THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#135648 - 01/18/02 02:05 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Periwinkle Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Mill Creek, WA
Bardo, --- Shame on you,,,,,,you're just 'funnin' the boys aren't you?? By the way, you should capitalize Indian. Where the hell is Union, and how's your helicopter working?
'Fishers', when we go to C&R where will we get our fish for the BQ's? rolleyes laugh

#135649 - 01/18/02 02:07 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
from farms laugh
tyler

#135650 - 01/18/02 03:03 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Metalhead Mojo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Browns Point
Quote:
Originally posted by Tyler Celli:
i have the whole thing on videotape

tyler, hang on to that tape, i have an idea and will email you.

#135651 - 01/18/02 09:20 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bardo Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: union wa
periwinkle , but of course. why is everyone so darn serious. I would rather look at a few nets, than 200 fishermen standing side by side trying to catch a fish. union is 53.8 statute miles sw of your house and 115.41 road mile . on beautiful hood canal next door to the skokomish Indian reservation. sometimes i even herd salmon like cattle ( from the chopper )into the indian nets. its kind of like being on one of those old west cattle drives. I would rather see them net all of those fish. because the fish dont go up the rivers. they just swim around and die in the canal in front of my house. then i have to smell rotted fish for weeks. its really disgusting.the pentagon has taken samples of these rotted fish and are trying to develop a stink bomb to drop over afganistan. they figure no one could live under those conditions and osama would move away.
( there is actually a small amount of truth in the last statement)

#135652 - 01/18/02 10:37 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ROCKFISH Offline
Spawner

Loc: manchester,Wa
my reply is gone

#135653 - 01/18/02 11:00 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
guys,the problemis not the nets itself.its the MISMANAGMENT BY THE WDFW.On a previous post,where would you go on a guided trip,a lot of you responded by saying the lower quinault.By far the most heavily netted river in our state,yet they have a outstanding fishery.the reason is managment of the fishery,they put fish back.we have several hatchery's idling because of lack of funds(so they say).i can't talk about the green(don't know anything about it)but its like a wallet.if you keep taking money out of it and don't refill it, it's empty.their is no reason other than pure MISMANAGMENT,THAT THERE IS A LACK OF FISH in our states fishery.If we go ruining nets,we have to pay to replace them.take the hump for example the tribe footed the bill for the next hatchery plant.the queets,planted by the tribe from the salmon river.also the white commercial net fishery does more damage then any set net could ever do.start writing letters to the dept.of shame,tell them what you think instead of wasting money on hay bales.scott

#135654 - 01/18/02 11:06 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Thank you scotty, a man brave enough to look at the truth!!!

#135655 - 01/19/02 01:23 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
Mis-management? More like no management. It is a free-for-all if you have a net. frown

#135656 - 01/19/02 01:50 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question for all? Has this been the best year you've had in the last ten? Regardless of nets, El Nino excuses, habitat and hatchery fish genetic issues, ad nauseum? rolleyes Lot of beetcthin but the reality from my end is that we're having a banner year....maybe mothernature just doen't give a "phuch" about our complaints and has graced us with more fish than a guy could ever catch? Did you have a problem catchin yoour limits of salmon when they were runnin? What? Yes? So whats the problem? Don't get me wrong I don't like any bodies nets in the rivers. I'm havin a glorious year on all species and the nets are there same as last year and years before.

Gooose laugh

#135657 - 01/19/02 02:30 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes, it may be true that sinking nets with wont solve the problem and that new nets will be found and used. However, if we take out the nets for a week then that will be a damn good week of fishing. Its only a temporary solution, but if used enough we might get a good couple of weeks out of every season. Also, washington is a far better producer of hey that gill nets. I think at a couple of dollars a pop we can fight this one out. Maybe the Indians (that do practive gillnetting) should get a taste of reality and realize that they are not special for any reason and special rights are a joke. I say its time to dissolve these treaties for the sake of salmon and stealhead. Until then, we can take things into our own hands

#135658 - 01/19/02 02:38 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Captain Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Enumclaw, Washington, USA
rcl187 I know him and his daddy. Sounds like pretty bold talk for someone that is from Sedro-Woolley. You may be writing a check you can't cash. Lighten up, this is America, home of the free, land of the brave and where opinions can be expressed freely. If you have ever seen the nets on the Green any reasonable person would agree that it is rediculous.

The majority consensus is that nets suck, big time.

Is there something about this post that you don't understand.

Captain - over and out!

#135659 - 01/19/02 02:42 AM Re: KILL THE NETTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Well, I believe this thread has run its course. Not because of the topic of netting in itself, rather because of the the encouragement of illegal activites, slurs, and even 'threats'.

'Nuf said, this thread and the Sheriff are headed to bed.

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645360 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |