Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136439 - 01/22/02 06:58 PM Re: Nooch Update
UltimateFeashKacher Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: WA
Yarf'em,

Thanks for the report. I have to go to Sportsco so I may stop by NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH and say hi to locals. Look at the bright side, the more the crowd, the less cougars and bears eek

People usually fish a certain distance from their home on a consistent basis and they are not going to pack and travel long distances on a consistent basis (G-MAN is an exception wink ). The crowd you see on a consistent basis is mainly due to the area population growth. A good report may spike things shortly but it dies down quickly.

The reason this nation is great is because in general we don't have a "scarce mentality" syndrome. wink

#136440 - 01/22/02 07:11 PM Re: Nooch Update
rc Offline
Parr

Loc: Olympia, WA
What a sad situation that these awesome fish have to face! By the way Puller, thanks for changing the tone of things. I also think idiot's post was off base and rude, but after so many rips I was actually starting to feel sorry for him. eek

Ron

#136441 - 01/22/02 09:04 PM Re: Nooch Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks rc for feeling sorry for me. I mean, hold on I have to wipe the tears away. Thats better. The mind readers on this billboard have deduced from my sarcastic yet intentioned constructive criticism that I dont even fish the wynoochee or any other river; which is half true, I could'nt catch fish in a U-fish pond; if you only knew, I am like bad gas just stinkin up the room for a while; I promise only twice, I throw beer bottles and sand shrimp containers into the rivers, I'm an idiot; well true, I am the only person on the planet who cant get a nooksack or skagit report, what else was there? I forget. I guess I am an ass hole. No matter. But is'nt it amazing how the opinion of one can incite such fury in so many. Anyway, there were actually two reasons for my message to yarf'em yesterday: One was to see just how many people were looking at the "nooch reports" which, though the reply number was smaller than expected, I fully believe that for every one of you who blasted me there are at least 20 more who chose to say nothing. And second was to maybe give you all something to think about 10 years from now when every river has a yarf'em and you have to make an apointment to put your boat on the river. You'll all say man he was right. Too late. But you will all have the memories of times spent on the river with 300 of your friends whom you met while banging away at a keyboard, all trying to catch the same 25 fish. For all of you who make comments about the absurdness of solitude on the wynoochee, believe me, pre internet and F&H News it was not absurd it was the norm. But I am sure none of you have been fishing it long enough to remember those days. As promised, I'll only stink up your room twice. I also promise never to look at this site again. You all dont play very nice and it always makes me sick anyway.

#136442 - 01/22/02 09:39 PM Re: Nooch Update
steeliematt Offline
Parr

Boy if a river report is it is high and muddy I am all confused.... I have been fishing the Nooch for 21 years and yes it has become crowded as well as every other fine river in western washington.... Solitude comes during the middle of the week on most of these fine rivers or as much solitude as your gonna get. Reports like that are not intended to give out secrets but save hard working people time.... I fish with Yarf and have for along time, He fishes hard and spends alot of time scouting when the water is not right for fishing and find new launches so he and his family or who ever has the opertunity to have a seat in his boat can have a little more of that mentioned solitude. Good night, Matt

#136443 - 01/23/02 01:54 AM Re: Nooch Update
buddyduc Offline
Alevin

Loc: Forks
Geez I gotta reply to this! Not for what you're thinking though. How many of you have heard about the Snider Creek wild fish program on the Sol Duc? Why can't something like this be done for the wild fish on the Wynoochee? Maybe one of the fishing groups on the harbor or maybe the guides down there get together and sponser something. Spawn the natives in the upper river , smolt them and truck em below the dam. Why not? Its done up here with mainly volunteer efforts. Why doesn't someone pursue that?

#136444 - 01/23/02 02:11 AM Re: Nooch Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bye Bye Mr. Idiot ...see you in your next incarnation as there's no cure for you. rolleyes You'll be back dude ...just a different iteration...oh well.

Gooose laugh

#136445 - 01/23/02 12:19 PM Re: Nooch Update
Anonymous
Unregistered

hey "idiot", what a relief to hear there are still a few people that dont "kiss and tell", BRAVO to you.

you're right, during the pre fishing and hunting news rag and internet usage, fishing and hunting was allllll about finding that out of the way place and keeping it to yourself. successful outdoorsmen would spend countless hours in the FIELD wearin' out shoe leather, now people think they've paid their dues if they "log" time on a keyboard...today people want info and they want it NOW!

years and years ago the puyallup was really crowded and it put out enough fish to keep the masses happy, but just a half hour down the road was a river virtually untouched, a river that would rival most canadian streams and the same went for the wynoochie. even in those days, people would not venture past their nose.

there are a couple things going, one of which is an age old problem, people HAVE TO let people know they know something, they need that ego stroked. the other thing is new to this electronic age and that is the desire to be accepted by people they will probably never meet; now how gay is that?

anyhow "idiot" good luck to you and i thought your post was very eloquent, especially for a shipyard worker that litters and cant catch fish in a trout pond, but i believe it fell on deaf ears.

#136446 - 01/23/02 01:37 PM Re: Nooch Update
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
Everybody has thier opinion. Mine is it look's like Goose called it. S.Y.I is back, this time stroking his own ego as the "Barhopper"!! What a clownfest :p :p

#136447 - 01/23/02 01:59 PM Re: Nooch Update
Bob Offline

Dazed and Confused

Loc: Forks, WA & Soldotna, AK
My isn't it funny how Barhopper has an IP tracable to:

12-229-49-182.client.attbi.com

And Shipyardidiot has an IP tracable to:

12-229-64-172.client.attbi.com

Hmmmm, what's wrong Mr. DC Mills, aren't things hopping enough on that "other board"?

Must really be a bummer to only have a new post every few weeks to reply to.

CYA wink

"You CANNOT fix stupid!"

#136448 - 01/23/02 02:02 PM Re: Nooch Update
chrome/22 Offline
Captain C/22 - Team Stay Up Right!

Loc: Hurricane Ridge , Wa.
BUSTED!!! Thats just too sweet eek eek

#136449 - 01/23/02 02:05 PM Re: Nooch Update
Sniggler Offline
Smolt

Damn that is a serious coincidence!! The odds of that happening are astronomical! Wonders will never cease.... eek

god I love technology!! (especially when it works right..)

Way to go BOB!
(Idiot Flamers beware.... The Really Big One sees all)

#136450 - 01/23/02 02:49 PM Re: Nooch Update
rc Offline
Parr

Crikey! Stay tuned to 'As The Corkie Turns' to see if Mr Mills, alias ShipyardIdiot or Barhopper fesses up. eek

#136451 - 01/23/02 03:03 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
RC

You crack me up that was funny.

Hey what does Crikey mean, is that Australian of something?

#136452 - 01/23/02 03:17 PM Re: Nooch Update
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
Sorry guys got to agree with Mr Dills or who ever he is on this one. I have watched the Wynoochee go from just a few boats to over 50 rigs parked at BC. It isn't the guys that post all the time here, its the lurkers. I've heard one group of them in the resturant laughing about a post like this. This is how they get their info. They add nothing to the board just read it for fishing reports. What better way to get a first hand, up to the mineut report. OK now hammer away at me.

Fishhead5

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#136453 - 01/23/02 03:20 PM Re: Nooch Update
Eric Offline
River Nutrients

In response to the question about what they do with the fish at the fishtrap below the dam(plug puller?), I know some get trucked to the lake aberdeen hatchery for egg take. Whether this includes wild fish I am not 100% sure.

The Wynoochee uses 2 stocks for winter hatchery production:

1) Van Winkle Cr. stock. These are fish that
return directly to the hatchery at Lake
Aberdeen.

2) Wynoochee R. stock. These are the fish
collected at the trap up by the dam and then
trucked to the Lake Aberdeen hatchery.

At least this is how it was explained to me by a WDFW friend a year or two ago. I also don't believe the dept. holds any illusion that smolt passage works at the dam hence, the trucking of adults to the hatchery for egg take.

#136454 - 01/23/02 03:35 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I've fished the Nooch for the last 20+ years, and I don't EVER remember a small crowd at Black Creek. The crowd has just grown along with the state's population.......I guess it stands to reason.

Besides, if they haven't been fishing it long enough to know anything without checking the internet first, I'm not too worried about them catching all the fish.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#136455 - 01/23/02 03:54 PM Re: Nooch Update
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
rc,
Crikey..where could you have heard that confused

FJ...out.

#136456 - 01/23/02 03:56 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Hey now, not that I'm going to get on either side of the issue just yet but attbi.com has IP addies in that range all through there. Just because they began with 12.229 tells me that they are probably in the same geographical area. Most of the attbi IP's are in the 12.22x range.

Not saying that they AREN'T the same person, but just making sure that attbi isn't banned outright.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#136457 - 01/23/02 04:23 PM Re: Nooch Update
rc Offline
Parr

Yes lead thrower, I think "crikey" is Australian. FJ, I heard it used by Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter of TV fame. I took it mean: "Jeez, look at that would you!" I liked the sound of it and stole it. Please don't tell him or I could be in big trouble. I'd rather face that cougar that's lurking near Blue Creek than one of Steve's reptile pals.

I'm glad that you like my attempt at humor Lead Thrower. I wish my wife did occasionally. rolleyes

#136458 - 01/23/02 04:50 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dave D Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Gold Bar
rc

I hear you on the wife not understanding your sense of humor, got the same problem.

Bardo will handle those cougars for ya, just call in the coordinates so he can launch the air strike. wink

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
CHUBS
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 939 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13521
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645302 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |