LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#122840 - 10/09/01 10:17 PM Love making .....
Anonymous
Unregistered

..... custom painted Kwikfish and Warts! [Bet that got your attention] wink

Has anyone been trying the custom painting suggestions I made last fall for Kwikfish? Getting all chrome and all white ones (harder to come by :eek smile is the starting place. Then masking off either the right or left side, including both top and bottom. Then after rubbing off any hand oils present with rubbing alcohol, spray paint the other half of the chrome ones with Testor's Enamel 'Blue Saphire Metalic' color, and the other half of the white ones gloss black (or flame red). Then put one tape fisheye on the underside of the bill. Also cut out a small arrow shaped chartreuse or flame red piece of lure tape and put it on the under side back by the tail end; arrow pointing forward. Then put on a swivel beadchain hook extender and large treble with a floatant on it's shank, such as tapered foam for neutral bouyancy (on the larger Kwikfish and heavier large hook). For the Warts just use a 2X or 3X strong treble. After allowing the paint to cure dry for a couple days you are ready to wrap on sardine filets and get after them with the blue/chrome ones in clear to slightly colored water and the white/black ones in colored to murky water. Wrap the filet around the belly eye on the Kwikfish. Wrap a real small one on the beadchain of the Wiggle Wart or Mag Wart; painted in these same color combos. If there are a lot of leaves in the river, switch to large single siwash hooks on the extended beadchains. Do this right and it's fish's on!

#122841 - 10/09/01 10:49 PM Re: Love making .....
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
...................the next best thing to fishing! laugh

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#122842 - 10/09/01 10:51 PM Re: Love making .....
chaser Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: marysville,wa
Read about some guide down at Tillamook bay describing painting his kwikfish this way about a year and a half ago. Tried it and it seems to work. Even tried the color schemes on some silver hordes and got some dandy blackmouth on them.

#122843 - 10/09/01 11:34 PM Re: Love making .....
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you read about this on internet fishing sites or in the fall 2000 issue of STS magazine, that was me - 'former' Tillamook and other areas fishing guide. wink These lures customized to appear like injured baitfish do work very well!

BTW, I forgot to mention to remove the 2 stock hooks before applying the extended beadchain rigup - which will increase your landing rate, especially on salmon.

RT

#122844 - 10/10/01 04:17 AM Re: Love making .....
Anonymous
Unregistered

I forgot to address your comment Kid.

"..... is the next best thing to fishing!" ... Hmmmm. Either I don't know quite how to get the most enjoyment out of fishing - or, you just don't know how to ****! laugh

#122845 - 10/10/01 11:36 AM Re: Love making .....
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Not only do I have said mentioned painted injured baitfish plug, it's even *autographed* by the infamous RT himself!

It's hanging in my office though, so I don't think it will ever see combat duty.

Parker

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (steely slammer, wolverine), 1118 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |