Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123278 - 10/15/01 04:29 PM A question on the rules
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
I want to fish the Green (King Co.). If I get my limit of 2 adult coho, am I allowed to go down to the Carbon and harvest 2 more adult Coho or am I done for the day. The limit on the Carbon is 4 adult Coho. A reply by a game warden would be greatly appreciated.

#123279 - 10/15/01 06:31 PM Re: A question on the rules
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
I'm far from being a game warden but my understanding is. Once you've retained your limit on a river your done for the day.You cant limit on one then go limit or finish a limit on another.

#123280 - 10/16/01 11:35 AM Re: A question on the rules
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Another scenario. Say I take 1 adult Coho from the Green. Haven't limited yet. Can I go to the Carbon and take 3 more adult Coho since I haven't limited on another river yet?

#123281 - 10/18/01 12:46 AM Re: A question on the rules
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
RichG might know, eh? confused

Bringing it back up for him to see.

#123282 - 10/19/01 04:07 PM Re: A question on the rules
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

C'mon! Someone out there has to know. I e-mailed the enforcement people at the WDFW last week and haven't gotten an answer back.

#123283 - 10/19/01 04:57 PM Re: A question on the rules
Mike Gilchrist Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Federal Way
As long as you have not caught and kept the daily limit for the water you are currently fishing, you are legal. You can catch 2 in a river with a limit of 2 and then find a river with a limit of 4 and keep 2 more. Just don't do it in reverse.

This is not a perfect example, but it comes straight out of the regs and can be carried over to your question. It reads: "The combined daily limit for an angler that fishes in both rivers and lakes on the same day is 5 TROUT. In the combined daily limit only 2 TROUT may be from rivers."

#123284 - 10/19/01 11:01 PM Re: A question on the rules
HntnFsh Offline
Spawner

Loc: Toledo Wa
Mike,on page 16 of the fishing pamphlet the last paragraph under,Harvest Rules, it says, You may not continue to fish for salmon after the adult portion of the daily limit(freshwater)has been retained.
Then on page58,in the food fish section under the salmon heading it again says,anglers may not continue to fish for Salmon after the adult portion of the daily limit has been retained.
I may be wrong but I would believe that once you reach a limit thats your limit.You must quit fishing for salmon.You cant go to a different river and get another limit,or make up the difference.
Trout is a gamefish,and salmon are a foodfish.I believe that is where the difference is in our interpretation.
One thing I'm sure of is that its another vague area of the rules.But I would damn sure want to hear it from the horses mouth before I limited on one river and then went to another river to finish reaching the limit for that river.
No offense intended,just wanted to give my point of view.An answer from the people in Oly would be nice. confused

#123285 - 10/19/01 11:44 PM Re: A question on the rules
Mike Gilchrist Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Federal Way
There was a quote in the Everett Herald from the WDWF guy up in the Everett area when there was tons of humpies around humpie hollow this year(blanking on his name for some reason, he is allways being quoted). They were catching some people taking two of their 4 allowed humpies and then moving into the next area and picking up 2 coho. It was specifically stated that you could not do that because the area had a maximum 2 fish limit, but you could do the reverse, catch your two Coho, then go to the next area to catch your 2 humpies to finish with an allowed 4 fish. This is a commom question in marine waters because of different limits so close to one another. There is no way you could enforce this differently just because its rivers. For another example, at Bouy 10 this year they went to a 3 fish limit in the river, but continued the 2 fish limit in the ocean. The enforcement was that you had to make sure to catch your last fish in the river on the way back, not the other way around.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1004 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |