Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133234 - 01/02/02 03:08 PM STS video
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I know we've covered this before but I just returned from holiday travels to find the new STS video waiting for me as a present from my wife. What a hoot. She kept asking why Nick and Bill were making all the hooting and grunting noises that start the video as Nick wrestles with a beaut of a buck on light tackle. Maybe if I get her into her first steelhead this winter she'll get it...

Anyway, great job you guys. It's a great drift fishing primer but more than that it's a real hoot to see you having such a great time. Who wouldn't like to get more clear sunny mid-week March days on the coast? That's what it's all about. I wish more folks we run into on the river who give you the blank stare would realize that.

And it's worth checking out if for nothing other than to see the bruisers they managed to get to the boat. The scenery is a good reminder of why we do this too. Nick is one of the luckiest people I know. The week before filming the video he spent five days giving me tips on catching Vancouver Island nates with jigs.

Tough life. cool

Bruce

[ 01-02-2002: Message edited by: B. Gray ]

#133235 - 01/02/02 04:15 PM Re: STS video
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Bruce, you gotta remember that those two guys are getting old now. Old! Takes a bit of grunting to get the big pig in. .. Then there's the fishing. eek As for all that hooting, well you remember your first big fish, right? wink hee hee ... Excellant video.

Steve

#133236 - 01/03/02 12:44 AM Re: STS video
Captain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Enumclaw, Washington, USA
Nick and Bill, great job on the video. My only complaint is that it was too short. I was hoping for three or four hours. laugh

What brand of baitcaster was Bill using? I originally thought it was an old 201 Shimano. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

Captain

#133237 - 01/03/02 01:03 AM Re: STS video
Pat Graham Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Forks
Be sure and bring that tape over tomorrow when you come over. Give us something to do while we drink beer. Oh yeah pick up some Guinness. Lots of fish in but the water might be a little high. Oh well it is all for charity. What ever we do we can not let Bobs boat win. Even if it means stealing there fish when they try to net them.

#133238 - 01/03/02 12:27 PM Re: STS video
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Damn, I knew I was forgetting something...don't worry Pat, we've got the secret weapon.

Zogs, care to answer that question about the levelwind? I was wondering the same thing. Looked a little big for a 201 but it did have that shape.

#133239 - 01/03/02 08:20 PM Re: STS video
The Real Spoonman Offline
Parr

Loc: Tacoma, WA USA
Of course it was a Shimano 201! I don't think I own any other type of reel!

Thanks for the glowing reviews of the tape, guys. The sub-title should have been, "Bill rows the boat and does all the talking while Nick reels in all the fish, Part One."

Yeah, we did have a great time making that...you should see the out-takes.

Bill. laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Jose, sky
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (fp), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645368 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |