest from the Satsop is 22 lbs. and change. The record is 26-something and I wouldn't be surprised to see that record broken this year.

Hope to see you and James there, hopefully you'll enjoy oufishing the Orygunners as much as Os and I did. laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#120486 - 09/04/01 09:49 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Keith, there were so many boats crammed in there Monday morning that Spooled had to park his trailer way the heck up the road. Ask your padre about a Willie driftboat without a motor that was tied up to the overhanging branch and hooking silvers backbouncing the seam. Fun for awhile, but I'm not real high on fishing in a used boat parking lot rolleyes , so we took off for the drift. And there were lots of bright silvers all the way down to the Island takeout, and likely below that. Will be all season. Cow, 'Sop, and others too! I will giving away some excess filets as usual, but where am I gonna fit all the excess eggs this fall (besides down salmon throats)? I will make room somehow laugh .

RT

#120487 - 09/05/01 01:28 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Hey there RT et all,

Count me and Bob D. in for this run. After building up enough credit traveling with the wife over the past couple weeks I should be good to go through spring nate season without too much hassle.

Keep an eye out for Bob's purple Willie.

Bruce

#120488 - 09/05/01 02:13 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I don't even want to ask what he did to make his "willie" turn purple! eek eek eek

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Dogfish ]

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Dogfish ]

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#120489 - 09/05/01 04:27 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Team Vision, aka Team Dawg, will be there! The Kid, Fly, and I will put the hurt to those fish. I'd say we'll gladly talk smack to RT about those Beavers, but no talk is needed after last weekend! Bwahahaha! wink

Here's the one of the results from Flotilla I.

#120490 - 09/05/01 08:07 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Bruce. Glad you are coming - looking forward to seeing you again! ...

And Parker, they aren't my Beavs - unless they change it around and go to and win the Rosebowl. Then it's because I cheered them on. laugh See ya at the F III, unless sooner. - Steve

#120491 - 09/05/01 09:09 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
FASTWATER Offline
Spawner

Loc: Place's you only dream about
Your getting my attention is their any body out ther that wants a refuge to fish with them !!!!!!!!!!

#120492 - 09/05/01 11:15 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
I've applied for a kitchen pass earlier today so I'll have to see what comes back from there. Maybe if Roy goes I can hitch a ride from him...
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#120493 - 09/06/01 01:04 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK whats the ground rules. Silvers only? No more than 2 adult silvers. Looks like we can "Kuner" one chinook. We lookin at overall poundage? Big fish? Wierdest lure? Style? As an old time resident of the Grays Harbor Gooose is in on this and lacking a drift boat, cat, sled or a seat in someones elses boat may demonstrate the use of an truck tire inner tube and swim fins. Is there a limit on where we can fish the Chehalis? Can I fish in the estuaries around the mouths of Elk and Johns Rivers(Area 2-2 East) where I can "Kuner" two chinook?

Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff

Always FishOn!
Gooose

#120494 - 09/06/01 01:24 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Too bad you guys don't do a banktilla. Does the Satsop have any good areas to bankfish? I havn't tried any of the Grays Harbor area rivers yet but they're pretty close. Dan S is so lucky to live so close to those rivers. I went to the Killcene last Wednesday evening hooked (in the mouth) and lost a big silver drifting orange yarn and a hook. Saw the Cougs get revenge on the Vandals Thursday. Also went to Portland for my wifes family reunion last weekend and watched Oregon win one for the Pac Ten. Went west of Beaver territory with her dad on Sunday/Monday morning and we each got two summer steelies. Watched part of the Beaver thrashing by Fresno State (I think Fresno State replaces OSU as cinderella this year). Erickson will have his team ready next game. The traffic stall at Castle Rock Monday was a pain in the ass. Got to do some domestic chores before I can get another kitchen pass. Can't wait to see the Huskies lose to Michigan and then Miami. Why do Cougars hate Huskies and Beavers hate Ducks and vice versa?

[ 09-05-2001: Message edited by: Steelheadman ]

#120495 - 09/06/01 01:35 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Desertdog Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Winnemucca Nv
well I am pumped for this gig. Wife green lighted a drift boat so will pick up a new willie 17x54 on the 5th and run like heck for the satsop to christen it properly with fish blood.( I Hope ).

Team Nevada

I fish therefore I am

#120496 - 09/06/01 02:36 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Don't worry RT, Papa Beaver Dennis will alleviate some of the overcrowding in the SO. Cal jail facilities and have the Beavs in prime form for next year!! JC transfers my butt!!! jk. Looks like we'll have to put together a few one man rubber ducks from the local area and clean up in a "sportsmanlike manner" jigs, flies etc... Just don't run over our poor little boats with them cold, impersonal metal rigs from down south. I'm gonna hide behind Os's big old cat (unless he's wearing sumthin' purple) Do I get odds on the Palouse game?! It'll be like us flyguys trying to keep up with you wormdunkers, spoonheads, and rattletowers!!! By the way, what does a Beaver Say? Eat Me?
By the way RT, on Sept. 24 I'll not only be a Coug alum, I'll be a fighting Geoduck (Evergreen State College in Oly). Well, at least I'm already used to sporting mediocrity, why change now. Told the wife I was going to try out for the 'hoop team as long as they played half-court and I could cherry pick all game. At first I was bummed about actually having a set schedule with two years of master's program looming. I wasn't too happy about the prospect of becoming another weekend warrior. However, I've got to cross the 'Sop every day on the way to school!!!!

#120497 - 09/06/01 03:33 AM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

C&D, rubber ducky? laugh Hey, whatever works is cool! Just remember, this ain't 'armchair' football - this will seperate the men from the boys! Or in case of the guys that can't get a kitchen pass - this would then separate the men from their toys. laugh ... And Steel', no reason bankies can't show up. Bring your catch to the Hwy. 12 takeout in the late afternoon; then join the after fishing party - wherever the Waaaaasie's decide it should be. wink ... And how far down the Chehalis do some of you guys want to go? At least stay out of Gray's Harbor or any other saltwater! rolleyes smile

RT

#120498 - 09/06/01 06:23 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

NOTE: F III is not a derby or fishing contest, for which we would have to apply to the WDFW for a permit. This is a fun social event. There is no law against bragging rights or even some gifts of appreciation and brotherhood. wink

Rags and FM Mark, if F III gets switched to the Cow or NF the sleds are definitely the way to go, both to cover more water quicker and also to have more fishers along. If the 'Sop gets the rain it should by then, it's a tough decision. The driftboat runs have the nicer defined holes, which could also have more fish in them if the fish are on a quick move. However, the lower mile or two of holes on the Satsop R. are sled accessable and is commonly done, and they are good holes (the "Fishing The West" TV show filmed on the Satsop was in a sled with a guide). You also can fish sleds off the mouth out in the big Chehalis R. and do very well on the silvers headed both for the 'Sop and on up the Chehalis. And again, sleds carry more fishers/rods. If you have a 3 person team I would make the decision based on the latest fishing reports that week before the 6th. FM, you should get Stew and another good fisher or two and get after this thing with us. Fun! ... And all these rivers can be effectively bankfished too, for those that aren't hooked up to a boat ride - and can meet at the take out with the boaters. LOTS of great fish! Gonna be fun regardless!

RT

#120499 - 09/06/01 08:45 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Its a contest don't [Bleeeeep!] yourself RT!!!!Orygonians SUCK!! Washintonians are gonna mop up with you folks laugh Glad you are such an expert on the Sop RT laugh Hope that helps ya smile I bet you can't even find your way to the giddy-up hole can ya? :p TM signin off for now till the games begin and "US" washintonians kick some Orygun asssola..!!!! :p

#120500 - 09/06/01 08:58 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Don`t suppose anybody has an open seat anywhere do they?
I personally don`t drink (except for a rare cocktail) but don`t give a dang if or how much someone else does.
I have enough other vises.. wink
I just never aquired a taste for it.
More than willing to chip in for whatever though, I`ll even buy the beer.

#120501 - 09/06/01 11:43 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

Geez TM, you are so cute when you talk manly and angry like that. And who the heck said I was a 'Sop expert? Not me. I've never fished it for silvers. Same with most of us OR boys comin at ya from the south. But that is what is going to make this soooooooooo saweeeeet! Spankin your asses on your home field. laugh Yeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaw! - RT mad hisssss

#120502 - 09/06/01 11:52 PM Re: FLOATILLA III -- Slaughter On The Water
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT, this is boater, i just wanted to say that we wont laugh to hard when we "school" you boys from down south...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
TrollKing, wateronthebrain
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (FishCatcher), 949 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645426 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |