Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120597 - 09/01/01 10:03 PM Carbon opener
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
We got there pretty late. Some time around noon. I guess there was some fish caught in the morning. Most of the fish I saw were pretty brown. No chromers. Pretty much half of the people that had been there in the morning had hooked up. I also guess the bulk is still out in commencment bay. I'm gonna go for humpies the next couple weeks. Good luck to everyone.

#120598 - 09/02/01 04:55 AM Re: Carbon opener
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
How's the water?? I know the Puyallup is looking good if you're a corn plant. It never has cleared up this year.

#120599 - 09/02/01 11:09 PM Re: Carbon opener
Matt S. Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Northwest
The water is like a chocolate milk shake. Pretty bad conditions. I would skip it until rain hits and more fish come in.

#120600 - 09/03/01 04:27 AM Re: Carbon opener
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
I went and tried it today, gonna need some cold nights to hit before it's fishable. Need a little more than 3 inches of visibilty to catch them thangs.
I avoided the meat hole area, seen one guy leaving with about a 25lb hen. Other than that nothing.
Talked to some guys in a canoe and they said they hadn't seen anything laying on the bank up above either.

#120601 - 09/05/01 01:22 AM Re: Carbon opener
JTD Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Browns Point,Wa. USA
I just have to give my two cents... I gave up fishing the Carbon and am ashamed to say that I ever did fish there. Rubbing elbows with every territorial Wal-mart shopper/snagger, from Parkland, Roy and Buckley, isn't worth the effort. I vote that the state makes it a juvenile fishing only area. The blatant snagging and littering is inexcusable. I would love to be able to take my son or daughter down and give them a chance to hook a decent fish for the first time without some meathead's brow beating. Sorry just had to vent.
In the legend of King Arthur, the Fisher King was a renowned angler whose errant ways caused him to be struck dumb in the presence of the sacred chalice. I am no great fisherman, and a steelhead is not the covenant of Christ, but with each of these fish I am rendered speechless.

#120602 - 09/05/01 01:44 AM Re: Carbon opener
Anonymous
Unregistered

JTD, sorry to hear you have had some bad experiences on the Carbon. If you don't mind leaving the Meathole's to the Meatheads you can usually do pretty good. That leeve road makes for some easy walking for the young ones.

Sinker maybe that was me you saw with the big hen on Saturday, she went at 20lbs even. Just after the guys in the canoe went by on Sunday I picked up a twelve pound fin clipped summer run steelhead. laugh in the same drift. We got the same report from them too. rolleyes

Sturza, even with that chocolate milk water fish short and large bright color with lots of shrimp scent. Use the same tactics that you would use for dirty water steelhead. wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1098 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |