THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#127965 - 11/25/01 10:06 PM W-runs are finally here in force!
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
laugh I went fishing/scouting today on several streams and rivers in my area. I found a few 2-toners and a bunch of summer fish. I also talked with a few friends I saw on the river, they too had seen or done some damage to the brat gene pool. Throughout the coarse of the day I saw and heard of over 30 winters hitting the bank. I personally saw about a dozen! On one small river I fish the average was about 1 winter fish per rod, for the guys that actually know how to fish. This seems to be one of the best early showing of brats in the past couple of years. I hope it continues to be one of the best years in recent history........it sure looks that way.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#127966 - 11/25/01 11:55 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
bank walker Offline
Spawner

I agree BK. Good to see some winter hatcheries in already. A couple i caught even had a slight tinge of rose on their gill plates. They probably came in after that flood we had a couple weeks ago. Ive also seen some dark summers caught. Not to mention chum and even an odd silver.

Its not even December either =)
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#127967 - 11/26/01 12:04 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
Hmmmm, have to look up all BKs posts to see where he fishes at.

wink

#127968 - 11/26/01 12:06 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
8 FOOT LEADER Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle, WA, USA
After a quick search, that would by the Sky.

laugh

#127969 - 11/26/01 12:34 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Close but no cigar. I'm sure there are brats in there too! The fish are raised at the same place though.

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#127970 - 11/26/01 12:50 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think this is gonna be a good year. Since Nov 5th ive landed 32 winter brats. I dont think Ive ever caught that many this early. Those numbers arnt as good as they sound Ive just been in the right place's at the right time. Any place is gonna be as good as any other that gets brat plants anyways.

#127971 - 11/26/01 01:58 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Mavrick Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
Have to agree w/BK, signs show a strong early run of hatchery Head' have caught winters as early as late Oct. 1st week in Nov. in the past, but never have I ever caught multiple Heads' CHROME HOs' and Nickel bright Nooks' in 1 outing and in 1 river system smile in late Nov.
You guys on that live on the Coast have it good-
PERIOD

Almost forgot my signature just in case some of you see me on the Road this winter.

IMFSHNG2 1988 4dr Chrys. K-car
3Boats(when I give myself a raise)

[ 11-25-2001: Message edited by: Mavrick ]

#127972 - 11/26/01 02:32 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Fuzzybutt Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar, W.A
I also agree with BK, this is shaping up to look like a good run of fish, first winter run came in Oct. and they are still coming in,where I have been fishing. I had a good day today as well, something in the air, water looked fishy, perfect conditions,you gotta love four feet of vis. and green. and alot of cooperative fish, had a great day today with multiple hook-ups, some of these brats that are in the river are in the double digits. perfect jig candidates.

Fuzzy

Silent Approach Jigs Got Chromers?

#127973 - 11/26/01 03:00 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Right on, BK laugh

I wanted to get out there and pound on 'em today but I am sicker than sh!t! I quit smoking last week and now I get sick? Good timing as always rolleyes . I will recover and get out there ASAP before BK gets em all wink

You weren't on the same stream that my buds and I got steelies at last weekend were you, BK? wink laugh

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Kid Sauk ]

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#127974 - 11/26/01 04:58 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
I wouldn't be surprised if we were on the same river, BK. I was good for two ten pound steelies on Thanksgiving morning, plus a couple of chums and silvers.

Mmmmmmm......tasty!

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#127975 - 11/26/01 05:10 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Hey Todd,

You're welcome smile

#127976 - 11/26/01 05:14 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Ya, good winter season for sure. I've only been out fishing about two times in the past 3 weeks and hooked 3 winters, lost two, but got one of them. And this is not on one of those Class A+ streams you guys fish on the coast/up north. This all took place on a stream down here in SW WA! Can you believe that?

Geez, Kid Sauk, weren't just sick a few weeks ago too? Quit that smoking once and for all and you wont have that problem anymore! wink And for God's sake, if you're sick, don't stay up till midnight. Get some rest. :p

Hey Mavrick, trying to decipher your signature. Sounds like you fish with a GL2 rod ( or could IMFSHNG2 be your license plate # wink ), drive a 1988 Plymouth Reliant (good car from what I've heard-was gonna get one, but went with something else), and would like to own 3 boats, but don't quite have the moola. Did I come close at all?

Man, Rich, you've already landed 32 hatchery winters since November 5? Combine that number with dark summer steelhead, late coho/chinook that you maybe caught, I'd bet you've caught 50 salmon/steelies in 3 weeks! Either you're a damn good fisherman (which I'm sure you are), those waters up north are chuck full of fish, or you must be fishin' all day, every day to catch so many fish. laugh Good Job!

[ 11-26-2001: Message edited by: Krome Brite ]

#127977 - 11/27/01 12:49 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Mavrick Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Puyallup
Hey Krome,
Just think its kinda funny that one would leave a signature like that smile I actually use IMX 1082S & 1082C all winter long, an drive a 01' 1/2 ton, and just recently sold my boat to help fund a great investment, my business.

Semper Fi,
Mav.

#127978 - 11/27/01 04:58 AM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Just a note to the rest of the guys on this board, and an apology in advance to you guys and gals for what I have to say regarding the Mav.

Okay Mavrick, I'll bite, maybe one day we shall meet in person and you can confront me one to one. You guys on this board that have been here since day one know what I am talking about...just check out some of the outrageous stuff that the Mav boasts about on some of his previous posts. Many of you know me in person and know that I don't have to boast about my abilities or doubt most of the rest of the gang, we know we can fish and don't need to be patting ourselves on the back all the time.
And as far as my signature, it is the same one that I use on my second favorite board Ford-diesel.com , it is a way for the rest of the guys to recognize each others and their interests. It is something that we all agreed to post on our signatures. It says alot about a persons interests not just how much money they have or earn, I have saved all my life to acquire what I have, sure I wish that I could have all new stuff, but with 5 kids, I will settle for what I have. So put it to rest! I think that it would have been very helpful to know what kind of boats and vehicles that each other have, during our impromptu Flotilla on the Satsop, I did not even know I was fishing just downstream from Parker and his "Team Vision" or that Dan S. was standing right next to me. It also would be a benifit in the break-in situations going on up north, don't you think? Bob,(The Big One) do you think this would be such a bad thing? And no I'm not going to change my signature.
As Superfly would say....Peace out!

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: FishNg1 ]

[ 11-27-2001: Message edited by: FishNg1 ]

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#127979 - 11/27/01 06:18 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Yeah, 4Salt, I forgot to thank you.

Thanks!

I hadn't fished that area for many years, but glad I did last week. If it wasn't for a couple of very pleasant and funny others that showed up and decided to fish within five feet of me (after I had hooked two steelies and several silvers) I would have had a crack at a couple more, too.

Kinda hard to complain too much since I did catch two!

Fish on...

Todd.

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#127980 - 11/27/01 06:56 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Well, I haven't been on this board since day one, but I really haven't seen any of Mavrick's posts. He probably posts a lot in the threads about rivers that are up north by Puyallup? I don't read those threads usually since I don't fish up there. I'm sorry if I pissed you off, FishNg1. I was just wondering what the guy's signature was all about. I still don't know what the [Bleeeeep!] he's talking about. Maybe he's trying to mock you about your Ford Board signature? If he owns a new truck that what the [Bleeeeep!] is he talking about a frickin' Chrystler for? Sorry, if this is a dumba** question, I am a dumba** myself sometimes. How's that for bashing. It's time to take my self-esteem down a notch or two again. Now, none of you get pissed about that comment, I didn't mean it like I said it. I'm having another dumba** moment. If this Mavrick is as full of [Bleeeeep!] as you say he is, he must have to stretch the truth to prove himself? I don't flat out lie about anything, but hell, I stretch the truth sometimes. I'm sure we all do. Like if I hooked a couple fish one day, I might tell somebody I had a great day fishin'. To some that would be a poor day. Not exactly a great day to me. But certainly a very good one, since very seldom do I hook fish more than once about every 5 or more outings. So your in the Marines, Mavrick? WTG, I totally respect that if that's the case. Or is that just your motto too ("Always Faithful"), to somebody? I'm done.

#127981 - 11/27/01 07:21 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
4Salt Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Lynnwood, WA
Todd,

This year is the worst I've seen yet as far as people go. Nothing lasts forever I guess. The word is spreading it seems, so that encounter you had will probably become commonplace. I was there Fri and Sun and couldn't believe it. Reiter revisited. I did get a nice winter on Fri, and lost a dandy on Sun. Also got a couple of summers.

Plus, now that BK and company know about it, we're doomed! laugh laugh

#127982 - 11/27/01 11:12 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Krome, I am not pissed off at you, I knew that you did not know what he was getting at. He has been mocking my signature since 1999, he just doesn't get it. If you were to go back and read some of his remarks, you would know what I mean. Like the IMFISHNG2 comment, my last name is spelled "Ng" so that is where my moniker comes from, "FishNg1", makes sense doesn't it, and my brother Ben is BenFishNg. Anyway sorry to bring such pettiness to this flaming event. Lets just go back to discussing fishing and practicing such. Hey Mav.....care to call a truce? I am sure that you could teach me a thing or two and maybe I could do the same for you!
Later, smile

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#127983 - 11/27/01 11:32 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
backlash2 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Pasco, WA
Steve,
Well, here I go. Please don't get offended by what I'm about to say, but this is the truth. Your signature appears to be an issue of compensation. Maverick is just the only one to speak up about it.
Don't take this the wrong way, because I don't even know you, and by your posts you seem to be an ok guy. I totally respect your right to post whatever you want, but have you ever noticed that you are the only person out of over 2700 registered here to that does it? This is not a sign of originality....
You say that you and your buddies over at ford-diesel.com agreed to do this so that you could recognize each other.....uh, isn't that WHAT YOUR NAME IS FOR???
Sorry, I had to vent, it just doesn't make sense as anything other than a vacuum pump.......

Trust me on this one, most guys just aren't willing to say what is on there mind...

#127984 - 11/27/01 11:52 PM Re: W-runs are finally here in force!
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Hope my signature doesn't rattle anyone, it's all for fun right.. confused
Keith laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
4 registered (steely slammer, wolverine, 2 invisible), 941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645366 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |