LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132057 - 12/28/01 11:02 PM First Nate of the Season!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Loc: Tuleville
It is nice to see early nates in our area. If the WDFW forecasts are correct, we might not see too many of these in the months to come! frown

An action shot for f/p! wink Cigar on the rod with Kid Sauk handling the fish!

Kid Sauk with a nice nate!

Even managed to take two home for the bbq!

How did you end up doing Brad????

#132058 - 12/28/01 11:27 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Nice feeshes parker, bet you can't wait until monday morning down here... eek Bring the cam, we'll try for some good action shots! Also, BK said he may be interested in coming down too.. If you guys can coordinate it, then we'll see you both at 8:30.
Keith laugh

#132059 - 12/29/01 12:07 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Saw a nice nate on the upper Snoqulime 12/21/01. Chrome 10 lb. buck with just a blush of red on the gillplate,it was released after a quick but spirited battle (3 jumps clear of the water). Same guy nailed a chrome 14 1/2 lb. hac. hen out of the same hole. I look for a strong run of nates this winter, if not on the inside rivers at least on the coast......chrome out

#132060 - 12/29/01 12:46 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
Phish Offline
Parr

Loc: WA
Nice fish and pics.

If you dont mind me asking, what river? I am just curious to which areas they are creeping into.

#132061 - 12/29/01 12:57 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
BILGERAT Offline
Parr

Loc: TROUTDALE OREGON
Were these pics taken with a digital cam ?
What model ? Reolution ? forced flash ?

#132062 - 12/29/01 01:11 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are trickling in out here too. My dad farted around yesterday in some CnR water and got a chrome 38" buck. He called me when he got home so I was inspired to fish a sister river in the CnR area and got a chrome buck of 35". Rivers are looking good but not a whole lot of action. My dads fish was his only bite in 8 hours and mine was my only bite in 6. Lotts of old silvers both dead and alive in the upper rivers. My dad found two dead ones yesterday that he said where well over 25#.

#132063 - 12/29/01 09:34 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
$$B-MONEY$$ Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Eastside,Wa
Hey Kid, are ya sure thats not a summer fish, JK!!!!!!!!!Cant wait till we get a big push of nates! laugh laugh laugh

Vision Pro Staff
www.visionhooksandtackle.com

#132064 - 12/29/01 12:21 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

I use a Canon PowerShot G1 digital camera. It's a 3.1 MegaPixel camera with maximum resolution of 2048x1538. It's been replaced by the Canon PowerShot G2, although you can still find both in the stores.

That was the Snoqualamie River. Not a sole or another boat to be found on this fish-packed little zipperlip! Yeah, right! wink

#132065 - 12/29/01 06:03 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
willierower Offline
Spawner

Loc: Albany OR
BK,
So when you headng down here to play with the wild things? Im not talking about steelhead laugh
I cant wait until march, We re going to put some serious hurt on the fish.
Question,
Did kidsauak actually catch that fish? Or did you just let him hold for the pic?

#132066 - 12/29/01 07:57 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
The Moderator Offline
The Chosen One

Catch is a relative word! wink If you mean was he the lazy-a$$ sitting up front that just so happened to be quick enough to grab the center rod before Cigar did? Than yes, he "caught" that fish. eek

Personally, I think the guy back on the sticks should get all the credit! wink

#132067 - 12/29/01 08:23 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Parker, I agree that the guy on the sticks is the one 'fishing' when plugs are being pulled. But the Kid can pull some fine sticks - I've watched him. But, I just can't believe he and fp kept those dark fish in your fuzzy picture. laugh Hey, nice chromers! And pic quality!

As for the early nates, it seems to be happening in many rivers in both states. Mark got one nate chromer way up a north coastal zipper we bankfished a week or so ago. And yesterday I got a nate on the highest driftboat run on the Nestucca. I can't wait for some outer OP nate hunts in March. When that gets good, save me an open seat with you guys for some of that there stuff. smile

Steve

#132068 - 12/30/01 06:16 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
relased my fist nate of the season (or ever) today. :p it didnt fight that well it took one good run. i was drifting eggs. it was about a 7lbr. i did see 2 schools of 15+ fish though. man did they have lockjaw i threw EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING at them w/o any results.
tyler
P.S. it was relased laugh

#132069 - 12/31/01 05:37 AM Re: First Nate of the Season!
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I,ve c\r five out on the canal this year.The first was a couple of weeks ago.alot of fishing to get those.The first was pushing 12 lbs, the rest smaller 8s or so.

#132070 - 12/31/01 04:46 PM Re: First Nate of the Season!
Kid Sauk Offline
I'm a freak'n CAKE

Loc: Almost on the beach
I hate to admit it, but Parker is getting pretty good on the sticks. He rowed at least half the day and I must say that it was nice to sit up in the front of the boat even with a broken seat eek . When I set the hook on that nate I fell backwards and Parker prevented my fall with "the foot of friendship".

It was really funny later in the day when I was giving him sidedrifting advice and I popped that cute little hen.

Good job, Parker, keep up the good work. Oh yeah, almost forgot to ask.....howz dem shoulders feel today? :p

My name is Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiddddd.....
KID SAUK!!!!!

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 274 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |