Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130250 - 12/12/01 06:38 PM Taking a Rookie to the Green
Never Enough Nookie Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Bremerton
I'm trying to take a friend to the Green tomarrow, It will be his virgin Steelheading trip, only trouble is I have fished several other rivers but not this one. I thought I would start him off with a jig and float and work up to the corkies and drift fishing. Any body have good info on where to hit this river and if it has been any good to anybody lately? I've heard of the park up top and the Hwy 18 bridge, any other suggestions. Not trying to get at anybodies Zipperlip area if there is any on the green, just some general pointers. Thanks

NEN wink

#130251 - 12/12/01 06:54 PM Re: Taking a Rookie to the Green
Fish-Bite Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rainier, WA 98576
Never Enough,

Personaly, I like to fish the area from Main Steet in Auburn, up to the highway 18 bridge. I grew up right down there, and have pretty good success over the years. There are a lot of snags in some areas, but they are pretty apparent. Also, it seems that there isnt as much pressure as there is abouve highway 18, due to -no boats, and its a little less popular area. You can cover alot of water in there, because there is a little road that follows the river all the way to the railroad tracks.

In case you are not familiar with the area, follow main street (east) almost all the way to the end, you will be within a block of the end, turn right on "T" street, and then the first left takes you stright to the river access. There is a small parking area there. Once you get down to the river, you will see the road I am talking about, just follow it to the right, as there are houses down river from that spot.

Good luck, have fun.

I hear there are quite a few fish running around in the green, both steelhead and salmon.

#130252 - 12/12/01 06:56 PM Re: Taking a Rookie to the Green
Fish-Bite Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rainier, WA 98576
Never Enough,

Personaly, I like to fish the area from Main Steet in Auburn, up to the highway 18 bridge. I grew up right down there, and have pretty good success over the years. There are a lot of snags in some areas, but they are pretty apparent. Also, it seems that there isnt as much pressure as there is abouve highway 18, due to -no boats, and its a little less popular area. You can cover alot of water in there, because there is a little road that follows the river all the way to the railroad tracks.

In case you are not familiar with the area, follow main street (east) almost all the way to the end, you will be within a block of the end, turn right on "T" street, and then the first left takes you stright to the river access. There is a small parking area there. Once you get down to the river, you will see the road I am talking about, just follow it to the right, as there are houses down river from that spot.

Good luck, have fun.

I hear there are quite a few fish running around in the green, both steelhead and salmon.

#130253 - 12/12/01 08:05 PM Re: Taking a Rookie to the Green
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
The Green is where I got my steelheading start, a late uncle of mine took me to the foot bridge across from the Auburn golf course and taught me the basics of driftfishing, on our 3rd trip there I lost my virginity an have been hooked (no pun intended) ever since. I took my best friend there shortly after and on his first trip he hooked and landed a 14lbs. factory hen, we have both caught hundreds since then but that is still one of our favorite spots. I usually have the spot to myself or maybe no more then a couple other fisherman. Good luck.

#130254 - 12/13/01 04:32 AM Re: Taking a Rookie to the Green
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Last I heard was up high on the Green was good.

#130255 - 12/13/01 06:25 AM Re: Taking a Rookie to the Green
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
ive been fishing the green from 259th up to the golf course, its been real slow since the chums moved up to flaming geyser...ive seen only one steelhead caught in the last week

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1083 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |