Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#131462 - 12/22/01 08:58 AM National Champs
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Loc: florence mt
I know that there are alot of Husky, Duck, Beaver and Coug fans out there but for all of you misplaced Montanans did you notice that there was a national championship decided on the field yesterday. Thats right, Griz 13 Furhman 6. A 16 team tournement and all finnished before Christmas. Just say no to BCS. And let me tell ya those 3 home playoff games were a ball.

#131463 - 12/22/01 03:58 PM Re: National Champs
steely Offline
Parr

It would be hard not to have heard this, wouldn't it? Something like this doesn't happen very often for the Griz fan.

#131464 - 12/22/01 04:44 PM Re: National Champs
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Congrats on your NC, mike. An impressive feat in any division. Wounldn't we all love to have a D-1A playoff. Remove the doubt, expose the national media for the idiots they are, and let the NC be determined on the field.

Makes too much sense for it to ever astually happen...........

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#131465 - 12/22/01 08:13 PM Re: National Champs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yay Griz. They were the first college team practice I ever watched; when I was 4 or 5 and my older brother Gary would walk us over to the U. of Montana practice field. They were giants to me then. Monsters. They have always had good teams. Congrats for the National Champion Grizzlies! (Just play fair against the PSU Viks when we visit wink ).

And I agree with Dan. I just can't understand the reasoning for not having the top NCAA division avoiding a playoff system (debated for years with non-sense by the NCAA). It sure seems it would be a win, win, win, win situation for the fans, rightful NC winner, media revenue, and school revenue! This planet never ceases to amaze me. Been sore necked forever by the idiots. smile

RT

#131466 - 12/23/01 12:51 AM Re: National Champs
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Jeez RT we might have been neighbors, when I was a kid we used to walk over to watch the semi-pro baseball team play at old dornblazer field, or was it called campbell field for baseball. I think that the team was called the Lumberjacks. Now that is going back a few years......early 60's?? Of course I was very young then. Ahem Verrrry young

#131467 - 12/23/01 01:06 AM Re: National Champs
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
THe ol Grizz team must one heck of a coach! To be able to keep those bitterroot boys off the hooch, and out of thier sheep pastures long enough to win thier national championship well thats sayin somthing. laugh laugh laugh

#131468 - 12/23/01 06:58 AM Re: National Champs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey C22, how would you know they have been spending time in sheep fields? Kinda tells us where you've been hangin out. laugh

Mt. Mike, just a smidge before you I spent my first 6 years living at 540 E. Central St., just a couple blocks from Mount Sentinel. My brother and older cousins used to let me tag along when they climbed it a few times. Didn't climb up to the "M" above the U until I was older. I also got to tag along on our little treks to nearby Bonner Park too. I do remember watching baseball games at the baseball field toward the south end of Higgins Ave., but that was more often after we moved to Portland and I stayed many summers at my grandparents house at 220 Strand Ave. I often would ride my bike from their house on the south side over the Higgins bridge to 'cruise' around town with local friends. Those things might ring a bell for ya. smile Some of the best times of my life!

Steve

#131469 - 12/23/01 09:40 AM Re: National Champs
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Chrome.....as if you didn't remember that chasing sheep keeps you in great cardiovascular shape rolleyes

RT all of those things ring a bell. It was a great place to be a kid. We use to get all of our nite crawlers after dark on the U of M golf course. Until the cops got after us. Damn trespassers.

#131470 - 12/23/01 11:24 AM Re: National Champs
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
All sheep jokes aside, congrat's to the griz. My brother in law and family is coming over from Lolo tomorrow, and I made sure he's bringing me a "griz. National Champs" Tee-shirt! Now if we can just keep some huskie's out of jail.........chrome eek

#131471 - 12/23/01 11:49 AM Re: National Champs
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I looked all over tv land and I could not find that game any where. Heck that team was close to home. It's nice to see a championship go some where else besides the East coast. Jim S. cool

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Brad_tgl, Coho, NewNWSalmon3
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Excitable Bob), 841 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |