LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124259 - 10/26/01 12:44 AM Nothings Changed?
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
Still the same old crap on the post huh. Took some time off from the great outdoors....work.......unfortunately....And nothings changed. A guy can't post a success story or ask for information such as "How's the nooch doing" and guys like "Parker" rip you a new one. What a bunch of babies. You guys in your little "clicks" should just e-mail each other and don't bother with this great forum or "Grow Up". frown

#124260 - 10/26/01 01:31 AM Re: Nothings Changed?
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Hey Dan, I quess if you feel the need to express to people how well you did on your favorite river or any river for that matter, go ahead. Your crappin' in your own pants so to speak! I know I had a very fun filled day of fishing today and there is no way I would want extra boats floating that stretch come friday. Heck why dont you guys all trade phone numbers, that way you'll always know where to fish thanks to somebody else you hardley know except by monkiker. I'm totally for sharing info on how to catch more fish but not where to catch more. It just seems like guys do more fishing infront of the computer than on the river. Earn your report by actually fishing!

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#124261 - 10/26/01 02:24 AM Re: Nothings Changed?
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Will it ever end...MY GOD!?!?! rolleyes

How about this??...GROUP THERAPY
It seems that many of us have some issues that we need to work out with other members of the board...lets all get together and talk about it in front of a shrink. Maybe then we can back to getting along with one another.

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

#124262 - 10/26/01 11:26 AM Re: Nothings Changed?
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
"cliques"

#124263 - 10/26/01 12:00 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Hey everyone,

I was thinking of doing some fishing this weekend! Since I haven't been on the water all week, I was just wondering if any of you who just slaughtered the fish today would just tell me (no need to send email) what river you fished, what drift you did, what holes you did really well on, how to fish the holes, and what to fish the holes with (please be specific). Oh, and if you've got the time, please post your egg cures, especially you, Keith, James, and UncleJoe.

I have a confession to make. The only fishing I know and learned is off of this board. So, if you could be very specific and exact, I'd appreciate it. wink

Parker

[ 10-26-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#124264 - 10/26/01 01:17 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Koombaya my lord, Koombaya! wink

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#124265 - 10/26/01 01:55 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
Crayfin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Beaverton
Parker,

I would go to the Wilson from Mills Bridge down to sollie Smith--lots of fin in the river but many are dark!

Ooooooooooh.............here it comes mad

#124266 - 10/26/01 02:05 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Parker,
At least your last sentence was true.. laugh

#124267 - 10/26/01 03:26 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
CATCH AND EAT Offline
Smolt

Loc: portland
I see there is a lot of crying on this board too. rolleyes Life goes on boys. Shut up and fish.

#124268 - 10/26/01 06:08 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
myco-mike Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Milwaukie
I wish there was a "greamlin" for a hand shake.

"cohersion is beter than diversion, just dam-it"

#124269 - 10/26/01 06:37 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Ah, how quickly they forget.... Not passing judgement on you Parker, just found a little irony here. Or does going out-of-area make it OK confused . Afterall, this is a crowded area you are asking about as well...

"I just found out that KidSauk and I will be floating the Upper Kenai with my cousin during our trip to AK. He's got some sort of raft that he uses. It's not a nice drift boat, but at least it's free and something to do!
I need help from anyone on selecting the correct gear for this float. I was told we'd go after some big rainbows and some Reds.

Now, please don't get angry at me and excuse my ignorance, but when an AK native says we'll "go after the reds" on the Upper Kenai, does that mean we'll be lining Reds or actually trying to get a Red to take a fly and/or gear?

For anyone that has floated the Upper Kenai (I think we'll end up floating past the Russian) what rod/reel and tackle should I bring?

For some reason, "fly-only" is ringing a bell. Is this float a fly fishing float? If so, what weight fly rod and line should I bring? What type of line will work best? Finally, a lot of help on what types/sizes of flies to bring would be appreciated. I do't tie flies, so I'm at a store's mercy on this one!

Space is limited, so I can't bring up the entire kitchen sink. I was planning on bringing up a baitcaster for Red Flipping on the Kenai and a fly rod for the Upper Kenai. Can I get by with one rod? Maybe something like an 8 or 9 weight rod? Could use it to flip for Reds as well as catch some rainbows on the Upper Kenai?

Any help or information would be appreciated.

--------------------

Parker
"Got Hooks?"
Vision Hooks & Tackle Pro Staff
CEO, Sauk River Steelhead Ranch "

#124270 - 10/26/01 09:24 PM Re: Nothings Changed?
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I have a solution,
Maybe everybody needs to get together and
pass a peace pipe wink
Then fish.. laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
FISH'N BRASS, jomat, Rollo, Venga, Warlock49766
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1034 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645447 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |