Hey Bob,

The only place better than that Cabela's store in western Nebraska is the L.L.Bean store in Freeport, Maine... talk about fly fishing gear!! What most people don't realize is that their catalogs have only a small sample (less than half?) of the stuff that they sell in their store... they've got live trout in a pool, the whole works... unreal.

Your trip sounds great. When I moved west (from Maine) 7 years ago, I took 2 months to drive it and see a bunch of sites. A couple of "Don't miss" places on your route - not sure all of them will be open in February, but it's worth checking:
Jenny Lake Lodge, Teton National Park - go there for sunset... overlooks the lake and the Tetons... awesome.
The tram at Jackson Hole - on a clear day, it's worth taking the trip to the top, even if you don't have skis/snowboard... another great view.
Canyonlands National Park - I've been to Arches, Needles, Zion, Yellowstone, Glacier, etc., even the Grand Canyon, and this one is the sweetest... again, awesome views - you want sample pics? I can email some. Go to Yellowstone if you like hot, smelly, (but beautiful) water. Go to Canyonlands if you want to stand at the top of 2,000 foot cliffs and look at the rivers below.

I've got more places if you're interested...

-N.