THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136121 - 01/19/02 03:10 PM You know she's a keeper when ...
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Sitting here this morning with Fishgal looking over our planned route to visit friends in Colorado when we take the second half of February off to go to the Olympics.

Planning our route, we had hoped to take in some of the National Parks / interesting spots along the way ... we'll be going through Jackson Hole so we can see the elk and we'll come through the National Park areas of southern Utah on on loop to SLC.

With limited time, we were discussing these attractions and asked her which ones she really wanted to see.

Her answer ... "I don't care which ones you go to as long as you take me to the big Cabela's store."

Pretty cool when you go on vacation and your woman wants to go to Cabela's laugh laugh

Let's hear some more stories along these lines smile

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#136122 - 01/19/02 03:22 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Predator Dawg Offline
Spawner

Loc: land of sun
Bob,

I've been to that store in Western Nebraska. It was simply a religous experience to walk in there.

Enjoy your trip,

Steve

#136123 - 01/19/02 03:27 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Trout Master Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Edmonds
My girlfriend Stacey loves to fish, the problem is I fly fish and she is a bait chunker. We went over to eastern washington last summer to take her little girls fishing at these ponds. I rig up the new rods I got them with power bait. But for the life in me I could not cast the damn thing.
She took both rods and re rigged them and bam cast them out and said thats how it done. Sure enough both girls caught fish. I just sat back and smiled . I love this girl laugh

#136124 - 01/19/02 03:41 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Here's another religious experience if you are ever in Wisconson. Try the Bass Pro Outdoor world near Green Bay. They should make that place a state of it's own. For anyone who has been here, or a place like it, you know what I am talking about. Everything and anything you can imagine, live pool with amazing fish, life size bear, elk, deer, and a section of a store for sermon and prayer on Sundays in case you get side-tracked on the way to church. Just kidding. Fish on guys and girls!

-George Orwell

#136125 - 01/19/02 03:57 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
I smell a diamond ring laugh

#136126 - 01/19/02 04:02 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Wild Chrome Offline
Spawner

Loc: The Tailout
I was in the Bass Pro Shops/Outdoor World in Cincinnati over the holidays. They had a dizzying array of fishing and related outdoor gear, but what amazed me most was the fact that I was watching mall-cruising teenage girls and shop-aholic mom's browsing the plastic worm and spinnerbait aisles along-side the fat guys with dirty jeans and fishin' caps on. Kinda bizzarre!
As far as my woman, I'll not soon forget my birthday present in 2000. She bought me a 10 foot 8 weight fly rod and then spent the weekend with me chasing steelhead on the North Umpqua. It was rainy and cool, and she had a bad cold, so she spent most of the time sleeping in the tent back at the campsite. When she got out to fish, she fell in twice. She didn't complain or ask to go home, rather, she told me to just go fish and enjoy myself! I'm a lucky man! cool

#136128 - 01/19/02 04:32 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Aunty, I know a couple guyhs that get excited on a trip to Walmart - if ya know what I mean. laugh

#136129 - 01/19/02 04:40 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Easy Limits Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Nisqually
You want a religious experience, go to the original Bass Pro in Spingfield Missouri. That place is the "end all" of sporting goods stores. They even have parking for tour buses. eek
My xgirlfriends grandma lives two block behind it.

#136130 - 01/19/02 04:55 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
My wife and I honeymooned at the Happy Hollow on the Wilson river in late November with my rods in tow! Gotta like that!

FJ...out.

I warned her before I married her!

#136131 - 01/19/02 08:08 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
BossMan Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
I already knew my future wife was a keeper when I gave her a diamond ring. However, there were no second thoughts after she bought me a drift boat for an engagement present. smile

#136132 - 01/19/02 08:45 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
I got an Ambassadeur 6500C3 for my wedding present from the wife.

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#136133 - 01/19/02 09:05 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Pat Graham Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Forks
Yeah Bob we all know Corey is a keeper. So hurry up and put that damn ring on her finger!

#136134 - 01/19/02 09:28 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
Aunty M ... you're welcome to come along smile W wouldn't mind a third driver for the road trip we've got planned, no extra Olympic tix though, you might have to go try some their winter time trout fishing!

I know Pat! But the money I had set aside for it just got transferred into a Cabela's Visitation Fund wink

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#136135 - 01/19/02 09:56 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
When I first got together with my wife I worked up in Alaska for a living.I would go up to alaska for three to four month twice a year.She was always there for me when I got back and there 90% of the times I would pull into port.
The only reason I worked up in Alaska was because I got a good four months off to sport fish,with a chunk of change in the bank to boot.
I would not rent a house just live out of a tent somewhere up in the olympics.She would come visit me every chance she got and would have fun!
She loves to fish and camp almost as much as me!Of course I sprung for alot of fancy hotel rooms when I did come into town as she lived with her parents and that just didn't work!
She finaly puy her foot down and we got married and got a house!When you walk into my house it looks more like a cabin in the woods because that is what we are all about!There are alot of pictures of her with nice fish next to pictures of me with much smaller fish though!
She HARDLY complains about me fishing so much and I do fish ALOT.
We have been arguing about her want to go to mexico and my want to take the money to canada or alaska!
We compramised and are going to Arizona for spring training!
Do I take this for granted HELL NO! laugh laugh

#136136 - 01/19/02 10:02 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
RPetzold Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Everett, Wa
Well it isn't looking good for Fishgal this year as the Blazers are doing even crappier then the Sonics...

But the M's...we'll just see if last year wasnt a fluke for Boone and Ichiro and Cirillo brings alot to the team. They just need to nail down the last couple spots in their rotation and if Freddy has the year he did last year and Moyer stays healthy they have another good chance. They'll just have to get past the Yankees and Giambi...

laugh

...according to Fishgal, the clock is ticking and half of Western Washington's steelheaders are counting down. Fishgal, what does Bob have left? 350 days!?!?

wink

#136137 - 01/19/02 10:44 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
haverodwillfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Fort Lewis, WA
Pat,
Who are you talking about rings, you rookie, you just put one on YOUR honeys finger yourself! Ha ha. This is Justin, cast me an e mail if you want.

-George Orwell

#136138 - 01/19/02 10:54 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
when shes up at 0 dark thirty making coffee for the fishing trip cause shes as excited as me to go fishin

she ties my egg loops for me cause i cut my thumb off with a skillsaw

would rather tent camp in the rain than motel trip

buys fishing gear only for xmas and bday

likes football as much as me

great cook

great backrubber

and on and on and on

shes a keeper

#136139 - 01/19/02 11:44 PM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Nebb Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Forks
I got one to top all.... Honeymoon: Duval Point Lodge Port Hardy B.C., A full week!!! This one is really a keeper!!!!!! smile

#136141 - 01/20/02 02:03 AM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
Double Haul Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wherever I can swing for wild ...
I knew she was a keeper when after we became engaged she surprised me with a pontoon boat and on our honeymoon in Banff we made a detour and went fishing for couple days.

#136142 - 01/20/02 06:50 AM Re: You know she's a keeper when ...
bentpole Offline
Juvenille at Sea

I have a delema here it is
my wife likes to fish but doesn't ever take the time to go out with me .
she doesn't like the way fish taste so just me and my daughter eat r catch.
she hasn't bought me a boat like she promissed.
or a cabin.
i have to keep all my tackle in the garge (I prefer next to our bed).
she limits r fish talk to only three hours a day.
when we r outdoors she try's to talk about a variety of things instead of just fish topics.

So I ask you all am i dense? or should I get a us some marriage (fish)counciling?
please help confused
on serious note all your wifes sound fantastic wtg on those keepers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
2 registered (stonefish, Carcassman), 1067 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645301 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |