Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133242 - 01/02/02 03:46 PM Fishing report for Jan 1st
Steelheader69 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma WA
My buddy and loaded up my sled and headed to my zipper lip CHehalis (oops, did I say that???). Was using our top secret setup of leader and eggs (did I say that agian??) and did a technique I myself developed and refined. It's called backbouncing. I'd explain it to you al, but it' stil a secret and I'm saving this surefire technique for myself.

Wel, we laucnhed at the Chehalis boat ramp near the mill, it was in perfect shape, thy REALLY keep th launch up, nice ad clean and perfect for launching boats. We hit th river iat daybreak and scored 15 fish in thefirst 25 minutes. We got realy tired by 10am after laning in exces of 80 fish and decided to takea coffee break. We anchored up in a hole and put th plugs out. Kept getting interupted by thoe pesty fish(don't the know we were trying to take a cofee break???) and kepthitting our lures. After about the 8th fish in as many minutes we decided to jus leave our rods out of th water. Our coffee was going cold for pete's sakes. So, we cranked up the heater, poured some fresh coffee and enjoyed the peace (or so we thought). Our plugs were sitting about a foot oout of the water near back of the boat. Mman, thos steelies love tadpolly's. They were literaly jumping at the plugs. They'd hit te plug of cuose, but aat same tim land i the boat making us spil ouurcoffee. Can a guy ask forjust ONE cup of hot coffee without getting it spilled oor going cold???? SHEESH. We finally had enough. Kept our 2 fish each an got off th river. Man, how can you relax if all you do is keep fighting fish?????? OH THE HUMANITY!!!!!

smile smile laugh laugh

DISCLAIMER: THis was a joke and only a joke. If for ay reason this percieved as a real report, then GOTCHA!!! For Pete's sakes, I can hold my own fising,but I ain't superman. laugh HEHEHE Happy new year to you all. Here's good luck to al of you in this new year and hope your lines are tight and you have many good friends to fish with through out this new year.

Northwest River Fisherman

#133243 - 01/02/02 04:53 PM Re: Fishing report for Jan 1st
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Jerry, I feel your pain! I hate it when the fish just will not leave you alone for a minute. And I too learned the hard way not to leave a Tad' hangin off the transome during a good bite. I've lost a few rods to fish jumping up and grabbing the dang lure while trying to mind my own business and enjoy some coffee or lunch. I even tried bringing the rods completely inside the boat but those things have such a keen sense of smell they will take to jumping right into the boat trying to chomp on a Tadpoly or tad bit of eggs. Have to yell at them and kick them out of the boat. Tough fishing in those conditions, but not all days are going to go smoothly. Just have to resign yourself to this and deal with it.

RT

#133244 - 01/03/02 12:39 AM Re: Fishing report for Jan 1st
fishkisser99 Offline
Spawner

Loc: Eastsound, WA, USA
...yeah, in my dreams...

...cured and vac-packed up a bunch of steelie eggs the other day using my special recipe and just got home to find my refrigerator raided of every package of eggs and the floor all wet and slimy, a few fish scales gleaming here and there in the flourescent lights...

#133245 - 01/03/02 03:04 PM Re: Fishing report for Jan 1st
KNOPHISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: AUBURN,WA,USA
JANUARY 1ST??? I DIDN'T THINK THERE WOULD BE MUCH OF A REPORT AS IT WAS BLOWIN LIKE A BOAT LOAD OF HOOKERS. (BORROWED JOKE THAT I LIKED, NAMES CHANGED TO PROTECT THE GUILTY) ACTUALLY THE WIND KEPT BLOWING MY BEER OVER. BUT WE DID MANAGE TO GET A BRAT ON THOSE KILLER POLLYS. THE WIND WAS BLOWING SO HARD THE PLUGS WERE FLYING UP IN THE AIR LIKE KITES. NO [Bleeeeep!]. THAT LITTLE HEN MUST OF JUMPED 20 FEET UP TO GET THAT PLUG. THEN TRYING TO DRIFT FISH, YOUR RIG WOULD BE ONLY 10 FEET FROM THE BOAT & HAVE SO MUCH LINE OUT YOUR REEL WOULD BE ALMOST SPOOLED. GOT LUCKY TOO. PULLED IN TO THE TAKE OUT & A BIG TREE FELL RIGHT BEHIND MY TRUCK. IF I WAS 30 SECONDS LATER IT WOULD OF BEEN UGLY. FUNNIEST THING WAS WATCHING THE FLY BOYS TRYING TO CAST. ALL THEY REALLY HAD TO DO WAS HOLD THE ROD STRAIGHT UP & FEED SOME LINE OUT.

#133246 - 01/03/02 04:44 PM Re: Fishing report for Jan 1st
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Hey, I was taking that report seriously until i read the disclaimer...lol A "report" is basically a licsence to brag or exagerate. hehe
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 870 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |