Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#132371 - 12/02/01 11:57 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
Gooose I would never [Bleeeeep!] you, your one of my fav turds! laugh

Seriously though, about 3-4 years ago got all addicted to jig fishing because of the killer success rate and started to lose a little of my lead banging mojo. It's alright now though Gooose
I got my mojo back and still continue to go both ways...........don't go there sicko's!

I can just see it now, Gooose singing "let's get jiggy with it" after he finally get the suckers dialed in.

FJ...out.

#132372 - 12/03/01 01:04 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

FJ glad to make your favorite **** list laugh . Did it really take you 3 to 4 years to recover? eek Oh Crap ...at 44 I've enough problems out fishin anyone rolleyes .Now I'm gonna have to interrupt my much practiced feel and timing? BTW do you use wood floats or do you go both ways on that issue? Probably need a new Allstar rod for float fishing....oh BTW Joe what am I gonna need. rolleyes How'd I get into this...oh yeah forgot RT.

Gooose rolleyes

#132373 - 12/03/01 01:05 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
I to must admit, I am a virgin, I have tried them a few times but just don't have the confidence in them to stick with them, 90% of the steelhead I've caught have been on either bait or corky & yarn, guess I'm just stuck in my ways. I'm headed to the Sky (weather permitting) Tuesday, I guess its time to pop my cherry, and get rid of the virgin label.

#132374 - 12/03/01 01:13 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Gooose, I can see how much fun your having with that "out fishin thing" your crackin me up for sure on that one. The feel and timing thing could develop a little rust but at your age hell what's rust?

FJ..out.

#132375 - 12/03/01 01:35 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

FJ after this last weekends experience I sure don't need a couple of extra pounds of rust...neutral bouyancy let alone positive bouyancy was a challenge rolleyes . With the rain we had I'll give you two guess' where I was. Your probably right on the first! eek
Anyway back to jigs....wish certain people would e-mail me their secrets as I'm in need of an advantage...doubt they'll let me start fishin an hour early efore the youngins?

Gooose laugh

#132376 - 12/03/01 02:40 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
Gotta love RT's contests even though I'd have a better chance of getting fatally struck by lightning twice on the same day, than winning one of them. Add my name to the jig virgin list. I've gotten to "second base" several times, but have yet to score. It's a confidence thing...

#132377 - 12/03/01 07:20 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Gooose, I'm ready to head your way with my jiggin gear so as to get you the low down. How did you do
this weekend? I'm thinking jigs will work well on that first choice river and if not we'll egg em to death.

FJ...out.

#132379 - 12/03/01 07:43 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
jtl85 Offline
Fry

Loc: Vancouver, wa
Alright, I too am a jig virgin. However, I do have some jigs and floats, and have been practicing. Now that the E. Lewis is back in shape, Ill be giving it a whirl.

#132380 - 12/03/01 07:45 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Firma LaDuce Offline
Alevin

Loc: NW rivers
I consider myself a jig virgin because I've haven't done much of it and the only one I caught had bait on it. SO I enter. Duce

#132381 - 12/03/01 10:39 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
AkKings Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Kelso Wa.
Heading for the Sky in the morning, nothing but jigs for the first couple hours, then I'll have to get serious!

#132382 - 12/03/01 10:42 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Registering now.

My confession Psychiatrist RT, I am a jig virgin.

#132383 - 12/03/01 11:21 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

jtl85, the EF is back in shape already? After all this rain? Dammit, too bad I screwed myself up! rolleyes mad

BTW, in case any of you are wondering, I am also a virgin in the other field. The REAL field. How bout a contest for this too, RT? Come on guys, time to fess up. laugh

#132384 - 12/03/01 11:45 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fish Jesus we did fine I suppose considering mothernature threw just about everything in her bag at us....including a cottonwood crashing down
next hole up. I ain't postin numbers but there was blood on the bank when we left....further details can be found in my terminology post. Should give you further clues as to where I was.

Gotta technical problem. My favorite most productive steelie hole requires standing amongst severe large woody structure handicaps to drift fish the sweet spot amongst somewhat severe underwater large woody handicaps. I might mention in addition to those handicaps there are several medium to large rock handicaps. To get to the point there's usually only about 7 feet of line between rod tip and lead...hardly room for a float? Probably just get in the way...so is it legal by the contest rules to keep my float (seriously)in my pocket?

Gooose
laugh

#132385 - 12/04/01 12:44 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been busy all day so getting caught up tonight. I talked to Mark of First Cast Jigs today. I was going to use 6 jigs I already have for the contest prize, but he offered up a half dozen of his latest improved versions for the winner of this jig virgin breaking contest. So I will offer up older but still great unused jigs for 2nd place and 3rd place. 5 jigs for 2nd (3 feathered and 2 for worms) and 4 jigs for 3rd (2 feathered and 2 for worms). Appreciate the integrity shown so far - albiet KB went above and beyond the call of duty a bit laugh .

On rules Q's - kj, if you stick to all the original rules and land one from saltwater count it good. Gooose, you have to use a float (drift fishing them works, but not for this contest - thanks). btw, don't worry about losing your drift fishing touch. It's just like the ol' bycycle cliche' - you'll never forget how, or lose that good touch.

As for you KB, if it's not contributing to the delinquency of a minor, I have a special contest for you. If you break both your jig and real virginities on the same day - this will be your prize:
http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP392.jpg

jk ... C1 - I will answer your float and rig Q's in the following post.

RT

Thanks Troy.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: RT ]

#132386 - 12/04/01 01:06 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Spooled Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: tigard,oregon
RT, to post your picture click the image box below and put this address in. http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/*****.jpg

Where the stars are put your picture # in. In this case UP392 instead of the stars. smile

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: spooled ]

#132387 - 12/04/01 05:18 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Troy.
------------

C1, you were asking about floats for jig fishing. There are lots of good ones that work well for that. For sliders I like the smaller torpedo shaped Thill floats with the simulated wood grain. Foam dinks are ok. For fixed floats I have come to really like the old round natural corks. They have such density that they make it easier to cast distances, and they still indicate light strikes well. Many guys like the Thill Turbo-masters. Other good ones too. The important thing is to match the float with water conditions and the resulting amount of weight you'll use. If you are only using a straight 1/8th oz. jig in gin clear water you should use the smallest stealthy float you can. On the other side of the coin, if the water is high and you are combining extra lead up the line from a 1/4 oz. jig you need to have a corresponding larger float. Keep things in balance and have the float upright to best indicate light bites. ... Help out jig experts.

RT

#132388 - 12/04/01 03:26 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
cohoangler Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Vancouver, Washington
RT - Great contest. Count me in. When it comes to jigs/steelhead, I'm as virgin as they get. I've always used spinners for steelhead, or occasionally rags/eggs. But I've been tying up some jigs since the rains have kept me off the Kalama. I'm tying white 1/4 oz jigs with hot pink schlappen feathers and pink body. Seems like most folks think that combination is productive for winter runs.

However, I'm not likely to win your contest, not because I don't think I'll catch any but that with the holidays and two small kids at home, my time on the water will be very limited. But I'll give it a shot anyway. Thanks!

#132389 - 12/04/01 04:42 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
O.k. Have never fished jiggs before...just look at my screen name.I do own some funny pieces of neoprene though,I just need jiggs.Oh yea I have Vedder/drews book autographed by Drew, a fine gift from my loving grandma.Drew writes in our local paper,thats how chico creek got so popular,anyways I want to play! :p

#132390 - 12/04/01 08:53 PM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Wow, what a woman, RT! Where did you find that beauty? How are you gonna ship her to me? laugh

#132391 - 12/05/01 12:36 AM Re: JIG VIRGIN BREAKOUT CONTEST
Anonymous
Unregistered

KB, as real as she looks in that pic she is actually one of my many inflatables. So all I have to do is let the air out and roll up the doll for ya. laugh

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |