Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122391 - 10/02/01 03:36 PM Good outboard info
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Hello my fellow fisher people, I just bought myself a little fishin' boat with an '82 35hp Evinrude. laugh Started right up, runs great and got one heck of a deal for the whole package. Anyhow, I have been trying to find some info on the motor as far as preventive maintenance good local shops that work on outboards and really just a point in the right direction. This is my first boat so as all you boat owners probably know I am pretty excited right now and in the process of filling the hole in the water with money. Sure is funny that if the word marine is attached to the part is costs about 5 times as much????? I live in Lake Stevens which is just east of Everett so if there someone fairily local os any good marine shops please let me know...

Also, I have been eyeballing the Humminbird 200dx, if anyone have any thoughts or recommendations on fishfinders that will also be a great help.. laugh

#122392 - 10/02/01 04:23 PM Re: Good outboard info
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Tom's outboard in Olympia does a great job on evinrudes and johnsons. He fixed up my old 1958 bigtwin 35hp, and it ran better than my buddies newer merc.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#122393 - 10/02/01 04:42 PM Re: Good outboard info
Pmartin Offline
Spawner

Thanks Dogfish smile But, I am hoping to find something up on the Northend in Snohomish Co. If I ever move that far south I will definitely look it up... cool

#122394 - 10/02/01 05:11 PM Re: Good outboard info
Periwinkle Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
I would stay away from Performance Marine. They charged me an arm and a leg (twice) and never found or fixed the problem on my Merc 85. Took it to Mercer Marine, found and fixed the problem. (I'd also had the motor to a Bothell dealer with no luck, who's not in business anymore)

#122395 - 10/03/01 12:19 AM Re: Good outboard info
Doubletake Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Duvall, Wa.
Pmartin, try Sky Valley Marine in Monroe, I haven't been there since I got my inboard but they use to do all the work on my 80 Merc. Did good work too. Hope this helps.

Doubletake

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 985 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |