Thought I'd pass on some info in exchange for some of the good tips I've read here.

We've been doing well on the Snohomish the past few days. It's no great secret spot, as everyone and his dog is out there. But there are approximately a quadrillion salmon in there, and they can be caught pretty readily.
We've been catching them on a combination of wiggle warts and dick nites. The dick nite seems to be the better lure, by far. We fished them behind a jet diver, with about a six foot leader. You want the little dick nite, either the smallest size, or one size bigger, about 1 inch long. Quite a few fish are coming out from orange and herringbone wiggle warts as well.

The fish seem to be spread out pretty well from Everett at least up through Snohomish, and I'm guessing beyond that. The best bite seems to be around the tide change, though we haven't totally figured that out yet. When the bite is off, there is not a lot happening, despite there being a LOT of fish around. When the bite starts, it's pretty good action. One day, we had about a dozen fish on for two guys in about an hour. We lose a lot of them because of the tiny hook, but there are a lot of fish to be had.

Even if you don't want to fish it, it's worth driving out to one of the parks just to see all the fish roll. Go to downtown snohomish and look at the river anywhere. It's pretty impressive, and nice to see after the El Nino years.