LURECHARGE!

THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#133501 - 01/04/02 05:51 PM I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Loc: Post Falls, ID
Around Thanksgiving, I decided that this year, I was going to get my first daily limit and my first steelhead over 10 pounds. Well, today I beat both my goals! This fish was an 11 pounds and gave me one of the best fights I've ever had. It was ready to spawn so I released it.

On top of that, I also got my limit of keeper quality fish. A 6 pound buck and 8 pound hen. I know the fish don't look that big with me holding them, but I'm 6'6" and about 300 pounds so. . . . laugh

#133502 - 01/04/02 06:06 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
Cracker Offline
Smolt

Loc: Kenmore, Wa, USA
Nice work Jacob. This spot looks just a touch familiar, was the gate open?

#133503 - 01/04/02 06:08 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Gate? This was up on the Snoqualmie.

#133504 - 01/04/02 08:03 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
WAY!
That would make a great day of fishin' for anyone, Jacob. You look like you enjoyed it.

By the way, anyone still needind to know the difference between a summer and winter run steelie, should be able to see it quite clearly from these photos!
cool

#133505 - 01/04/02 08:50 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
Spoony Offline
Fry

Loc: WA
Nice....Its now time for more lofty goals. Keep it up. Oh and Im glad to see a guy who actually looks happy to have caught a fish. I dont know about you guys but I like to see the excitment...

Later, laugh

#133506 - 01/04/02 09:05 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
beauty fish jacob

#133507 - 01/04/02 09:27 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
John Lee Hookum Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Area 51
Jacob You the Man !!! Now thats the way to start the year off. wink

Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of
Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter
of the gods.

-- Albert Einstein

#133508 - 01/05/02 12:14 AM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
nice one jacob. im still gonin for both of those goals (had 2 over 10lbs next to the bank but lost)i still need to find a limit though.
tyler

#133509 - 01/05/02 04:50 AM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
FishNg1 Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Gig Harbor, WA , USA
Nice job Jacob, when I saw your pictures and your description of your "size" ,I remember you as one of the PSA Guys at the Fraser River outing this last fall.
I was the fellow with the Alumaweld sled from the Gig Harbor Chapter PSA, parked in the back of the motel. That trip was a blast too, can't wait for next year to do it again.
I too have been catchin a few Steelies when I can get out. Go get em!

Dad, think that if I practice hard, they'll let me participate in the SRC ?
[Gig Harbor Puget Sound Anglers....Join your local chapter. CCA member

#133510 - 01/05/02 04:54 AM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by FishNg1:
Nice job Jacob, when I saw your pictures and your description of your "size" ,I remember you as one of the PSA Guys at the Fraser River outing this last fall.
I was the fellow with the Alumaweld sled from the Gig Harbor Chapter PSA, parked in the back of the motel. That trip was a blast too, can't wait for next year to do it again.
I too have been catchin a few Steelies when I can get out. Go get em!

Yeah, that trip was a riot. I'm on the board for the Renton chapter and we're already beginning to plan it. I'm probably going to be spending some time on the Vedder this February and March though.

#133511 - 01/05/02 05:37 AM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

wtg jacob those sure is pretty fish rolleyes

#133512 - 01/06/02 09:44 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
retriever Offline
Smolt

Loc: Renton, Wa
Nicely done Jacob, I came into the hole just as you were leaving. Good to tag a face to the name.

#133513 - 01/07/02 07:25 AM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nass feesh Jacob. That water looks good. I've never gotten to fish the Sno' before. It doesn't look crowded in that pic, but with nice fish like that in it and that close to the Metro I figure you weren't lacking for company? I've only fished the lower Sky' many years ago, but never up in the good spots up river. I'd like to experience both those rivers sometime before 2002 is out. Especially the famous summer runs!

RT

#133514 - 01/07/02 08:15 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
JacobF Offline
Spawner

Quote:
Originally posted by RT:
Nass feesh Jacob. That water looks good. I've never gotten to fish the Sno' before. It doesn't look crowded in that pic, but with nice fish like that in it and that close to the Metro I figure you weren't lacking for company? I've only fished the lower Sky' many years ago, but never up in the good spots up river. I'd like to experience both those rivers sometime before 2002 is out. Especially the famous summer runs!

RT

The Snoqualmie isn't typically too crowded. That day, there were 14 people fishing that stretch 8 on my side and 6 on the other and 2 of them were friends of mine. The only place it gets near combat fishing is the eddy at Tokul Creek which I typically avoid. I'll fish either above it or below and manage to do pretty well.

#133515 - 01/07/02 09:06 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
Jacob - I think that is the spot my buddy and I frequent on weekday mornings on the way to work. That is where I nailed my first steely (about a 12lb nate) and my buddy hooked (but lost) his first. I'll keep an eye out for ya...

#133516 - 01/08/02 09:29 PM Re: I accomplished both of my steelhead goals today!!
Cigar Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Shoreline, Wa.
Jacob,

Nice fish!!!!! smile smile

I accomplished a couple goals on Saturday too. laugh

GOAL #1: Take my best friend Steelheading.

Goal #2: Let him catch his first.

Cigar wink

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
dizzy fisherman
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (NOFISH), 1106 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14489
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63783 Topics
645418 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |