LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#121597 - 09/18/01 04:44 PM Dan Baileys waders????
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Who in the Seattle area carries these breathable waders? What model should i buy? price isnt too much of a concern.What about a good wading shoe to go with it? thanks guy's in advance,Ron

- Albert Einstein.

#121598 - 09/18/01 05:25 PM Re: Dan Baileys waders????
Anonymous
Unregistered

I baught the $194.00 ones from Teds about a month ago and they have been great so far. I put about 10 times the abuse than the avarage guy on my gear so for now I rate them a 10. I think the ones I got are middle rated ones. The true test will be next week when I head to Kodiak for 8 days.
So far Ive beat them in the brush fallen in the river on sharp rocks and still no problems. I do these things everytime I fish which is about four days a week. Im a bit reckless.

I baught them from RPetzold at Teds. Get a hold of him and he will hook you up.

#121599 - 09/18/01 06:54 PM Re: Dan Baileys waders????
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I picked up a pair from Salmon Bay Tackle in Ballard and couldn't be happier with them after getting a bunch of leaks in a pair of Fly Tech's after one season. Check them out. Good folks.

Bruce

#121600 - 09/19/01 11:17 AM Re: Dan Baileys waders????
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Sol Duc,
Go to a retail shop and get fitted, then keep an eye out on the Virtual Flyshop's (your search engine will bring it up) clasifieds. There always is breathables on sale there. Flyshops and dealers sell their last years stock and closeouts for great prices.
As far as wading boots go, stay away from any of the synthetic leather. I bought a pair of Weinbrenner Borger Ultimates for $115 and they lasted two years before falling apart. Danner is the ONLY way to go. You can get them through the Danner outlet in Portland for a pretty subsantial savings. They'll have both the corked and plain felts. Some people have trouble with the stitching on the boots. Just run a thin bead of aquaseal on the stitching prior to use and they will last along time. I have friends who guide in Alaska, Argentina, and Mongolia and have had the same boots resoled three times now with no problem from the uppers.
For waders, if you can get the Simms guide models off the internet jump on it...they're the best out there. I've skimped on euiptment and ended up paying more in the long run. Go for the best and doing it this way is as cheap as getting lower quality stuff. Good Luck.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1080 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |