Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136459 - 01/23/02 05:06 PM Re: Nooch Update
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: Shelton
Dan, I don't worry about them catching any fish either. It's when they run over the top of everything and ruin it. I've seen the crowd get bigger after a good fishing report on here.

Fishhead5

I remember a little creek that I think you used to fish (maybe you still do) that use to be really good, until it was wrote up in fishing and lying news.

It is not illegal to deplete a fishery by management.

They need to limit Democrats to two terms, one in office, and one in prison.

#136460 - 01/23/02 05:15 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Doug,

Can't argue with you there......Maybe if we let redneck terrorize the shores for a couple days before we go, we'd have less company. I know there wouldn't be any livestock around, but maybe he could run off some of the other anglers, too. laugh

I've seen it happen everywhere....the Salmon, the Nooch, Kennedy and Johns creeks, you name it. Is it the internet? I dunno. I know the Salmon was exposed in F&H Lies and STS before the internet was even a factor, and the crowds have been there ever since.

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#136461 - 01/23/02 06:10 PM Re: Nooch Update
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Dan and Doug,
You guys fish all the same water I do and sometimes we fish together, I guess we are desperate Huh, anyways I think it is best if you want to share fishing info on a certain spot it is probably better by e-mail, that way the lurkers aren't picking up the code. As far as crowds go, fishing and piliging news has ruined alot of places so you always have to keep your special little spots quiet.
Peace Superfly laugh laugh

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#136462 - 01/23/02 07:06 PM Re: Nooch Update
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
i totally agree with the e-mail messages concerning small rivers.the amount of people fishing over the last 10 years or so hasn't changed that much in my opinion.their are just certain years when more fish are present that bring out the crowds.the internet does take a lot of the guess work out of the rivers but in reality who knows if the information is true or not.i also think it is a nice gesture for someone to tell if a certain river is muddy and unfishable.i remember before the computer days driving a couple hours to find a mudhole,it was pretty depressing.fish on!scott

ps.the rain gods can give us a break anytime now

#136463 - 01/23/02 07:35 PM Re: Nooch Update
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

Hey Scott, I was in the front of the boat with Levi last friday on the lower part of the river. he told me later who you were. Next time you see Levi ask him about the gal in the esspresso stand at monte square not serving him. We got him good.

Fishhead5

#136464 - 01/23/02 07:39 PM Re: Nooch Update
Bob D Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Port Orchard Wa Kitsap
And then theres that girl at the Esspresso stand in Monte...
Ill drive there for a Mocha even if the rivers blown!!!!!!!!!

Bob D

#136465 - 01/23/02 08:43 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
Doug, Bob,

You guys are cracking me up! laugh You should have seen me trying to keep Redneck in the truck the last time we drove past the ol' Espresso hut at Monte! I thought he was going to chew the seatbelt in half trying to get out! laugh laugh

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#136466 - 01/24/02 01:23 AM Re: Nooch Update
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
Okay I can't keep quite on this one, it's tearing me up!!!!! Guys how many times have you pulled into a hole after, "Mister Microsoft Yuppie" bought a boat now "I'm a fisherman", pulled out of it because there's nothing in it, and you pull out not one, but several fish? Can't count that high? Me neither. Just because someone owns a "Nice Sled or Nice outfit" does'nt means he know what he is doing. How times have you pulled gear out of the river with set ups that made you bust up laughing? The Nooksack, Skagit, Fraser, Vedder is the same way up here. Alot of people trying to fish. I just move in behind them and take the fish! Hey, their supporting our Fish and Game Dept! Relax, unless your scared they're better than you. I say thanks, for moving the fish around for me. It really turns my crank when they see me pull fish out of their hole! laugh laugh

#136467 - 01/24/02 02:03 AM Re: Nooch Update
steeliematt Offline
Parr

Did he give a fishing report???? Or did he give a water condition ie MUUUUUDY by means of the lake... So If I say the HOH is on the rise I give away a secret that should only be emailed or it will cause mass river crowding???? Boy am I confussed, I think the diference in the amount of fisherman is back 20 years ago a select few braved the elements now the masses have joined in. Just look at the difference in Lic sales and all is explanned. Not the fault of a book or a computer. But of population explosion....

#136468 - 01/24/02 10:53 AM Re: Nooch Update
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
fh/5 next time out say hi.i grew up with levi and edward.had a good day fishing that day.hope you guys got em.were you running the boat that day?maybe we could get together on the lower quinault some time soon.i've been meaning to call levi and see if he would like to trade trips.that is in a week or month or if it ever quits raining..90 of rain since midnight here in elma.give us a break.see ya.scott

#136469 - 01/24/02 11:02 AM Re: Nooch Update
fishhead5 Offline
Repeat Spawner

How many of us here post on a regular basis? 50?
A while back Bob said there were 17,000+ hits in one day. That means we would have to have sign on 340 times each, to hit that. Lots of people out there taking in a lot of information.
Email

Fishhead5

Dan, I didn't tell Redneck there were sheep in the field just below the put in. laugh

#136470 - 01/24/02 12:04 PM Re: Nooch Update
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
I would rather discuss technics, than Fish reports.
Why don't people realize.......how many people just stop by .....LURKERS frown
Keep it to e-mails guys...come on....I'm with Ya Fishead laugh ......Os

#136471 - 01/24/02 01:58 PM Re: Nooch Update
PhishPhreak Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Bend, WA
G-Man - I happen to know several hard core fisherman here at Mircrosoft. I, for one, find myselft fishing well over 100 days a year (last year I fished about 4 days a week from May to November - mostly just in the morning on the way to work). And we definately have our fair share of geeks who like to buy new toys (and don't know how to use them).

But I have to take some light hearted offense at your statement (: Most of us are just normal folks with a job at a nice company. Although if the stock market hadn't crashed, I may have been out there trying to figure out how to use my new drift boat (:

#136472 - 01/24/02 02:40 PM Re: Nooch Update
icechopper Offline
Fry

Loc: Lacey, Wash.
I am a new member to the forum but have been following for some time.
I would like to say that information of this sort is not going to harm anyone or their fishing access if we are courteous to all people that abide to the same rules. Thanks for your updates I do fish the nooch and appreciate a tip every once in a while.

#136473 - 01/24/02 06:29 PM Re: Nooch Update
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
I say post away!! I only believe half of what I hear from a fisherman and I'm leery of the other half. Just a couple of weeks ago someone posted that they did well on the Sky a couple days before, On the day they were fishing the Sky was at 18,000 cfs(I think not!!). Regardless of what I here or read I go with my gut instinct on what rivers are putting out fish and what the conditions are gonna be. Bottom line is that I'm not going to waste valuable fishing time on a report that I've heard or read from someone I don't trust 100%.
The problem were faced with now isn't that the numbers of fishermen has grown, it's that there fewer viable steelhead runs left, thus putting greater numbers of lines on fewer rivers. Respect you fellow fishermen and get along because things aren't gonna change.
Good luck!! and most of all have a good time, isn't that what it's all about.

#136474 - 01/24/02 09:26 PM Re: Nooch Update
G-MAN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: BELLINGHAM / EVERSON
PhishPhreak, Your the exception because you a FISH'N MACHINE!!! Sorry, I should of said an ENRON Exe. Didn't realize Softies had time to play. laugh

#136475 - 01/24/02 11:03 PM Re: Nooch Update
Dances Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Clarkston Wa
Hey Fishband
I didnt think you could trust any fisherman 100% I thought the biggest liars in the world were fisherman smile well anyways I would have to agree with my fellow fisherman when they say keep it e-mails.
Dances Out

Doug Richert
www.Hellscanyonsportfishing.com

#136476 - 01/24/02 11:56 PM Re: Nooch Update
Stadle Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle Area
I think you need to keep some of the smaller rivers off the net, but rivers like the Nooch will be crowded regardless of any reports on the net. Do you really think all the fisherman out there are reading these boards..give me a break. When the fish are in word spreads via phones, tackle shops, local stores etc and the people show up. Additionally, those who know how to catch fish also know when to show up on certain river systems looking for them. don't give something more power than it really has.

I also don't think the people who are so called lurking are always just trying nab the hot river type information. Some boards have taken on a clannish type atmosphere and if there are not specific topics that a person has something relevant to post on then they really have no reason to post. Besides, If they are trying to get the " what river is hot" information and they are reading this board looking for it they are a day late and a dollar short anyhow. We all have seen rivers hot on Saturday and slow on Sunday or vice versa -

If you looking for a report from the boards on how the fishin is on a specific river take this into consideration.. when people aren't getting fish they come on the board and post "whats up with the nooch. I fished it and saw 20 boats and nobody had fish, where are the fish??!?!?!". if you don't see people whinning I would bet there are fish being caught.

peace out

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 947 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645290 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |