Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#129986 - 12/11/01 12:10 AM Vision hooks are awsome
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Superfly, Parker, Bk and Kid,
I just wanted to say that I have been using the hooks for 3 months and I really like them. They keep a very sharp tip. I got a steelie the other day and the hook went right through the bone on the side of the mouth. Any dull hook would of been rejected. Great hooks. laugh

thanks Eggs, I wasn't totally sure. laugh

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: plug puller ]

#129987 - 12/11/01 12:18 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
EggsGuy Offline
Parr

Dont forget to thank BK,,he is one of the rep's also.

#129988 - 12/11/01 12:49 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Anonymous
Unregistered

Plug Puller same for me...nice hooks. I'll be out west on that litle river this saturday if you want to hookup. Don't work for these guys but I've got one of their Allstar rods you gotta try if you want.

gooose laugh

#129989 - 12/11/01 02:17 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
Yeah, my fishing partner and I have been doing some testing this season, and we both agree that the Vision hooks are damn good and a great deal for the money.

We've tried Mustad, Eagle Claw, VMC, Hayabusa, Gamakatsu, maybe a couple of others, and I'd say the only ones that might be sharper are the Gamakatsu's, but they're too much money, and too hard to sharpen when they dull on rocks, etc. The Hayabusa's seem to be very close to the Visions in performance, but I'd need to try more Hayabusas to be sure, but they're harder to find here than the Visions.

I'm super happy with the Visions, I've definitely straighted some 1/0 ones on 15lb line, but only on snags, not on fish... and I feel I hook more fish when I'm using the Vision hooks, and that's what's important, right? Fishing with confidence?

-N.

#129990 - 12/11/01 11:48 AM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
Something that StorminN pointed out to me, so I'll explain what's going on.

The reason for the logo-only web site?

We're working on the *real* front-end and web site now. Since we all hate those "under construction" sites, we felt it would be better to just wait to unvail the site when it was completely finished. We're working on the site now. Until that time, just click on the big Vision logo to gain access to the e-site.

Here are some contact emails you can use:

For product questions, comments, and questions in general, send email to:

products@visionhooksandtackle.com

For questions concerning an order that you have placed, email:

orders@visionhooksandtackle.com

Need some help with your Vision Hooks & Tackle, found a bug in the web site, please email:

support@visionhooksandtackle.com

Just a quick teaser for you. We will soon have 1/4 white backer rod for sale on the e-site really soon! Also, Vision is working on a PenTac "clone" spoon.

Thanks for your support in Vision Hooks & Tackle.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#129991 - 12/11/01 03:14 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
plug puller Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: At FL410
Gooose,
Saturday is the only day I can't fish frown . I might be at the donkey spot on thursday afternoon to evening. I am probably floating on Friday and Sunday if the rivers are ok. I am open all next week if you want to hook up. I will know my plans better on thursday for what I am doing this weekend, everything depends on how much rain we get. frown laugh
Chris

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: plug puller ]

#129992 - 12/11/01 03:36 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
StorminN, you're happy with a hook that straightens on a snag with a 15lb. line, I think I'll stick with a Gammie that will break that same 15lb. line before it will straighten, a Gammie may bend but I have "never" straightened one.

#129993 - 12/11/01 05:25 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

What size and color Vision hook? Just the 1/0's? That would be the same size a Gammy #1.

What brand of 15lb test line were you using?

I'll test out a Gammy 1 and a Vision 1/0. Although, IMO, 15 is way too heavy of a line for that hook, I'll still do the tests and see what happens.

Just looking at the hook size to line poundage, yeah, it doesn't surprise me at all your busting/bending/straightening hooks, regardless of who makes them.

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#129994 - 12/11/01 05:43 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Jersey Fresh Offline
Parr

Loc: Seattle, Washington
I too like the Vision hooks BUT each time I have purchased a 50 pack I have had several defective hooks in the pack that have to go straight to the garbage. I thought I was unlucky but it keeps happening?

JF

#129995 - 12/11/01 05:52 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Jersey,

One of the downsides to a small company is the lack of time, resources, and man power to physically check each hook before they are shipped out to stores.

Sure, it would be nice to have a fleet of minimum wage workers sorting hooks for Vision, but that isn't going to be happening any time soon. At least not to my knowledge.

If you find defective hooks, send them back to Vision. It only takes an envelope and a stamp. Vision will gladly replace all your defective hooks.

Yeah, it sucks. They know it and apologize for being a small company with no Umpa Loompas doing their sorting. wink Vision will replace all defective products brought to their attention, though.

Send the hooks/swivels, along with a return address to:

Vision Hooks & Tackle
PO BOX 39
East Olympia, WA 98513

products@visionhooksandtackle.com

#129996 - 12/11/01 07:43 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

AkKings, you say "a Gammie may bend but I have 'never' straightened one" Maybe we're splitting hairs here, but when I say the Visions straighten, I really mean they bend and open a bit and come off the snag... and I'm perfectly happy with a 1/0 hook that bends on 15lb line. In fact, I've done the same thing on Gammies, but they seem to be a tempered A LOT harder than all other hooks. This makes them brittle, I've broken a few of them, and they are hard to sharpen once they dull. It's a value thing for me, $4.67 for 25 darn good Vision hooks (.186 each) is better than $2.69 for 8 hooks... (.336 each) I don't think the Gammies are worth almost TWICE the price. (Yeah, you can buy them in bigger packages and save, I know...)

Parker,
First of all, I wasn't complaining. I realize 15lb line is big line for 1/0 hooks. I was using 1/0 black octopus hooks, on 15lb Maxima UG.

I'm happy with the hooks, I want to buy 1000 of them.

-N.

#129997 - 12/13/01 12:11 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
Plug Puller and StorminN, you guys are awesome! Thanks for the comments and I'm glad you like the hooks smile I fish Vision hooks and swivels exclusively and I have never had a problem with them. I've said it before and I'll say it again.......Vision hooks are sized differently than Gamakatsu so your Vision 1/0 is just a hair bigger than a Gammy #1. Go a size up on the Visions if you are used to using Gammies.

Save money and buy Vision hooks, you will be pleased!

Thanks again for your support! laugh Peace

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

#129998 - 12/13/01 12:41 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
gillraker Offline
Fry

Loc: SW Washington
There are some for sale in the classifieds laugh

gill

#129999 - 12/13/01 03:30 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Heres my take on Vision. First I will tell you that I switched to Visions this Fall after Salmon and all my worm rigs and cheater rigs are tied on Visions now! I have tested them on the Bogy the other week and the results were outstanding! We missed 2 fish out of a few! Thats to be expected when multiple hookups are happenin.
There almost or as sharp as Gammies and under half the cost! Thats the biggie for me as Gammies were getting very expensive in the quantities I go thru.
As far as quality goes there darn consistant but I havent used the big ones yet and Ive heard they are less consistant but Vision was working on that in the beginning.
Appearance: Black and red hooks look good but not as consistantly finished as Gammies. But Ill easily overlook that factor. Thats also one of the reasons Gammies are SOOOO expensive. The one thing Im wondering is if the finish will flake off if sprayed with WD-40 in my hook box as they did when I bought a pack back when they started. I had a very disposable income then so cost was never an issue so I never really gave them a second look.
I will spray them this week and let you all know what the outcome is and if they do flake is there something in the process that can be altered to cure this? I carry alot of hooks with me so when they get damp I spray every once in a while so they dont rust. oes anyone else?
All in all a exellent hook and I have ordered a bunch more.

Keep up the good work guys...

Bob D

#130000 - 12/13/01 03:33 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
hey Bob, where did you pick them up at. I'm from port orchard to and was wondering. what color of hook do you run with the pink worms. thanks Ben

#130001 - 12/13/01 03:47 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Rock!
I order from Vision. I ask the guys at Sportco every week when Im in there and they still dont have 100 packs! But Im working them hard!

Bob D

#130002 - 12/13/01 03:54 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Hey Rock diddent answer your question, I run red but it really dosent matter as red turns black first under water! It just looks good to the fisherman!

Bob D

#130003 - 12/13/01 04:34 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

If you can not find the Vision products you are looking for at your local tackle store, you can always get hooks and swivels on line at:

www.visionhooksandtackle.com

[ 12-13-2001: Message edited by: parker ]

#130004 - 12/13/01 08:28 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
A note on sharpness:

N.S. Black is the sharpest of all the colors as they are handled the less (requiring the least amount of finishing). Since I learned of this, all that I fish is black.

#130005 - 12/13/01 09:10 PM Re: Vision hooks are awsome
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Sparky, I'd have to agree, I think the black ones are just a wee bit sharper, or maybe it's just me being a kook...

-N.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |