Three Rivers Marine

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#130355 - 12/17/01 09:47 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stainless Offline
Eyed Egg

Loc: Dirt, Oregon
Hey RT - Thanks for setting me straight on the pink worm. What is this about some guy named Fooled? Are Spooled and Fooled the same? I am confused because everyone is thanking some guy named Spooled and you are ripping some guy named Fooled?

Please help me to understand? I am new to this and I just want to understand the rules of the game. It sounds like you guys have a lot of fun until you don't catch any fish.

Thanks for your help -

#130356 - 12/17/01 10:26 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
OK: the Wa guys will coordinate this one. Jack, Keith and I will set the event for sometime in late March or early April based on tides.

And just so there are no concerns, f4 will be an open event for sportman and women and not be an event sponsored by any bb or group. Your participation will be voluntary. We will fish and meet for lunch to share stories of the day.

Giz...

#130357 - 12/18/01 04:07 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Stainless (Bernie or Troy? wink ), naah - that was just some joshing around that got taken too seriously by some. No prob. Thanks.

So glad to have 3 good fishermen with excellant local knowledge to run the F4 event (your suggested springer fishing and a picnic on the Columbia). Thanks for taking up the cause Walt (Gizmo), Jack (Thumper), and Keith (stlhdr1). You guys likely already have your teams in mind but in case not, and I promise not to troll a pink worm around behind a Deep Six diver, please consider me for an F4 team member. I would like to fish with some local river knowledge aboard (I had to miss the only one in Oregon, and I'd hate to get blanked again - but no trash talkin is coming out of this feathered mouth for F4 wink ).

Steve

#130358 - 12/18/01 05:05 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
RT,
I of most understand the issue... I've fished with you before and know that your knowledge is amongst the tops.. You remind me of my father, one who is out to have fun anymore and #'s don't matter.. It's sort of like a game of pool, when you think your one of the best your father comes out, gets serious, kicks your rear and puts you back in your place. laugh Who cares if you caught fish, it can go either way all the time.

As for the flotilla I won't commit to anyone in particular in the boat until the event is established.. Likely it will be james, myself and a group of buddies that like to get out, have a beer and fish... laugh

We're planning an outing to discuss the date and functions, and in the meantime a bloodbath on some hatchery winter clones.. And, no there won't be any pink rubber worms... wink
Keith laugh

[ 12-18-2001: Message edited by: stlhdr1 ]

#130359 - 12/18/01 01:05 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Bugleman Offline
Parr

Loc: Beaverton, OR
I have to vouch for RT and the pink worm. Last week on a Oregon coastal river Steve puts out a diver and rotary pink worm and to my amusement after about 15 min. the thing just got hammered my a mint bright winter.

Are we taking suggestions for F IV names.

Off hand I like - Flotilla IV:Springers Revenge

#130360 - 12/18/01 06:34 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
steelheadaddict01 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kaizer OR, formerly MT and WA
Maybe they are still out there!........ :-)

#130361 - 12/18/01 06:47 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
steelheadaddict01 Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kaizer OR, formerly MT and WA
dang, do I feel stupid. Didnt know there was a second page. Disregard my last response

#130362 - 12/18/01 08:19 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Keith. You're not only a gracious sharer of fishing tech info, you have a lot of fishing wisdom in general from so many years of fishing for a guy your age; actually for a guy of any age. It's unfortunate that the marketing and dye materials didn't come in time to get your egg cure out to the public during the egg take salmon season. We are all eager for the Ultimate Egg Cure next year.

If it's OK with you guys I will copy the posts about F IV from here and start a new F4 planning thread with them (because along with all the F3 posts this one is getting long - and we can discuss the next one specifically in a new thread). Thanks.

RT

#130363 - 12/21/01 01:02 AM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stainless Offline
Eyed Egg

RT thank you for setting me straight on how things work - It sounds like you guys have some great times and love to kid each other.
I am confused as to why you called me Bernie or Troy? How would you like it if I called you Rump Teaser? laugh Where I come from some guy named Bernie would not make long...and Troy? I think that you have me mixed up with some valley folks.
I am interested in this Salmon beach party. It sounds as if people are really interested. What about some friendly competition for a good cause. What if every fisherperson had a small entrance fee with the money being donated to some project or orgainization in the name of the event. NSIA (I am not sure if I put the letters in the right order) is a good group to fund. How do you guys think that you had an extended season on the Columbia. It was not because of the great effort of the fisherman. Fisherman are so lame as a group.
Fisherman use the ressources and then ***** about how things are turning out. But how many people would give up there time to stand up for sportfishing. My answer would not be many. I attended the recent hearings in Vancouver and Portland regarding the upcoming seasons. I did not see the sportsmen turn out to speak up. RT were you there?
As I am new to this BB,I am a true outsider. I know that my posts will mostly go unnoticed. I just thought that in addition to having a good time and gathering together a greater good could come out of the event.
RT - Why are you trying to get a ride in another boat? I thought you had a boat?
Good Luck and I hope you guys bang some whoppers -

#130364 - 12/22/01 02:04 PM Re: Flotilla 3 Lineup
stainless Offline
Eyed Egg

Hey that is funny that you call me stain...It is even better that you have some kind of idea that you know who I am....I see that you have condemned me...I do not work at Safeway (I did get a laugh), but I do provide the beef that you people eat. I do not belong to some other board as you have stated please get your facts correct. I see now that I have made a grave error in choosing to make one of my first posts to you. I was just trying to join in on the fun. But instead I see that we are back to the school yard with a big bully in charge....Hey have it your way - you win....
I was not sure about the other board comment so I asked my buddy who had directed me here. He advised me that I could meet some great poeple and learn a lot at the same time. He told me that this other board is a great place to get the same stuff. Since I have reviewed the archives and see that you seem to have a lot to say,why don't you post over there too? I am sure that all of those people could benefit from your ideas....
I hate to start off on the wrong foot -

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Schmidtm, schmidty, Spinhead
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 371 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645410 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |