Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122280 - 10/01/01 12:54 PM Upper Toutle
wooldridge Offline
Parr

Loc: Centralia
Anyone been on the upper Toutle. I know how well the mouth has been but have any of the fish made it up and if so are they all dark?

Thanks

Jeff

#122281 - 10/01/01 09:21 PM Re: Upper Toutle
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Lots of bronze Chinook (yawn). Worked my way to the mouth. It's ashame that because of low water all those silvers are going to stew in the Cow.

#122282 - 10/02/01 01:12 AM Re: Upper Toutle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fished the upper Toutle at the confluence of the Green on Saturday morning, nothing but bronze kings. Some fight left in them though the meat color is somewhat lacking, almost chum pink to white. Not many silvers showing from 19 line down to the mouth yet.
Had better luck on the Puyllaup on Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Eggs and a piece of white yarn were the best producers. The silvers were smaller with an ocassional larger 30+ inch fish in the mix, over all quality, they are brite and eager to bite.

#122283 - 10/02/01 07:37 PM Re: Upper Toutle
creekwalker Offline
Parr

Loc: longview,
went to the hollywood gorge area today had 11 hook ups landed 7 . all on eggs there here just have to hunt !!!! wink wink wink

#122284 - 10/02/01 10:49 PM Re: Upper Toutle
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, that's encouraging, guess its time to start hunting after all this is October! wink Thanks Creekwalker

#122285 - 10/03/01 02:28 PM Re: Upper Toutle
wooldridge Offline
Parr

Ok were is the Hollywood gorge if you don't mind asking. I fished the Toutle at the Green yesterday and the day before. Saw all dark kings and a bunch of Garbage. I can't believe how some people can leave all their crap behind. When my son and I went yesterday I brought a 55 gal garbage sack and we had that half full when we left. Anyways I have not heard of the hollywood gorge.

thanks

Jeff

#122286 - 10/04/01 06:25 PM Re: Upper Toutle
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Bringing it back to the top to see if we can get an answer as to where Hollywood Gorge is. I've probably fished it, but just didn't realize the area was called that. Anybody know where it's at?

#122287 - 10/05/01 02:41 AM Re: Upper Toutle
cohomojo Offline
Egg

Loc: Olympia
I fished the Toutle, including the "gorge" below the highway bridge near Toutle for years before the mountan blew. Nobody back then seemed to know what the Hollywood Gorge was all about either.
Thanks, Jeff, for cleaning up some of the mess near the mouth of the Green. I was down there today and picked up a bit of trash, too, but there's still lots and lots more. It's no wonder fishing opportunity is being lost by leaps and bounds.
Not a coho in sight. Lots of people fishing and keeping kings, mostly dark, even though the posted signs say that the stretch of river above Kid Valley closed to kings Oct. 1. They were saying that F&W employees said it's still okay to retain kings up there. Does anyone know the official F&W position?

Bob

#122288 - 10/05/01 09:17 AM Re: Upper Toutle
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
I wouldnt keep a king above the highway bridge.From the looks of them I wouldnt want to.There have been no reports I've seen saying its ok. They are looking for nice ticket

#122289 - 10/05/01 01:05 PM Re: Upper Toutle
wooldridge Offline
Parr

I am going to take off work early, pick up my wife and kids and try to find some fish. I am going to try some other spots down river. There should be some silvers somewhere! I think I will stay away from the upper area.

Jeff

#122290 - 10/06/01 12:29 AM Re: Upper Toutle
Bathtub Bob Offline
Parr

Loc: Rochester, Wa
Hollywood gorge is about 3 miles above tower bridge. On the tower road. There use to be a falls at Coxs ,that on lowflows the fish seem to ball up.

#122291 - 10/08/01 09:09 PM Re: Upper Toutle
wooldridge Offline
Parr

Thanks for the info. On friday I ended up and the mouth of the green for a couple hours. I caught a few dark kings. People were keeping some of them. I just checked the WDFW web site and sure enough above the kid Valley bridge it is closed to Kings and If they read the sign all the way to the bottom it says it there too. I think next time I am going to try the hollywood gorge. Maybe the rain will send the Silvers up. But I am afraid they will be in the same condition as the Kings.

Jeff

#122292 - 10/08/01 09:27 PM Re: Upper Toutle
Jeffhead Offline
Spawner

Loc: Olympia, Washington
Well what little rain we got didn't move the fish any where. I fished to Toutle mouth with a friend and between us we hooked three but didn't land any of them. One of the one's I had was a pretty dark buck and I never saw the second one. The action was not hot by any stretch of the imagination!!! Saw maybe 10 or 15 fish caught for about 30 guys fishing from 7:30 to about 2:00. Most of those were pretty dark, some were kept and I'm not sure why. No beefs between the bankers and the boaters today, which was nice to see.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
ET, kbrain57, OLYBEAV
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 534 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |