LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124146 - 10/25/01 01:37 AM My wife took my rod!!!
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
Tday my wife told me to go catch a fish to take home to my sister. She said she didnt feel up to fishing today. I grab my 1086 TH custom rod and walk down to the river. I was tossing a spinner and had a couple follows. I look behind me and there is my wife, She walked down to see if I was doing any good. I said no. She tells me to to use one of custom colored Wiggle Warts. I do and was immeditly into a silver. I land the fish and as Im taking care of it my wife takes my rod and starts fishing. She told me I needed to walk back and get her rod. So being the nice guy I am I do it, I was expecting to to get my rod back when I returned. Once I returned She wouldnt give me my rod back. She limited on silvers using my rod. I even knocked a fish off with the net trying to slow her down a little. I managed to get 5. We had a double at one point. A guy gave us a hand and netted both the fish. Thats the first time I have seen 2 fish in the net at the same time.
Should I buy her a rod like mine or sneak in and steal it back from her? Let me know what you guys think. wink

#124147 - 10/25/01 02:01 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You poor fishing soul....now your stuck buying twice the gear. Been doing it for 12 years now rolleyes . If you upgrade your goin to have to upgrade hers...face it. Sorry man.

Gooose laugh

#124148 - 10/25/01 02:41 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
A D Pose Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Pugetropolis, USA
Willierower,
It is a malady that afflicts some of us. Let's look on the positive side. Your wife likes to fish, is successful at it which equates to more fishing time for you. She appreciates quality equipment. Christmas is around the corner... Hmmm... TH's email address and phone number left in a conspicuous location. Hmmm... Hint, hint, wink, wink... say no more. Eric Idle

#124149 - 10/25/01 02:53 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
AllThumz Offline
Fry

Loc: Albany, Oregon
willie, you might as well suck it up and buy one for her, or you'll be paying much more down the road laugh , if you know what I mean! wink

John

#124150 - 10/25/01 11:47 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
TH Offline
Spawner

Loc: Coos Bay, OR
Dear Mrs. Willierower, laugh
541-396-4895 www.thcustomrods.com
thcustomrods@harborside.com

You need to buy her, her own.. my wife likes her rods wrapped in pink or purple so she knows whos they are! smile

Hey have you been down this way lately?

TH
www.thcustomrods.com
www.thcustomrods.com
541-260-9991

#124151 - 10/25/01 11:54 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Oh, to be blessed with such a problem as willierower's. From the walking down to the river to a wife that loves to fish...all I ask is that all six of my numbers come up for me just once!

#124152 - 10/25/01 01:14 PM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
Kunan Offline
Parr

Loc: Spanaway
Here was one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made. Back when my wife and I first met I introduced her to fishing. We went out and bought her a rod a reel...maybe not top of the line but "good enough for a beginner". While I was working on one of her snags she picked up my rod and began casting. Suddenly I began hearing "this feels really good", "it's so light", "it's so sensative" etc. I never got my rod back. Then I got the killer question "Why didn't you buy me a rod like yours?" Uh um errr..... you get the point. Lesson learned once again.... never skimp on the woman, it will get you every time!! eek eek

#124153 - 10/25/01 01:15 PM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
hey Rower,after seeing the condition (covered in egg-goo)of her rod,I think you'd better fork over the bucks and up-grade her too eek
beside sounds like she's the one catching all the fish wink.....Os

#124154 - 10/25/01 02:00 PM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
NW_rvrbank_Babe Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lebanon Or, Kalama Wa
Poor, poor Willie!!!!
It wasnt the fact I didnt want to give your rod back, I didnt have time, with all those silvers I was hooking. hehehehe
Your just making up all these excuses because I have outfished you by a longshot this year!!
Now on to you Osprey, Willie bought me a new reel cuz of all the smag crusted on the other one, hehehe I know what Im doing. I sure wish ya could have been here yesterday. The Kalama was hot. Good Lord I had a blast. I heard the bite is on again today. I hope hey yall makes it Sunday, and we can all kick some more siver butt!!
And by the way, I hook Willie up with his gear, so the least he could do was let me use his rod....LOL

Sandra

#124155 - 10/26/01 10:15 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
TH,
I was down that way a couple weeks back. We boated 17 nookers in 3 days. I put that rod you built me through its paces on that trip. Mydad used it a itle bit and is now thinking of buying one.
O's,
Ive got on to her about the egg goo on her rod. She said it was a protective coating. I bought her a medium heavey lamiglas, she wont use it. It a custom rod with nice pretty teal green wraps. t also came with a new reel, She just insists on using the crusty rod.

#124156 - 10/26/01 11:36 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
It's not "crusty" as you mislabelled it. It's called traction control.

#124157 - 10/27/01 12:29 AM Re: My wife took my rod!!!
NW_rvrbank_Babe Offline
Alevin

Loc: Lebanon Or, Kalama Wa
Thanks Dave!!!! Im glad someone understands, LOL
If Willie spent more time with his line in the water instead of his rod, washing it off, maybe he could keep up with me! I really like that reply, "traction control". I will have to remember that.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Bugle Boy, CarharttGirl, DARIN EVERSAUL, Louis F., Speyguy
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (Excitable Bob, 1 invisible), 802 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |