Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127275 - 11/19/01 11:02 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I'd step forward and offer to do it, but a few things get in the way.

#1. Nobody would want the gear I have, unless you want a box or two of Kent Fasteel 3" #1 1 3/8oz. But if ya gotta ask, you don't have a use for them.

#2. I try to stay away from all 4 syllable* words, and most 3 syllable words (*had to use spellcheck on that one, thanks wifey). We don't use a lot of them big city words here in McCleary.

#3. I am the first to admit I am human, and I wouldn't last three hours, more like only 3 minutes. But hey, the wife doesn't complain. wink

Andy

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#127276 - 11/19/01 11:28 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
Rt: what's all this weassling...your post states..

"I bet I can make it thru 51 hours without a spelling mistake. Anyone correctly posting a spelling mistake of mine, I will send half a dozen quality spinners (including a couple custom painted Blue Fox Vibrax's).

It has to be a normal word mis-spelled. Not an abbreviation, name, or slang - such as whazzup or OP or stinkin (I leave the g off of words often)."

This bet wasn't conditional,and makes no mention of previous rules.

Seems like a man of your stature, being a famous author would honor his bet to the members of the pp board. In fact, the way I read it, anyone else catching you in the remaining time will also win the "bet" you made unless you go back and change your bet.

You did not say this was a contest limited to only one winner....(you squirmming like a stuck worm on a first cast jig yet????)
laugh

You made an unconditional bet and it seems like I was the first who met your conditions on this post based upon the time stamps (sorry Andy, don't mean to be technical, but on any occassion smile (sp) when I can get RT I need to take the opportunity and since I gave him some vibraxs last year, it might be a way to get them back with cutom paint jobs.) So how's it going to be partner...you welching or not... :p :p

Not only should you check your spelling, but you should also check the content of your posts... laugh

So let's hear it other pp posters, should RT pay up or be allowed to skip out... :p

Giz... smile

#127277 - 11/20/01 12:00 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Giz, here's how it is. It's a matter of nomenclature. You see, I said posting a "mistake" of mine. Here's the low down - those weren't mistakes! I misspelled them on purpose! laugh Just for the funny irony. Get it? hahaha You know how silly and goofy I get. I did those on purpose, therefore they were not mistakes by me. You can't prove I typed some improperly spelled words by mistake. Therefore I am ... ah, let's see ... weaseling out of the 'mistake' of not realizing some would not see the obvious precedent set by the previous paragraph; and not realizing I never make any mistakes. laugh rolleyes And that it should be obvious to anyone that I spelled those words wrong on purpose, just to tease you.

I cite the legal precendent of Hampton vs Bonehead, U.S. District Court of Appeals, circa 1837 - To wit: Judge Hebe Hollerin declares that "A mistake is subjective to the degree of the intent of the mistakee. If there is intent to induce such said mistake, then by legal interpretation the intent removes the action of mistakism from the actual act. Furthermore, it is this court's opinion that if the actual act is in itself construed to be a mistake, then that is just too dam bad for the construer."

I rest my case. - RT

#127278 - 11/20/01 12:48 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

rt, are you dippin in the pain pill bottle ?

#127279 - 11/20/01 01:18 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

RT: just remember that no matter how thin or thick you cut it, BS is still BS....and boy are you diggin deep to find the source of your BS... laugh laugh

Just come clean and admit you screwed up and maybe, just maybe I'll let you slide... :p

Giz.... smile

#127280 - 11/20/01 01:23 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

RT you should simply be very presidential. wink

1. Ask your accusers to define mispelling.

2. Claim you had no mispelling with that post but were only exploring other options which weren't mispellings.

3. Deny any mispelling with that post.

Gooose laugh

p.s. the smart thing would have been to let one of your kids do the spelling....just remember toshield them from certain references and visuals! eek

#127281 - 11/20/01 02:17 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gooose, I tried the 'misspelled words really weren't mistakes' speil; and you can see that they fell on the deaf ears of the merciless Gizmo. So I have no other choice than to admit to another mistake - yes Giz, I forgot to say that 'Spelling Bee Part II' was also a prize for just the first guy to post a mispelled word of mine (in this case Dogfish). So I throw myself on the mercy ... HEY, wait a minute ... you have no idea whether I am telling it like it is when I say I 'admit to another mistake'. I might just be kidding you, and it wasn't a mistake at all. Or I'm under your duress. That negates contracts. Or, maybe I just knew I was protected by the 1837 Circuit Court precendent. So, how do ya like them apples Giz? laugh Naah, jk - I wouldn't want to make another mistake. ...

... But I will tell you what would be a real mistake! Find another misspelled word of mine and claim 6 spinners. Because I did not define what type of spinners I was talking about - except for a couple old Vibraxes in need of wax. Beware what you could get in your mail. Muh ha ha ha ha. cool ... Nah, jk again - maybe. Like I said, I'll bring ya some blades and we can tumble em by some NF chrome in December ... Geeezmo mon.

No Boater. Not this time. I just plain get goofy like this sometimes.

#127282 - 11/20/01 11:23 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
RT, don't you have a spell checker? Speil is spelled Spiel. I'll e-mail my home address.

#127283 - 11/20/01 01:50 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
"I" before "E" except after "C". At least I think that's how it goes? smile

#127284 - 11/20/01 01:58 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Open mouth insert foot.......Pay-up laugh

#127285 - 11/20/01 02:00 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
...except as in "neighbor" and "weigh".

It's no wonder that American students have to study English during their entire educational career. Damned thing is as convoluted as languages come.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#127286 - 11/20/01 03:30 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
I am going to take a minute of all of your time here and go serious on you.......Thanks for this post. I have been feeling really down today...stuff at home...and this post was the first thing all day that got me go smile.....I really needed it. Someday I would like to just meet all of you in person because you all seem like great people. By the way, I am willing to take the spelling challenge, but don't have any really neat gear. I do have a couple of free movie tickets though. Any takers? Besides, it would mean that I would have to post to this site more often.

#127287 - 11/20/01 03:44 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Nah, I'll bet you know how to use a spell checker before you post. You wouldn't be such an easy target. Post more anyway though.

#127288 - 11/20/01 03:59 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
Yes, serious, but I did see my mistake and did a Homer Simpson. I figure that this way I might get involved a little more. Glad to see that you are sooooooooo (literary license here) perceptive though. Any takers? I will use a 3 day window starting from 1:00pm today. laugh

#127289 - 11/20/01 04:59 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Gregor Offline
Smolt

Loc: America
did you receive my address...you haven't responded...hope your not welching laugh

#127290 - 11/20/01 08:31 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

RT: you almost got it out...the concession that is until you started that mumble jumble crap again.... smile . I know it pains you to be upstaged and I even have to show you how to catch fish... smile

Now come on...just type the words and end it with a period... smile

And for TJ I am glad you are enjoying this and lucky for you that you are starting your contest at 1pm as you misspelled "to" in you post...you used "go". Now I know you will probably say you meant go but I know better. Just goes to show that even using a spell checker the word could be misspelled. eek smile

see your quote below.

"and this post was the first thing all day that got me go smile.....I really" smile smile

Good luck. I know I am not going to post without misspelling so I won't even go there.

Giz... smile

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: Gizmo Man ]

#127291 - 11/20/01 09:37 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Great Fun...

RT, way to step up for some abuse.... I bet if you made the prize a Loomis 1084 w/ calcutta you would not make any spelling mistakes.

All I can say is I feel sorry for anyone that can only think of one way to spell a word.

I would step up and make some kind of offer in the spirit of fun, but I am such a bad speller that sometimes I can't get close enough for the spell checker to recognize the word.

#127292 - 11/20/01 10:12 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Thomas, it made my day just hearing you got a smile joining in and having a little fun here. While the fishing info on here is a very important part of this landscape, I actually enjoy the humor and camraderie that has evolved more than the info.

I'll be out of town by tomorrow afternoon, so please start posting replies or new threads right away so I have a shot at the 2 tickets. wink Next week when everyone is back I'll try another one with jigs as the prize. But I will only go for 48 hours max! I don't use a spell checker when I do this game (obviously), and it can get to ya having to proofread each post - and then still miss a word. rolleyes

And Giz, you misspelled 'your' in your latest post there while informing a member they misspelled a word; hehe - in this sentence [1pm as you misspelled "to" in you post...you used "go"]. You left the 'r' off. laugh Now, to appease you, yes I screwed up by forgetting to re-mention that the first guy catching a misspelled word wins the spinners; not everyone on the BB. But that is the first mistake I've ever made. :p wink

Andy (Dogfish), I mailed you the package of 6 spinners this afternoon. They threw me up against the post office wall and had dogs sniffing the package. I guess I shouldn't have kidded around by telling them had I already mailed all of my anthrax supply over to suprise a few Taliban members. laugh Nah, jk (jk = just kidding). They did say that packages are taking longer to get thru due to security checks and may not be there until around Saturday. Hook some nice fish on them. Take care.

Now, gotta go find some Thomas Jacobs posts. smile

RT

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: RT i ]

#127293 - 11/20/01 10:21 PM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
fp Offline
Old Duffer

Loc: Hoquiam,WA.USA
evolved more than thte info.

RT. It is the. I think!!!fp

oooooppps, it was there a second ago. ya caught it, huh?

[ 11-20-2001: Message edited by: fp ]

#127294 - 11/21/01 01:49 AM Re: Spelling Bee Contest - Part II
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Darn RT, you gave up too easily. Now I have to wait another 5 or 6 months to pick on you.

Right now I am watching you land a fish on the Wilson via the Hot Tamale show. You appear to have even caught it yourself. No hand off from Mark, Stew or Scott wink . But cameras lie. We only can see you fighting it, not hooking it.

Anyway, for those of you who think I am picking on RT you are right. Since he stopped eating donuts and lost 50 lbs I haven't been able to pick on him. OH this isn't April 1st is it.

The bantering is mutual and for everyones enjoyment, the way RT and I like it. Right Bud.... smile

You have a safe and enjoyable Tbird day and when you get back lets do the Lewis.

Giz... :p

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 978 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |