Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127797 - 11/23/01 11:00 PM When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well its that time of year agian when the brats are starting to show in good numbers and with the brats come the meat head jerk fisherman to the terminal zones where the brats stack up.

Never fails, every year I end up getting pushed out of the terminal zones by a bunch of low holein crowdin jerk offs. There could be 1/4 mile of a drift but if you hook a fish and they see they are right there one on each side of ya not more than a foot away.

You know the people that come out from the PS arnt the problem fisherman. I have rarely had a problem with any of these guys. The ones that cause the most problems are the guys that come out from Port Angeles Im not saying that all you PA guys are bad but 95% of the guys that are the biggest low holin know it all crowdin jerks tat are the ones ive had problems with are the ones from PA.

I see them countless times doing this crap. Maybe its not thier fault. Maybe they are yousto the Lyre and Elwa too much I dont know. But the guys from the sound are rarely jerks. Dont get me wrong there are some cool guys from PA but seems like there are lotts of rude ones too.

I dont act like I own the place and would gladly share a spot with a guy but some of these guys just push it too far.

I go through this crap every year, I gues its just one of the hazards of fishing near the hatchery.

#127798 - 11/23/01 11:49 PM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Sorry Rich but you won't get much sympathy from me, I live in the Everett area and fish the Sky/Sno rivers as well as the sw Wa. rivers and put up with that crap just about every time out.
If I had access to the rivers you do I would spend more time fishing and less time complaining. Just my .02 worth

#127799 - 11/24/01 12:45 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

My experience is that it's usually a small core of locals that gives me the most grief wherever I fish. They are totally aware of what they're doing. This is followed by a huge bunch of urban types who have no connection to the experience other than it sound like a cool NW thing to do. They typically are totally ignorant of their ill manners. My dad called them "sea gulls."

Gooose rolleyes

#127800 - 11/24/01 02:36 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
Goose... You can come fish with us anytime.. drift boat or jet boat. Let us know....

#127801 - 11/24/01 02:44 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

All the way to Idaho? Thanks guys....but only if I can swing a whitetail hunt. Welll shhesh maybe not even that...is it really that good?

Gooose laugh

#127802 - 11/24/01 03:09 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

I don't know Goose... When I was at my dads ranch the other day I would have sworn I was in Washington state... I got my 5x5.... We left those no front licence plate weiners parked at the gate.... All from washington state... plus two from california..

#127803 - 11/24/01 03:26 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too much to resist...gonna figure out my liitle vacation time left.....can probably swing a 4 day week end any time in December. I keep readin and hearing bout you guys ...simple question is it sweet? Gotta go... darn Elk are on the front porch again after my apples. Damm lab left for the neighbors again.

Gooose laugh

#127804 - 11/24/01 05:10 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont expect solitude this time of year but id like too see people give each other a little respect. If somebody is in the zone before you than go some where else. I dont mind this stuff on places like the Bogie and Clawah because Its just gonna happen but in some places it just is uncalled for.

#127805 - 11/24/01 07:52 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
wow I fish your way alot and generally don't have a problem.I fish the solduck primarilly,down low,moriarity and the end of the 3000.The river was good to my wife last sunday.matter a fact another fisherman came down tothe whole,saw me and my wife and left.I was standing on a whole bunch of fresh,frisky fish,and tried to wave him on but couldn't get his attention.My two biggest kings have come my way with the help of fishermen in drift boats giving me a hand.I do stay away from people though.I have had problems with people around here.Something about salmon jumping stacking up that brings out the worst in people.

#127806 - 11/24/01 09:59 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
bobbersdown Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Bellevue Washington
I think that I have had only one opportunity to share in your sorrows Rich. On the Green. Wasn't a fun time. I have not had the opportunity to fish where you do but hope to get out to the peninsula some time this year, or next....keeping it on the list. I have yet to catch a steelhead in my life so am dreaming of the day. I just hope it is not ruined by some inconsiderate fishermen.

#127807 - 11/24/01 01:19 PM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Your'e right Rich every year,it happends.
Manners just seam to get lost by a lot of people.

I'm still jealous,sure wish I could get up you're way more wink ......Os

#127808 - 11/26/01 01:28 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

While experiencing much needed solitude today on a zipperlip stream had some obviously urban dude wander up and start asking questions and making observations. rolleyes Talked bout how well he was killing silvers on the Dungy, how disappointed he was in the dark silvers on the Quil, how he'd never fish the Elwha again because it was difficult and by the way whats running in this river? Observed how I wasn't using bait and how his info was that steelies preferred shallow water. All my answers were a bunch of "unhuhs." Total Type II urban cowboy type! eek Hope this isn't the future of our fisheries? rolleyes

Gooose laugh

#127809 - 11/26/01 01:36 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Goose,
Yup I see those types every now and then. Those guys who put on the show that they know what they are talking about. They tell you the life history of each species and their habbits. Then they try to give you a few tips (both of which are pulled out of their arse. Then they start asking questions.

#127810 - 11/26/01 01:45 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich G
laugh
Gooose laugh

#127811 - 11/26/01 03:42 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Guys,,, thats funny... Give tips then ask questions... W

#127812 - 11/26/01 03:44 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Guys,,, thats funny... Give tips then ask questions... We call that " SPOKANE" itis!!!!!!!

#127813 - 11/26/01 09:05 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
All the more motivation to do those 5 mile hikes on the rivers.What about all these a$$ h--- that can't pick up after themselves.Running into more and more no tresspassing signs and you can't blame them.

#127814 - 11/26/01 09:47 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
if you dont like fishing with all these guys, you should try fishing the snahappish gorge. you will be the only one there

#127815 - 11/26/01 11:32 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Hey B-Run
I live over by spokane and they dont even ask questions. They just give tips pulled from where the sun dont shine rolleyes wink

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#127816 - 11/26/01 11:57 AM Re: When the brats show the meat head fisherman do too
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
In order to avoid locals busting my chops I use this rule.

When fishing Elwha........I'm from PA
Satsop or nooch................... Monte
Bogey or Duc...................... Bear Creek
Etc. Etc.

I've got what you might call a floating zip code!

FJ...out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1058 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |