LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133376 - 01/03/02 04:12 PM Only One Day!
Spoony Offline
Fry

Loc: WA
Ladies and Gentleman (and the rest of you) I need a quick report from you all to set me up for this weekend.

First, a little background. I grew up fishing the OP and the Wynoochee/Satsop holes so I know them pretty well. I have been gone for some time in the NYC mess and havnt had time to do my homework or fish locally. Now, Im gonna be home for three whole days (one day fishing)so Im getting my Alumaweld jet out of storage and taking my new boss out to learn what all the fuss is about (he's a bass fisherman...) I've been talking up a good game on the East coast against all these bass,striper and other scrap fish guys so now I need to put him into a fish or Im gonna catch hell forever. I only need to know what river the fish are in....I can work the rest.

Thanks in advance and I will be sure to tell you how it goes. My future with this company may just ride on it.

Later,

#133377 - 01/03/02 05:17 PM Re: Only One Day!
centerpin Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: The Terrace
The Cow below Zoo creek. cool cool

#133378 - 01/03/02 10:41 PM Re: Only One Day!
bank walker Offline
Spawner

uhhhhhhhhhhh bass... "Bubba, see that stump?" Bubba "yeah, is see dat stump." "throw that crankin' spank out there and reel like da devil and when dat bass hits, rip his lips off with that 40lb line." Now if you like throwing "crankin spank" lures with your whuppin stick loaded with 50# power pro, then thats the fish for you.

If not, there's the general: Mr. Chrome, one bad arse, reel singin, fly flingin, bobber bouncing, wader wearing, egg eating, cracker spanking, wake up at 3 am.....yallllloooooluuuuaaaaaahhhhh

Show boss man a REEL fish...
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#133379 - 01/04/02 04:39 AM Re: Only One Day!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The holes you mentioned growing up on - if the water is in good condition you would do just fine right there. For some bigger jetsled rivers, both the Cowlitz (Blue Cr. on down) and NF Lewis (hatchery/meathole area on down) have real good runs going this season. And both were just upped to 3 fish per person limits on adipose fin clipped fish. Good luck. smile

RT

#133380 - 01/04/02 12:12 PM Re: Only One Day!
Spoony Offline
Fry

Loc: WA
Bank Walker - Oh, I have the full meal deal planned. Loaning him my stinky, egg smothered waders (too small for his big gut), alarm set for 4am (we have a party to attend the night before so he should be good..), bad coffee, im gonna forget the top for the boat, maybe get some rain, pull over wade a bit and drift fish a bit with bright red eggs, oh yeah....he'll love it.

RT,Centerpin thanks for the tips. Cowlitz has always provided a fish or two. RT I've never been on the Lewis for some unknown reason (too much professional crap in the way is the obvious reason). The (f)Dam operators on the Nooch have me a little pissed.....I know it didnt rain enough to blow it up to 2500 cfs over the past four days.

I will have one more oportunity to check this thread before I fly so anyone with recent (last two days or so)experience and advice would be appreciated...

Later,

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 961 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |