LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#126934 - 11/17/01 12:31 AM Check this out on ebay Vintage Reels!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow what a haul! Wonder if this guy will get his price.

web page

[ 11-16-2001: Message edited by: STEWY ]

#126935 - 11/17/01 01:55 AM Re: Check this out on ebay Vintage Reels!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not enough left hand reels Shane; and used. But I was at GI Joes today and they had about 3 dozen Ambassadeur Ultra Cast #UC4601C casting reels, mostly lefthand, for sale at $54.95. Good for both steelhead and chinooks. Here's the good part. I said I couldn't afford any right now and the saleman said ... shhhh ... we are putting the remainder on stock for half price at $27.95 for the after Thanksgiving day sale Friday the 23rd. I think at all GI Joes stores. These are good reels outright, but at that price, be there early (if you're not fishing)! I told him I'm out of town thru the holidays and would miss out so he gave them to me 25% off, so I bought 3 of them - they would be gone by the time I got back.

RT

#126936 - 11/17/01 02:21 AM Re: Check this out on ebay Vintage Reels!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why would Ambassadeur/Garcia sell these so cheap? It's like the 6601AB they recently sold at Bi-Mart and other stores for half price. I bought one and it was crapola! The Anti-backlash mechanism was a pain in the a$$ and it had no clicker.So I took it back and got the 6501 C3 instead.
Shimano really dropped the ball when they discontinued the old Bantam line. These were good...not great reels. Smooth casting and a good drag setup also easy to work on but too much plastic for the money. For my money if I'm going to buy a vintage reel it's going to be an ABU Ambassadeur. You like a LH retrieve? The 5001C with high speed gear and ball bearing is hard to beat. Yeah they are a little heavier and are backlash machines BUT they are all metal and you can still get parts for them and besides with a little practice backlashs should be no problem.
I'll take a Curado for a steelhead reel now.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Born2Boat, Dirk Mc Girk, Frankster, Oz-fish, starfisher
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 365 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |