THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126152 - 11/12/01 02:13 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
RT,
I'll try again on the picture I had guessed on earlier. I'd say the nooch'! What did I win? I'll have to dig through some pics and see what I can come up with.

There are sure some pretty pics on this thread. But better get to bed soon as parker is coming down to do a little Lewis River salmon fishing. We should have some pics of -well hopefully some bright fish!?
Keith :p

#126153 - 11/12/01 02:14 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
RKB Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland WA.
RT
Its a stock photo from the company that I work for.All that I can say is its A lot nicer in person you will have to come over this next year and do A little fishing.Maybe we could get you a day pass to the site.

#126154 - 11/12/01 02:25 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
RKB Offline
Alevin

Loc: Richland WA.
RT
You wanted a closer shot of some fishy water hope this is not to close.RKB

This is a photo of the rearing ponds where I work. Our fisheries group studies the efects of the dams and other enviromental impacts on the fish.

[ 11-11-2001: Message edited by: RKB ]

#126155 - 11/12/01 02:32 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Anonymous
Unregistered

I already have glow-in-the-dark plugs RK. Thanks, but I don't want my skin to glow in the dark
too. eek That's for the plant. Fishing out in the river would be OK. smile
btw, DON'T post where that school of fish are! Just e-mail me where they are. laugh
Just kidding. We really appreciate the work you guys are doing! Thanks.

Keith, you won another guess. wink You got just slighty colder with the 'Nooch guess.
Let me know how you guys did on the NF tomorrow.

And if the F III doesn't come off next Sat. the 17th (our team can't make it then either), what
do you think about F III (or IV) on the NF Lewis for winter steelhead in mid-Dec. or so?

Steve

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

#126156 - 11/12/01 12:24 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
ramstrong Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Glenside, PA USA
RT's first Oregon pic is the Clacker being overlooked by the rd from OC to Carver.

Chicks dig the floppy ears.

ramstrong@hotmail.com

#126157 - 11/12/01 02:50 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
birdhunter Offline
Alevin

Loc: Clackamas or Corvallis or Ashl...
RT, any guesses where this is?

For the rest of you...shield your eyes. I'm very very sorry.

Beaver Believer

#126158 - 11/12/01 03:07 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
RKB,

That one scenic picture is of the white bluffs below vernita. The last "free flowing" stretch of the columbia. The hole at the end of the island (downstream)is called "punch bowl" due to its swirly nature...I'll stop there.

Mike K

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: KORE ]

#126159 - 11/12/01 05:42 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
beek Offline
Parr

Loc: Langley
Two of BC's finest....

Both Rivers are in the Southern BC

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: beek ]

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: beek ]

#126160 - 11/12/01 06:57 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Beek ... the first one loks like the Thompson about 15 miles south of Cache Creek. Not sure if the trib is the Adams (haven't fished either, but I think I've past driven past the confluence a bunch of times) ... but whatever river the trib is, it always seems to be puking badly in the spring!

Hey Birdhunter, is that the Grand Canyon or Hell's Canyon?? I can't decide which wink

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#126161 - 11/12/01 06:59 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Here are my guesses:

RT:

1) McKenzie river
2) Queets river
3) Kitimat river

AuntyM - Hood canal near Bangor

Beek:

1) Thompson river
2) lower Vedder river

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: 4Salt ]

#126162 - 11/12/01 09:01 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ramstrong gets the Clackamas overlook pic - except it's above Carver heading up to McKiver.
It does look similar to the McKenzie though 4salt. And you got the Kitimat right.
But the Wassie pic isn't the Queets, it's from Hwy. 12 between Aberdeen and I-5 somewhere.
You 'Sop and 'Nooch regulars should get that one (everyone knows about that river - definitely
not a zipper).

As for that "Hell's Canyon" shot (lol Bob), gee I have no idea. Thanks fishbait. And Ben.
Now beware the long range zoom lens down at Corvallis my friend laugh .
Actually there is an explaination. This was at the ifish headquarters party in early Sept.,
and the line at the bathroom was just too long
to wait any longer. eek wink

btw Bob, I think you got the Thompson/Adams pic correct. Nice pics BK! The only other thing I can
think of is it could be late in the summer with the Frazer low and the Thompson running clear as
it enters the Frazier - but it just doesn't look big enough; so I think you get BK's GL3
for the right answer? wink

Steve

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

#126163 - 11/12/01 09:33 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
beek Offline
Parr

Loc: Langley
You guys are sharp....

The first pic is the mouth of the Thompson as it dumps into the Fraser, taken from the ridge in Lyton this year.The Fraser always runs dirty due to the high levels of silt.

The second pic is the Squamish river, taken last week.

#126164 - 11/12/01 09:56 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Firedog Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: SW Washington
Hey RT that first pic looks like it is awful close to being taken close to viewpoint restaurant. I know it is in that general area. Been up there once or twice wink

#126165 - 11/12/01 10:21 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Guess I was pretty close ... the view looked very much like what I imagined from the other side of the Thompson where the road to AK runs. Pic makes ya appreciate how bug the Frasier is by making the Thimpson look small smile

I'm gonna go dig out a few pix tonight!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#126166 - 11/12/01 11:11 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Got it RT, the second pic is the chehalis!! Now what did I win??
Keith laugh

#126167 - 11/13/01 12:59 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Okay here's six of them for you ... a few easy, a few a little more obscure. The first person who gets them all right w/o any more help than the hints I'll give ... we'll send you a dozen of Fishgal's Super Spinners!!

Pic one, HINT: crabs, crabs, and more crabs!

Pic two, HINT: springers!

Pic three, HINT: big body of water is easy, but give me specifics ... where did I fish and what's behind me??

Pic four, HINT: short river, hold on tight!

Pic five, HINT: an easy one before the toughy!

Pic six, HINT: not a fishing trip, but rather some protein in hunting camp. Lindsey Wagner (Bionic Woman eek eek ) has a ranch on the river.

Good luck!!

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#126168 - 11/13/01 01:49 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
I know where a couple of them are but I dont want to give them away because I dont have a clue on a couple of the others.

All that I gotta ask though is "Bob???...A Reiter Rat???" eek laugh I guess there is hope for you know who. wink

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: RPetzold ]

#126169 - 11/13/01 02:05 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tough contest Bob. Makes it fun. Anyone getting all 6 has earned the spinners!
I'd say anyone from Oregon getting all 6 should get a free guided trip on the Kasilof?
( wink worth a try, eh?)

1 - Turnagain Arm of upper Cook Inlet, AK
2 - Sol Duc R.(springers and rocky rapids)
3 - Lower Skagit R. with the town of Mt. Vernon in the background (nice pants)
4 - Upper Calawah R.
5 - Reiter on the Sky
6 - If you don't know where Lindsey Wagner has a ranch, good luck. Sooo, I guess the ...
Twisp R./Cr. south of Winthrop, WA

shocked EDIT: Smarter to have waited rolleyes . If it turns out to be, how could I miss T-Bay and what could
be the Willamette (upriver from Kelly Pt.?) ?! shocked

The hunting and fishing combo made me think of another interesting pic thread Bob
(if it doesn't overload your server space - let us know). I will put up a thread for personal
pics of wildlife taken while out fishing or hunting. Should be some great animals
and scenery.

Keith, yes it's the upper Chehallis R. off Hwy. 12 as you're heading west toward the Satsop.
You win a bottle of Ultimate Egg Cure. smile

I'm suprised no one answered about the famous Montana river pic the movie was about.
It's Montana's great Blackfoot River, just a short distance northeast of my native Missoula.
It's known for Missoula's Norman McKlean book and movie, "A River Runs Thru It".

RT

Edit: Firedog, you're right - that's where I took that Clackamas R. overview pic.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

#126170 - 11/13/01 10:17 AM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Well, I'll try it out a few times...

1.Tillamook Bay, only because the boat in the background is the same as the boat in the third pic with oregon tabs.
2.Kalama river canyon
3.Willamette, somewhere
4.Lyre (it's the short one)
5.Reiter
6.Yakima river confused

Well, did I get any right??
Keith

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

#126171 - 11/13/01 01:57 PM Re: Post your good river scenery pics and panaramas - and we'll guess where it is
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Bob,

My attempt at guessing your photo's:

1 - Tillamook bay
2 - Sol Duc river (Hatchery to Maxfield?)
3 - Columbia river (fished mouth of the Lewis, St. Helens OR in background?)
4 - Calawah river (Hell's half mile)
5 - Reiter (down near the tailout)
6 - Blackfoot river (Montana)

[ 11-17-2001: Message edited by: 4Salt ]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (stonefish, eddie, 20 Gage, 1 invisible), 1069 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645295 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |