THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123197 - 10/15/01 03:52 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Hey PP,

Looking for that "last word"?

It's not that you post complaints......it's that ALL you post are complaints, or disagreements. See the difference?

And no, there probably isn't much you can tell me about fishing, but how would you (or I) know if you only post on complaining threads?

Tell you what, post something worthwhile to a fishing BB. Still waiting..........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#123198 - 10/15/01 04:04 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
All this would be funny if it wasn`t so sad.. rolleyes

#123199 - 10/15/01 04:10 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
You are incorrect sir. If you actually search the sight, most of my posts are either offering or asking for information directly related to fishing. Maybe you could actually do some research before you slam away. Anyway, you've successfully turned this thread around to be all about ME! Way to go.

You did say "I don't need the last word"

#123200 - 10/15/01 04:26 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
ritefish Offline
Fry

Loc: PNW
Hi all, I can't help to chime in on this topic because of the crux of what RT is trying to get folks to understand.

Freedom of speech is a consitutional right. While there are rules policing DB's like this and ifish, still the bottom line is both of these PUBLIC forums have a diverse mixture of people with different backgrounds that have many interests. I would think it would be one dimensional to keep the topics strictly to fishing which ultimately the amount of visitors who come to this place might decline, then sponsors would not want to advertise thus leading to the potential end of a great site. I'm not saying this will happen but the potential is there if topic matter cannot be as diverse as the audience.

I fish and do enjoy reading all the great info that is presented but I also enjoy the commadarie that exists with fishermen (and fisherwomen smile ). I have been on ifish for sometime and have made well over 300 posts but the climate is getting very political and there are a few there who believe they can dicate what is said by whom, and if you cross the line with one of the members of the clique, be ready for a wrath. I will read info, but will very selectively post on ifish.

This board seems to have much more class as I have been lurking for awhile. Seems very open and informative. Very cool!! cool

Thanks for letting me vent! smile

#123201 - 10/15/01 05:17 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Pilar Offline
Fry

Loc: Portland Oregon
I just love it when people talk about what I am thinking! A thick skin is a requirement for any public exposure. Ask any politician or ex moderator.

In general the moderators have very little to do except read and laugh at Ifish. There are however a few whose every post needs to be read. They might be sending secret messages to Hez Bollah. There are a few who attract a lot of attention ........ Hmmmmmmm........because they want to.

That is the huge problem with stereotypes and generalities. You really don't have to say who you are talking about, they will know who they are.

I haven't been here for months. Some things never change and I haven't missed a thing.

#123202 - 10/15/01 05:56 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
With all this mention of crackers and whining and all that I suddenly am craving some James Taylor music. Yuck.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#123203 - 10/15/01 09:04 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
Hey P.P., you use the reference of Jimmy The Greek in your post. You say what he said was "inappropriate", not that he was wrong. Maybe the same thing applies here. The simple fact is, some people try to be politically correct and send a somewhat unclear response to things, others as Jim Rhome would say, tell "the ugly truth". Maybe RT can change his moniker to the "Ugly Truth" wink. I admire RT for not sugar coating everything. I may not always agree with what he says (in this case I do), but there is no question where he stands on subjects.

#123204 - 10/15/01 09:13 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been elsewhere today and just logged on to the suprise of 50+ posts on this subject. That means the issues of centure (spelled censorship?) and delete button power abuse via 'selectivity' likely is as significant to many people as it is to me. Good. Maybe it will make a difference to the better for all of us involved in these 2 good fishing and lifestyle fun public posting forums that have become part of our lives. ...

As for you Pitch Pocket, you addressed me directly so I will answer you directly. To quote this 'ifish insider' with the disguised moniker (Gregg, Bill, Pete, Jen, SS, RW, or whoever? - note the question mark before you get your panties in a bunch wink ):

Quote:
RT, if you get your panties in a knot every time something doesn't go your way, you are going to need a prescription for Prozac. Using your little influence and notoriety to promote a snotty sour grape attitude is very unprofessional. You come over here and rally the troops for what reason?
The moderators at any sight are human beings that have to make decisions based upon whatever criteria they are given. If they make a seemingly wrong judgement call, it is just that....a judgement call. So what if the party photos were deemed unnecessary. Jen has posted many times about the unwieldly size the board is getting. Is that lost on you? Geez, cut some slack and lighten up.
As a "professional" writer for my favorite fishing magazine, I wonder if you don't have a responsiblity to take a little higher ground and stop this bashing crap. See if Mr. Amato would let you print your little diatribe in his magazine. That should be a good indicator as to whether you should post it here.

Hmmm. Classy. rolleyes Spare the prescription advice doc; and quit sniffing around in my panties please. And "snotty sour grape attitude"? As I have had to do with other 'reading and conceptionally challenged people', I ask you to go back and re-read my posts within this thread and see that they are about principle, not grapes! ...

Your take on moderators is "they have to make decisions on whatever criteria they are given". EXACTLY! On ifish, Hookset is not abiding fairly by the criteria. He is abiding by selective directive, in addition to his own selectivity. He is targeting those of the owner's disdain. "A judgement call" - no, more like a biased call! Clearly you must be able to see that allowing a few members to post many many pics on ifish of the recent beer drinking partying going on around small children at Jennie's place (which Hook' and Jen clearly allowed, against "criteria", without even a behind the scenes whisper) and then turning around and locking, critisizing, and then deleting my thread is utterly hypocritical and unfair! It's because of the true reasons I wrote about in the long post within this thread. 3 moderators felt compelled to leave that 'directed' and unpaid role within half a year! And we are getting the unfair wrath of a 'queen' scorned; especially behind the scenes of which you may be privy to or not. You simply cannot get around those facts. Trying to do so makes you look as weakly "agenda'd" as Dan has correctly portrayed you. ...

As for you comparing apples to oranges in asking if STS would want my "diatribe" published in their mag, I doubt it because it would be pointless to most of their readers. They are a magazine, not an interactive website. ... Yet. ... Nick has brought up the subject of opening up a public BB on the STS website with me as moderator/techie - with a "no holds barred" freedom of expression allowed. I told him I would think about it after I finish my overdue book (which I have been re-writing in entirety; for the best possible comprehensive work - now slowed down again due to a broken tailbone). If it comes about, it will definitely be informative AND FUN! I have kinda had it with moderating, but that situation might re-kindle my interest. We'll see. ...

As for all of you others, thanks for your support. And some of you, understand this is not a sour grapes 'diatribe' - it is about changing a fishing website's influential public forum page to proper fairness and equal rights of expression. That can't be done on that site with the people presently on the delete buttons. That's why it's here. Like I said - that's all.

RT

#123205 - 10/15/01 10:05 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
RT --- that's four 500+ word diatribes in the last 30 hours..... Are you OK, man???

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: thumper ]

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#123206 - 10/15/01 10:40 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for your concern Thumper. I don't know if I'm OK. I think those pills they gave me for my broken tailbone also have some stimulant in them. I'm not a coffee drinker and am more susceptable to it's effect. It's certainly got me on some kind of ramble, ay? Truthful, and I hope useful, ramble though. wink

#123207 - 10/15/01 10:47 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Sleep, RT, zzzzzzzz sleep. Deep breaths. No more pills. And go catch a fish!

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#123208 - 10/15/01 11:28 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

forget it, this is a waste of time

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: boater1 ]

#123209 - 10/15/01 11:38 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey boater, RT does not have a drinking problem...trust me. It's not a very wise thing to make a snap judgment like that without even knowing the person. I doubt if Steve even has any beer in his house to tell you the truth. A donut and cinnamon roll problem? well maybe but not a drinking problem.

#123210 - 10/15/01 11:46 PM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
RT, It's censure. As for me, as you so kingly turned your attention, iFish insider? I don't think so. I'm just a recreational NW fisherman for the last 35 years and a business owner for 20.

I hold the apparently odd belief that you have a responsibility as a "quasi-public figure" to provide an even handed and sensible approach and rise above this petty bickering and back-biting. Instead, you start it.

I believe that lowering yourself to the level of instigator is unbecoming and unprofessional. I (and I'll bet most) don't care whether your post was deleted or not. It is simply unnecessary to air your dirty laundry in public. You've done it before and here you are doing it again. I am not privy to the "behind the scene" or "queen scorned" bs, but then I don't want to be or need to be. ifish and PP are not public sites, they are private sites. You have to be registered to participate and you are subject to whatever level of moderation the owner sees fit, even handed or not. You want no holds barred, then check out Jim Rhomes Smack site and see what this can degenerate into.

No, I'm not "weakly agenda'd" as you and Dan S so call "correctly portrayed" me. I'm just observing the "Peyton Place" you have dished up and once again, mistakenly decided to offer my opinion. I should have known better because it has become obvious that nothing I write will inspire you to behave more respectably.

But then, that's the beauty of this site, I'd probably be deleted at "that other site" for this. This is what it's all about isn't it? "Freedom of Expression"? Flame on.

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Pitch Pocket ]

#123211 - 10/16/01 12:36 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
POS Clerk Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Oregon

#123212 - 10/16/01 12:43 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
ritefish Offline
Fry

Loc: PNW
man, i can't believe stewed is a mouthpiece on this board too!! get a life dude!

#123213 - 10/16/01 12:54 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT1 please post away on this progressive real-life BB....yeah you're a little wordy occasionally...but if anyones noticed so am I. So what? As for IFish hey let them live or die by their own censorous actions. I for one think your posts here are great and believe all the regulars pretty much agree with this. Occasionally you(any of us) post something nonfishing...again so what...get a clue flamers don't click on it and if you do and don't find what you expected then get a life and move on to another subject. If we all notice the whiners for the most part have come out of the cracks to post here? Why all of a sudden...maybe they're "***** of Spey" afficiando's? By the way while we're pissin ..hey Pokester you were called out as I recall by B-Run as I pointed out in a previous thread for some alleged as I read it less than ethical behaviour...no reply? Pick Pocket your motto is really great....thanks for supportin the destruction of over 60% of our salmonid river habitat....by the way I was a loggin boss for 7 years so I saw it first hand and there's no denying the criminality of what was done then and is occurring today under the Forest&Fish Big Lie. How about a new motto like "Sol Duc Wild SteelheadFirst" then the rest of the runs Next! Hey go shake your boots off dude as you piss all over them everytime you post...no need for my assistance!

Whoa! This entire thread really pissed Gooose off! RT please post away! Those that disagree ...it's a free country I hope?
As for this thread...all please just let it die as a dead horse. We've got some serious piggy fish to slay and some really serious fishin issues to address! Peace to all.

Snaggers Are Poachers
Cove RV Park & Tackle Prostaff(1)
Always FishOn!
Gooose laugh

Geesus I haven't spouted off like this in years! eek

#123215 - 10/16/01 01:49 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Real easy to hide behind the computer screen ritefish. Have a little guts and confront me under who you really are. Appreantly you have some sort of problem with me so be an adult and don't hide behind some anonymous screen name.

#123216 - 10/16/01 01:54 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
frown frown

At first it was pathetic and now it is just sad. Go take this somewhere else...

This thread cant get locked fast enough sadly it may be a couple days before it happens.

#123217 - 10/16/01 02:15 AM Re: Freedom of expression here is a plus! Is it bringing down ifish?
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

ritefish-
One of the newer guys to the board and already flipping [Bleeeeep!]. Why? What did stewed do, he's got a right as well as any other to voice for a friend as well as I did earlier in the thread, do I need to get a life too...
Keith

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 392 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |