LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121584 - 09/18/01 03:53 PM SEACAT-any reports?
umrules Offline
Spawner

Loc: wa., usa
Seacat, since you know South Sound better than anybody I know, thought I'd ask you.. If you were fishing Sunday where would you go? Southwoth, Point Defiance, anything worth fishing right now or should I just watch footbalL?

Thanks.

#121585 - 09/19/01 12:26 PM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, WA
Here's a couple of reports.

1. My neighbor across the street pulled a 27 pounder out of Gorst creek a few days ago. I don't know how bright it was, but they kept it.

2. I have a friend who lives in Colvos passage and he reports the silvers are in, jumping, rolling and biting. He hooked 2 decent sized ones from his dock using bobbers and herring strips.

So, where should you fish this weekend? In your boat, I would say that the Slag pile and Browns Pt. in the Pt. Defiance area are a couple you could try. Over on the Gig Harbor side, Sunrise beach can be real good this time of year for silvers. Southworth might be a little slow right now, but you never know. You can hit the Allen Bank area and Dolphin while you're there. Try solo herring trolled at 3-4 mph in shallow, right up next to the beach in the Southworth and Gig Harbor areas.

In my boat, I'd try Jeff Head/Possesion, or better yet, I think I'd make the tow up to Port Angeles for hooknose coho. The reports are still quite good from up there. The usual herring and coyote options up there.

So depening on the weather/tides you could launch at Eglon from the beach or Kingston at the sling and fish Point No Point and/or Jeff Head/Possesion, or stay in the more protected waters of Southworth and Pt. Defiance if the wind kicks up.

Confused yet??? eek

#121586 - 09/19/01 01:05 PM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
umrules Offline
Spawner

Confused? Always.... But at least I know I'll be listening to the football games on the radio! I'll be out in a 21' Starcraft this weekend so can take a little more water than my boat.May try the Southworth/Allen Bank/ Dolphin point triangle and that way can move from one spot to another if nothing is happening.

Thanks for the info..
You fishing this weekend??

#121587 - 09/19/01 01:48 PM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

So far, I'm not fishing. My truck is in the shop right now, so I can't tow. mad

Let me know how you guys do.

#121588 - 09/24/01 09:45 AM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
umrules Offline
Spawner

Wound up launching at Brownsville yesterday and fished up by miller bay above the Agate bridge. Lots of shakers! Got one Silver to the boat, about 8lbs, Lost one big fish and everything else was shakers. Ran everything we could think of, Hoochies, Coyote spoons, plain lug cut herring, Salmon flies, caught the one keeper at 35' with the ol' Southworth setup of Green Flasher and herring hood. Not a great day of fishing, but a great day to be out there.

#121589 - 09/24/01 10:35 AM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
Seacat Offline
Returning Adult

Like you said, a great day to be on the water and you didn't come home smelling like a skunk. rolleyes

That Miller Bay area does hold a lot of bait and seems to be a nursery for young fish. When we used to be able to fish for blackmouth in the winter, that area used to be real good. Kind of sheltered from the southwesterlies and lots of bait, so it was a good choice when you couldn't get out to Possesion of even Jeffhead. I'm surprised you didn't try Possession since you were up there in that area. The silvers are still pouring in from the strait and seeing some of the other reports, it looks like there were fish to be caught there. Did you guys try Jeffhead at all?

I've been seeing a lot of coho and chum swimming by the Faunterloy ferry dock in the afternoons while waiting for the ferry. They are schooled up in groups of 10-25 fish, right up on top in mid afternoon. Probably saw over a hundred last week.

I stopped by Gorst creek the other day after picking up my truck and couldn't believe how many fairly fresh chinook were in there. They bulldozed and tore out the old weirs in there and have created a more natural stream with logs and pools for the fish and they were everywhere. Most were 8-12 but there were some 20's and 25's in there too. Pretty cool to see em' that close. That run must have been late this year, cause the August reports sucked, but that creek is stuffed right now.

[ 09-24-2001: Message edited by: seacat ]

#121590 - 09/24/01 03:09 PM Re: SEACAT-any reports?
umrules Offline
Spawner

We did run over to Jeff's Head for about an hour or so. A dozen or so boats over there and didn't see any hook ups at all whiler we were there, so went back over by Miller Bay as we were marking alot more bait and a lot more fish over there. Maybe next weekend will try Possession.

umrules

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 948 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |