Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124194 - 10/25/01 07:57 PM maxima perfexion
creekwalker Offline
Parr

Loc: longview,
has anyone out there used this s#%t yet
I had three brite fish snap this cr%p this morning never agean this stuf should not have the maxima name on it. mad mad mad

#124195 - 10/25/01 08:42 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
I have a good friend that just couldn't wait
to try this new line. He never lost a fish
while using it, but that's because he was too
busy picking out loops from about twelve professional over-runs. eek eek

Cigar

#124196 - 10/25/01 09:57 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive used it and think it sucks. I do know a couple guys that like it but in my opinion its a waste of money.

#124197 - 10/25/01 09:59 PM Re: maxima perfexion
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
I hate that stuff. i ahave lost fish on it too. Also when your drift fishing it gets wrapped around the swivel very easily. I really like Gamigatsu ( spelling) it is tough for main line. Ultragreen is what I use for leader material. tight lines.

#124198 - 10/25/01 11:50 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Gamakatsu. Sorry. laugh

#124199 - 10/26/01 01:22 PM Re: maxima perfexion
centerpin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The Terrace
casts great .verry low not steangh,lost three fish last spring ,each time the line broke at the first knot.

#124201 - 10/27/01 04:55 AM Re: maxima perfexion
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
If you are looking for a line specifically for spinning reels-where Perfexion and Gamikatsu come into play, I might look towards the Ande premium green.

A freind of mine fishes this line on all his levelwinds but also on all his spinning reels. Its incredibly soft, easy casting line but surprisingly tough for its diameter and limpness.

#124203 - 10/27/01 03:00 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Fish'n Magician Offline
Parr

Loc: Hillsboro Oregon
Aunty_ a friend of mine turned me onto fireline for Drift fishing and I tried it for bobber/jig and it works awesome. Not a single complaint. I seem to get better hookups and off a spinning reel it lays out nice ( after a few hours of use the first time, It is a little stiff when brand new). I am using it on my plug rods, it has a small diameter therefore less drag. Oh, I run 20# on all applications. Hope this helps you too.....John

#124205 - 10/27/01 03:35 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
I have fireline on my Silver river rod and I love it. Will be putting it on other reels as well.

#124206 - 10/27/01 03:38 PM Re: maxima perfexion
MoFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
There is a good thread about braided fishing line on the Ifish discussion board. In particular Power Pro and Fireline. Includes comments by people who are using it on spinning reels. I use no-stretch on all my level winds anymore. Mono for leaders & bumpers only. I've got Berkely Whiplash on my two primary reels and really like the way it works. Stiffer than Tuff+ but softer than Fireline(which I think has a very low tolerance for abraison). I just got ahold of two Shimano Stradic spinning reels and I put mono on them. 8 & 10# Maxima clear.

#124207 - 10/27/01 03:43 PM Re: maxima perfexion
MoFish Offline
Fry

Loc: Portland, OR, USA
Oh yeah, about the Maxima Perfexion, I heard that it has been "pre-stretched". I have also heard users say that it seems brittle and does break easily. The reports i've heard have kept me from trying it.

#124208 - 10/28/01 10:27 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Fuzzybutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, W.A
like some of you, I just had to try that new maxima perf*****....wish I hadnt, I wouldnt hang model airplanes up with it. why is it I have to try everything thats new and supposed to be the next best thing? I am back with Ande premium, I fish light line,and long rods and this stuff is the best I have found, and believe me I have tried everything there is, I am not looking for weedwhacker strong line, thats not of importance when light line fishing, its the lines' behaviour casting, and spooling, and not getting the phantom loops, and twists some lines seem to always do with spinning reels. Ande is also affordable, and I can spool on fresh line every other trip,and not have to take out a bank loan.
rolleyes

Fuzzy

Silent Approach Jigs

#124209 - 10/29/01 02:17 AM Re: maxima perfexion
td98 Offline
Alevin

Loc: WA
I like maxima perf., have not lost a fish yet, have caugh many steelhead and silver with 8lbs test. Its break at 8 unlike chameleon or ultra green. I believe it is also IGFA. It also a smaller diameter than cham. and ultra. Just have to play the fish out more.

#124210 - 10/29/01 02:33 AM Re: maxima perfexion
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maxima did the same thing about 27 years ago with a line called "super soft" it was too! Real supple BUT you never knew where it was going to break! I lost a big fish on Grays River thanks to that crap and after that i got rid of it. Seems to me that they would do a little more R&D before marketing that kind of stuff.

#124211 - 10/29/01 11:45 AM Re: maxima perfexion
JohnBoy Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Kelso
I have had a differant experience than most of you. I have 12# Perfection on a spinning reel. I used it in Sept. on the Deschutes for Steelhead with spinners. It worked very well.
It was strong, the spinners dropped fast and was able to pull off of stags at a very high %. I do wet my knots which is critical on these types of line. I am satified with this product. I am planning on putting it on my Curado and see how it goes.

#124212 - 10/29/01 07:45 PM Re: maxima perfexion
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
The best thing about it is the model they used in the magazine ads. smile

#124213 - 10/29/01 07:57 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Jigman Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle
i used it last year on nates and didn't have any problem with it. Used 12 pound which has the same diameter as most 10 pound line. Went back to Izorline though as it has never let me down. Gonna try it again this week on the Feather river in Northern Cal. for Steelies and see how it holds up again after sitting for awhile.

#124214 - 10/30/01 07:28 PM Re: maxima perfexion
Anonymous
Unregistered

perfection? Not! Izorline kicks its ass. But I hear ya about the model in their ads! eek

#124215 - 10/31/01 09:15 PM Re: maxima perfexion
NANOOK Offline
Egg

Loc: Fairbanks Alaska
50 pound tuff plus or similar (Fireline and some others) and you can throw all that mono mainline crap away, for both level winds and spinning reels. Obviously smaller for special uses, but 50 all around, you can't beat. Run it constantly in the Columbia and Fall Bobber fishing. Talk about your great cork fishing mainline as well. Mainline buffered with mono-leaders, weight test as appropriate for the situation. Great in the Salt too.

Works fine, lasts a long time. Unlike Stew and RT
in a cat house. LOL! laugh

[ 10-31-2001: Message edited by: Nanook ]

#124216 - 11/01/01 11:18 AM Re: maxima perfexion
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I'm with Fuzzy here,I use Ande for my spinning outfits,I like the visability of the Envy(flo-green) ,it cast great and has good knot strength,for the money you can't go wrong.

I do enjoy perfexions Model (my ex-girl friend) also,took me a while to figure out ,that they was trying to sell me line rolleyes ......Os

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
crappieking, steelheadpimpjuice
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 1216 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |