THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134419 - 01/09/02 09:16 PM Re: Best fish you accidentally caught????
Anonymous
Unregistered

I like that one too Dave - LOL. laugh

Hey Pitch, by any chance did that boiled shrimp resemble a pink and white palmered marabou jig? >

#134420 - 01/10/02 01:32 AM Re: Best fish you accidentally caught????
CedarR Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Olympia, WA
While casting a 1/32 oz jig for crappies, I caught a 5# cutthroat(Lake Sawyer). Landed a 4# rainbow on a 6" black plastic worm flipped in the weed beds(Lake Mary Ronan). The next fish may not be a "best fish", but it was one of the best fighters, and I did accidentally hook it. I was casting a spoon at the shoreline, when I hooked a heavy fish. I was hoping it was a record largemouth. It took quite awhile to get a good look at it, because I was using 4lb line. Eventually, I landed a tail-hooked 17# carp.
(Lake Washington)

#134421 - 01/10/02 02:40 AM Re: Best fish you accidentally caught????
papafsh Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Everett, WA.
The first steelhead I ever caught here in Washington was a total suprise.
My wife and I were camping over in the Sequim area, at the Dungeness Spit campground and one afternoon we decided to spend some time on the Dungeness river. I had a medium weight spinning outfit, tossing a 1/4 oz black/gold Panther Martin, expecting to catch trout.
Well, I had made several casts alongside a big tree lying about half way across the river, with out any result, so was watching the lure spinning along...when WHAM! a big summer steelie came up from under that log, mouth wide open, grabbed the spinner, tuned and headed for home!
Well sir, I just about came out'a my skin! but it was almost like slow-motion, the action was so clear, even though it happened in a blink of the eye.
The fact is, I lost him though, I guess I was so shocked, I didn't set the hook well.
The rest of the day and most of that night, all I could think about was that fish!
Early the next morning, I was back on the Dungeness tossin' that spinner like mad trying to raise that steelie one more time. After about a 1/2 hour working over that log, I moved up stream hit'n every bit of water I could, but no luck! Just when I was about convinced I was SOL, I made one last cast to the right side of a bridge support and, WHAM! fish on....fish on! he didn't get away this time, a 7lb buck!.
I don't really know if it was the same exact fish from the day before or not, I like to believe it was though. cool

#134422 - 01/10/02 06:52 PM Re: Best fish you accidentally caught????
mt. mike Offline
Parr

Loc: florence mt
Hey Cooter, the Little Blackfoot has been closed to all fishermen. It is now prime wolf habitat and a few Griz have recently started to wander this drainage. Very dangerous, I would recomend other bodies of water for recreation. wink

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645389 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |