Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#124434 - 10/28/01 09:55 PM Re: Steelhead Stats
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I dont keep track of dates, time or number of fish caught but here it is. I think im a prety accomplished steelheader. I caught my first when I was 9 and now im 25 It took me almost two years for the first one but now it dosent take quite that long between fish. Some times I get 10 some times none. A ten fish day is prety rare only happened a couple of times accept summerruns, 0 happens more often. But anyways back to the point. I probally avarage about 2 fish a day thats in about 6 hours of fishing. When in the boat the avarage goes up to about 2.5 for 8 hours. But like I said sometimes you hit ten and somtimes none. I think Ive had more bad days than good, but lots of good ones to.

When I fish the bank I fish harder when im in the boat I fish faster. Over all im a very fast fisherman. If I took more time beat the hell out of the water I might catch more fish but then agian I wouldnt cover as much water. Its not uncoman for me to cover 3 or 4 miles of river in 6 to 8 hours from the bank.

#124435 - 10/28/01 10:01 PM Re: Steelhead Stats
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Kromebrite-
You talking about the tiger muskies or steelhead. wink
Keith

#124436 - 10/28/01 10:48 PM Re: Steelhead Stats
RipDatLip Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Battle Ground, WA
UFK, I'm being totally serious. I haven't caught a fish by myself before. It seems that I would have atleast accidentally caught one by now. Weird. Oh well...back to fishing.

Matt

#124437 - 10/29/01 12:34 AM Re: Steelhead Stats
thefishnfool Offline
Spawner

Loc: Mt. Vernon
Keith, Keith, Keith,
Don't you know that because his numbers aren't that good that's there's no way yours are??? Duh!!! eek laugh. Even if he doesn't believe you I do. Heck........for about a 3 or 4 week period in September, I was close a steely per hour on Snake system rivers. And I gaurentee you that if I can come close to that you could for sure. The state even puts out fish per hour numbers, and last fall in October and November the Snake itself was averaging putting out a fish for every 2 hours of anling effort. And that includes all the neophytes and experts alike. But there's no way you could do that after all.......... wink

Tim

#124438 - 10/29/01 01:00 AM Re: Steelhead Stats
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Tim,
Yes the snake system, that's a place you can really throw the #'s for a loop. I'd imagine with the rain that it's hopping over there now. :p
Keith

#124439 - 10/29/01 01:04 AM Re: Steelhead Stats
thefishnfool Offline
Spawner

Been doin ok.... Not what it should be for the numbers of fish over that dams from what I've seen and heard. Water temps and levels have been real up and down. Once that water cools a degree or two more and stablizes.........watch out

Tim

....I guess its not too bad. 7 hookups today in 8 or 9 hours fishin on the Ronde cool

#124440 - 10/29/01 01:08 AM Re: Steelhead Stats
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Got a good friend over in that area guiding, doing fairly well... rolleyes Was going to go over and visit and fish in late Nov. but most likely will hunt my whole late Nov. vacation around here.
Keep up the good fishing.
Keith

#124441 - 10/29/01 01:14 AM Re: Steelhead Stats
thefishnfool Offline
Spawner

Thankx Keith-
If you are ever over here or want to come over, give me a yell. I don't post much but I read all the time.
Tim

#124442 - 10/29/01 06:21 PM Re: Steelhead Stats
Anonymous
Unregistered

I catch a feesh. Mahbe a one or a two or someatimes a 10 or a 12. It depends on ifa I'm a feeshin or not. confused

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 708 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |