Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127025 - 11/17/01 11:18 PM Buzzerbaby, still there
steelheadaddict01 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kaizer OR, formerly MT and WA
Hey there buz, are you still around and kickin' I am in Montana and wishn I was back there.

steelhead addict

still addicted!

#127026 - 11/18/01 09:26 AM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steel', I don't know how long you've been in Libby, but if you get the steelheading urge you can use smallish steelie gear on the big 'bows in that great river. After the summer fly and real worm fishing, in the colder flows of fall and even winter, I would float fish steelie jigs and pink worms, and also driftifsh small red egg clusters. You will get a lot of 2 pounders but there are some huge bow's in there (Gerrard strain rainbows out of B.C.'s Kootenay Lake).

RT

#127027 - 11/18/01 12:44 PM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
steelheadaddict01 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kaizer OR, formerly MT and WA
RTi
Thanks for your reply. I have really had trouble adjusting to Montana fishing. I absolutely love fishing for steelhead and salmon (just moved from Clark Co. WA six months ago). This summer I did some fly fishing and spinner fishing on the Kootnai. I have heard that there are some big rainbows in the system. I work up near the dam and have spotted some unbelievable bull trout up there ( 24"+) I have heard that you can fish salmon meat and worms up there for big fish.
I will try drift fishing up here and see what happens. Thanks for the tip.

Did you live near Libby?

-steely addict

#127028 - 11/18/01 03:45 PM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
Anonymous
Unregistered

Steel', I didn't. I am a Missoula, Montana native that moved to Oregon at 6 years old. But with lots of relatives and family friends back there I have fished a lot all over N.W. Montana. One of my favorites is to driftboat the Kootenai River. I like both the 'tailwater' fishery below Libby Dam and sections near Troy to the mouth of the Yaak R. There is a big falls rapids that are unrunnable in that area; Thompson Falls if I remember the name right - been awhile since I've been there. The Yaak is a good little trib to flyfish. Nice scenic area too.

And take a week end to go over and see Glacier National Park and Flathead Lake. Good fishing in the lake and it's trib rivers. The NR Flathead should still be getting the kokanee run right now(landlocked sockeye salmon) that goes up McDonald Creek into the Park each Oct./Nov. It's gets tons of bald eagles feeding on them, easily watched in the Apgar Village area. GNP is really just the southern extension of the Canadian Rockies down into northern Montana, and it's flatout awesome scenery - with some very good fishing nearby. Big fish in the big lake too. Good luck.

RT

#127029 - 11/18/01 10:54 PM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
Tx-Ranger Offline
Egg

Loc: Sammamish
If ya fish the Yaak, make sure to stop in at The Dirty Shame Saloon.

#127030 - 11/19/01 02:17 AM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
Anonymous
Unregistered

And the Polebridge Saloon on the NF Flathead River. Grizzly bears drink at both those places! ... Not the saloons, the rivers. laugh

#127031 - 11/19/01 08:15 PM Re: Buzzerbaby, still there
buzzerbaby Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Longview, WA
Yep Wally still here, the wifes been crackin' the whip so I've only been getting out twice a week. I'm at work today and luckily its been slow, gotta go getting a call.

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1114 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |