Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#123353 - 10/16/01 06:06 PM Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got online and the long Freedom of Expression thread was closed (btw, I didn't call for that - I just gave my blessing to Bob because others were calling for it to be locked). The last post was an appology and explaination of his stance by Dan S. I pretty much feel the same way. I went back and re-read the whole thing. It was originally an outlet for pent up anger over the unfairness at the other site, but it unexpectedly started to roll big like a snowball. Like others, I got real caught up in it. And I appologize to Pitch Pocket and Pokey and Ryan (not to boater thought wink ), for getting over reactive to your posts. I just hope the thread may have done some good because so many people are members of both boards.

BTW, yes the 'hydrocodone' pain meds do wire people up, and they made me irritable. So I have stopped taking them today, and will just use regular Tylenol. Geeeez, my ass is hurtin with sharp pains though! The lower section of tailbone broke clean thru at the joint of the lowest section and dislodged it slightly off to the side. I'm told it's gonna be a long while for it to heal up by others who've had this injury. Anyway, again, sorry to be a "pain in the butt". wink - RT

#123354 - 10/16/01 06:39 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Thumper Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Do you still love me??

Please join CCA. After only 18 months total Pacific Northwest membership is over 7,000. We need you!

The walls of death have got to go!

#123355 - 10/16/01 06:49 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Does Stew have anything to do with you're rearend being.....Sore????? rolleyes....Os

#123357 - 10/16/01 06:54 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes I do Jack. I've been around you lots of times and you are a good dude. I forgot I 'cranked' back at you too. Sincerely sorry about that. Peace. smile - Steve

#123358 - 10/16/01 08:22 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Anonymous
Unregistered

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: boater1 ]

#123359 - 10/16/01 08:59 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
pokey Offline
Fry

Loc: Elk Grove, CA, USA
RT,

Takes a man to apologize. I'll meet you halfway and I'm sorry too. Oh..sniff..sniffle...now I'm getting all choked up and verklemp. Group hug. smile

Poke

#123360 - 10/17/01 11:08 AM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
RT, I just got back on after sobering up from MY chemical imbalance last night (I try not to post after taking recreational drugs or narcotics......ok, maybe not some recreational drugs eek ) and saw your apology. I also read pokeys post and I (ahem)"pretty much feel the same way" too. rolleyes I'm sorry for taking shots at you, but the target was so big!

What I'm still trying to figure out is why the thread was locked here. I don't remember a thread ever being locked at PP. A statement of policy from Bob would be nice as it appears he was sending a message.

Is it.....

A: Don't use this board as a soapbox for your personal attacks on other people or boards?

or

B: Don't give RT any heat? wink

Maybe there is a code of conduct here. It would be nice to know what it is.

#123361 - 10/17/01 12:46 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
abul ackmar Offline
Egg

Loc: alaska
Osprey, thats a big 10-4 on stew creating the rear end pain. If it wasnt for that big belt buckle, the tail bone wouldnt have broke. eek eek wink

#123362 - 10/17/01 12:57 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Thumper: do not confuse love and lust.

#123363 - 10/17/01 06:33 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Dave, Thumper is a fox! rolleyes Well, to women anyway.

Thanks Pitch. Appreciate the comeback. As for the reason that Bob or one of his moderators locked that thread is likely because a couple prominent members asked for it to be locked. That's the reason I gave him my OK with it if that's what they wanted to do, without the position of having to choose between the requests and possibly offending me by locking my thread. No prob. It's over - except I wish I hadn't been so reactive (but that's an even longer story wink ). Ramble. Take care. >>>

Hey Abul, you aren't a terrorist are you? And if you really are a sand******, how did you know about belt buckles. laugh

#123364 - 10/18/01 08:44 AM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Fishgal Offline

Loc: Forks, WA
I just wanted to say that it was my choice to close the mentioned thread. I felt that the original point was made and it was getting out of hand. I didn't need permission or anyone's blessing to do so. It wasn't the first thread at PP to be closed and I am sure it won't be the last. All in all, I think we have the easiest to moderate bunch around. Thanks for that!

#123365 - 10/19/01 05:56 AM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Puyallup, WA
Tell your Doc to give you the good stuff. I still have a whole bottle of Percocet from a surgery in June. I started itching after being on them for a day so they gave me some other stuff.
Man I love them babies, haven't taken any since right after my surgery though. Savin 'em for a rainy day. laugh
I told the wife they're better than s@x. She gave me a real funny look on that one. I said it's a totally euphoric feeling for a couple hours. You just sit and veg, ain't had no sex that good laugh laugh laugh

#123366 - 10/19/01 11:05 AM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Percocet is a class 2 narcotic with oxycodone, which is a very strong narcotic derivative. Very addictive, especially if you take them recreationally. The country is full of addicts that started out enjoying the effects that you describe.

#123367 - 10/19/01 12:22 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Quote:
That's the reason I gave him my OK with it if that's what they wanted to do
rolleyes

Just messin with ya RT wink

I didn't think Bob or Spoongal needed any one's permision.

Takes a big man to admit he's not always right......Os

#123368 - 10/19/01 01:59 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

Pitch Pocket,
Calm down now, I ain't gonna turn into no druggie here. I've had these things sittin here for 4 months now.
I was to become "addicted" I have no source to get others.
I know about this addiction to well, my aunt was an office mgr in a Docs office and was addicted to presciption drugs for yrs. She is now retired and I know of no other way to get drugs than having double hernia surgery again. Something I never plan on doing again. Even on percocet it hurt like hell!!!!

#123369 - 10/19/01 02:20 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Phew, I thought we'd have to do an intervention or something. wink

Seriously, I've seen too many friends die using narcotics as I grew up. Hate to see anyone refer to them as "fun". If you don't need them anymore, I'd flush them. Don't want your kids to find them.

#123370 - 10/19/01 05:57 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are right on about these pain meds Pitch! In addition to addictive properties, if you use them too often they lose their effectiveness to control serioius pain; and lose the mild high they tend to give you. The only time I've used them for several days in a row was for my surgery back in spring 2000 and recently with the broken tailbone. That is when you start to get a bit wired and a lot irritable. I haven't renewed since I ran out the other day (from the accident) and won't for awhile. I occassinally use them for fishing if my lower back or left foot (surgical caused arthritis) is in need, but I will not take them more than back to back days. That wards off both the addiction and the deminished effectiveness factor. Be smart and careful with using this stuff.

RT

#123371 - 10/19/01 06:14 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

After the allergic reaction to the percocet they gave me vicodin.
The way I see it in a situation like that the pain is there for a reason, if you mask it with narcotics you don't feel the pain. That pain is there for a reason. I tapered myself off as soon as I could, as long as I could withstand the pain I didn't get loaded.
But if the pain is too much you may as well take the good stuff laugh laugh

#123372 - 10/19/01 06:19 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Actually, if you notice, when you take them for intense pain you don't get high, the pain just goes away. If you do get zonked when you take them for minor pain, you could probably do ok with ibuprofin.

#123373 - 10/19/01 11:56 PM Re: Pitch and Pokey - My Apology
sinker Offline
Returning Adult

The vicodin never knocked me out, just kept me awake.
The percocet would knock me on my butt, but I was in intense pain when they wore off.

I was 800mg ibuprofen as well. You try having double hernia surgery on just ibuprofen. Let me know how ya do too wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 345 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645367 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |