Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136011 - 01/20/02 11:41 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
I just can't believe your friend fished Blue Creek without any kind of firearm! How is he suppose to get or keep a fishing spot? laugh

#136012 - 01/21/02 12:16 AM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
BILGRAT,
You are right about the backwards mask. Some tribes in Africa wear them when walking in the woods. I am not joking.

Personally I am more afraid to fly fish near locals than cougars or bears. eek

#136013 - 01/21/02 10:21 AM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Pitch Pocket Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Portland, OR
Marty reported that a fisherman was mauled by a cougar this weekend. Anyone see the story?

#136014 - 01/21/02 02:54 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
If you guys are going to wear your Nixon face masks on the back of your heads, make sure you get the ones that have the crossed-eyes molded into them. rolleyes rolleyes

That way you will be able to triple your protection! You'll get both sides protected and rear protection at the same time. This is true!!! laugh Never ever trust a side sneaking cougar. After many years of evading cougar attacks, I have found (and highly recommend) the masks with the spring loaded wired hanging eyeballs. cool That way you also get some much needed added protection from those cougars that are hiding in those overhead trees where they may be looking down at you.

Got a few more ticks, but I will hold them back until someone on this bb shows us their bite marks! laugh laugh

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#136015 - 01/21/02 04:56 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
cementhead Offline
Fry

Loc: rat city
I carry a small .22 auto made by smith & wesson. Real small and light weight, 8-shot clip and fixed sights. Got an uncle on the O.P. who used to run dogs on couger. Killed many treed cats, with 1-shot from small caliber rifles and pistols. He sez hit them anywhere in the head or lungs and they go down. My .02

#136016 - 01/21/02 05:05 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Keeps life interesting,eh. X_Fishing. "Fisherman Ready".

Glad E Ate Her

#136017 - 01/21/02 05:17 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I have been stalked by a Kitty over on the Eastside Mulie Huntin.after playing cat and mouse for about 1/2 hour,I just put a wellplace 280 round between his front legs into the dirt,He only ran about 30 yds,the next one went between his ears.....he wouldn't have liked my next shot placement wink
But Blue creek eek
I don't go here very often,when I do I just bring Timberman eek
If I take Dan S. or Redneck....I make them carry the beef Jerky........Os

#136018 - 01/21/02 05:24 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
Typically you wont even see him coming and when you do. You might get the gun out but he or she will probably get you before you shoot. If you dont know what stress fire is and never practiced it good luck hitting a big cat coming at you with a short barrel pea shooter! Remember he dosent know what being shot is all about so he wont stop till you kill him! A bear can still charge full speed 300 ft and attack after his heart quits beating!!! A big Cat has about the same determination but is even faster and more stealthy. Id stand and look large and make noise before Id shoot him with a .22! Unless it was my only choice.(hes already on you so you better try to get it out and just empty it into the cat).

Bob D

#136019 - 01/21/02 06:19 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
cementhead Offline
Fry

Loc: rat city
8 quick ones in the ear-hole will put "ol puss" to sleep. Ya, he might chew on me some but I'll be eating cat for a while.

#136020 - 01/22/02 12:30 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
eight in the ear hole rolleyes
If that big Kitty is on you.....save those rounds for yourself eek .................Os

#136021 - 01/22/02 12:40 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
They say that cat is really good eating. If I was attacked by one I would rub sh!t in his face. All I would have to do is reach behind me to get it. I won't have to hunt for it because it would be in my pants. laugh laugh laugh

#136022 - 01/22/02 01:50 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Hey Oz, look's like "ol" C-head is one cool customer! Keep packin, but you'll probley only need it for the 2-legged varmits @ B.C. From what I've read, most coug. attacks are on small kids and or by young inexperienced cats. Size and aggression seems to make them back off. So a regular guy out fishing may get looked over by a stray cat, but jumped? More likely to get run over by a UFO laugh

#136023 - 01/22/02 07:16 PM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Maguana Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Hoquiam/Newton

#136024 - 01/23/02 01:48 AM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Anonymous
Unregistered

Spring loaded eyeballs on a Nixon mask. LOL And rubbing your **** on a cougars face eek L O L ! ... might work if you had some real bad burritos for breakfast. laugh But that story of the lady, strong and quick witted enough under water with a cougar on her to stab it to death with a scissors, is quite the story. The Bionic Woman.

I only skimmed thru the thread. Did anyone mention the double strength capsacin spray canisters they use for warding off Grizzly bears in the northern Rockies and other places? Seems that could slow down a cougar attack. Some contend they are often more effective than handguns because you can't miss their face as they charge; and it about stops them from seeing or breathing for a bit, while you escape. Providing you didn't also get a big dose of this hideous stuff in your face too. I did get a small amount of it by accident one time and it's a nightmare - slipped and shot some of that orange stuff down my pant leg testing it on AK black bears. Hard to even breath for a few minutes, followed by and hour or more of heavy coughing.

#136025 - 01/23/02 03:18 AM Re: STALKED BY A COUGAR AT BLUE CREEK
Fisherdan Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Auburn, Wa, USA
You guys can mock cougar attacks and not treat them as a serious threat if you want, but last week I saw not one but two cougars. They were traveling together and they were obviously hunting. I watched them cross a field til they came upon some tracks. It was an incredible scene that unfolded like this:

The first cougar looked at the second one and said "Look at those moose tracks".

The second cougar sneered and said "Those aren't moose tracks, those are antelope tracks."

The first cougar replied "Well, those are at least elk tracks".

The second cougar then said " Maybe they're deer tracks".

While they were arguing about what kind of tracks they'd found..... the train hit them.

Go huskies! less than 10 months til the Apple Cup threads start. Oh, boy!!

Fisherdan

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Skate
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (FishCatcher, wolverine, 1 invisible), 1446 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63779 Topics
645378 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |