LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#120760 - 09/05/01 04:55 AM Full moon affects on fish and people?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The consensus seems to be that unless you are night fishing it is better when there isn't a full moon. Perhaps, but only a little diff for salmon and steelhead in my opinion. There were lots of salmon caught on the NF Monday, during this full moon phase - and this is a viscious one. ...

As for the effects on people, it's well documented to have negative effects on many of us. I am no exception. You may have noticed in a few of my posts, especially football and Floatilla threads, a little aggrivation. I do get a little cantankerous on a hard full moon sometimes. smile Please excuse this one. shocked How does it affect some of you guys that do sense a difference? And what do ya think about it's affect on salmon/steelhead river fishing?

RT

#120761 - 09/05/01 05:18 AM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally dont nottice a difference, but due to my line of work I nottice that the crazy people get a little more crazy right before and right after the full moon. During the full moon people arnt as weird as they are right before and after. More strange stuff happens during these time periods.

#120762 - 09/05/01 09:10 AM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
I wouldn't dare go fishing with RT on a full moon, he's wild enough in the daytime laugh laugh

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#120763 - 09/05/01 04:20 PM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
RRR Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: (Tacoma native),San Diego WA, ...
Ya know -- it might be psychological but I have noticed a slight improvement in fishin right before and after (and to a lesser extent during a new moon. In fact, on avg, my best success rates over the years have been around the time of the new moon. I wonder if that has somethin to do with the fish can't see as well at night when there is no moon so they feed heavier at dawn/dusk (my favorite times to fish). Also a lot of people tend to believe that fish (and game)are more active when the moon is as high in the sky as it will get and also when the moon is on the opposite side of the earth (apogee and perigee or somethin like that?). Anyone agree/disagree with this moon stuff? Most fishin prediction system seem to use these suppositions as the basis for there predictions. Is this basically about as useful as checkin yer horoscope or is there somethin to it?

Remove the Elwa damns NOW!

Roger

VERY Homesick in San Diego

#120764 - 09/06/01 01:45 AM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
I thought the full moon last weekend improved fishing. My partner thought it would hurt fishing because the steelhead would feed at night and be fullin the morning. The full moon was so bright Sunday night that it was illuminating the whole gorge. My partner got two and lost two and I got two, one was a native and released. I would say we did good even though it seems like a down year for the summer runs. eek

#120765 - 09/06/01 07:30 PM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
Spinnin' fool Offline
Eyed Egg

RRR-

I am a fanatic fan of the Evergreen Pacific tide guide. They have tables for the major and minor activity times on any given day. There have been many, many times when the fishing has been dead until I have hit one of the activity times then bite's on! Back checking friend's fishing reports with the times on the days they were fishing has proved it to me.

The system was started by the Polynesians who observed that fish bite best when the moon is directly over head or directly underneith (major bites). The second best times are when the moon is rising or setting (minor bites). I have seen animal activity when out hunting correlate to the activity times.

#120766 - 09/06/01 10:29 PM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Don't laugh, but I have one of those Casio "fish in time" watches, and it has the sloar-lunar tables that you talk of. It is not a joke, and it does work. The watch even gives you sun-up and sun-down. Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#120767 - 09/07/01 11:40 PM Re: Full moon affects on fish and people?
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Everyone knows that only women are affected by a full moon. RT, please explain YOURSELF! rolleyes eek

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |