Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#136977 - 01/24/02 03:44 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
tommo41 Offline
Fry

Loc: yakima, wa usa
Thanks for your honesty. That takes a mighty big man. I've learned bunches from your posts, probably more from you than any other source.

I have been where you are at. You seemed to grasp it sooner than I did. I was clean and sober for 8 years before throat cancer struck and the doctor said I had to take morphine or die. Well, 6 operations, radiation and 5 years I lost it all; wife, business, homes and friends. I only took what the doctor prescribed to get me through what I had to go through. But, medications and pain change people.
I finally could not live with the medications and I wanted my life back. I no longer live on medications and I live through pain everyday. Not as much as yours, but pain. I'd rather have pain and friends than no life.
I go to AA and have for 18 years and it's helped me alot. I'm not suggesting anything for you - just what I have done.
Talking about what your going through is fantastic. Some do not even comprehend, others have love and empathy.

Things never stay the same - there is a beginning, a middle and an end to everything.

BTW - how do I spell check this stuff?

#136978 - 01/24/02 03:48 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
CATCH AND EAT Offline
Smolt

Loc: portland
Shut up and fish! eek Of course being addicted to fishing is quite different. I wish you the best of luck. Those pain pills will taste terrible if you add a little hemorriod cream to each pill. Break you of the habit fast.

Certainly hope you can whoop this one so that you can become a good little poster. rolleyes wink

Break a leg!! well not really.

#136979 - 01/24/02 04:39 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
Good Luck, Steve.

I have, for the most part, appreciated your wit and wisdom. You have great knowledge and I have learned a great deal from your posts.

Anyone can be a pain in the @ss some times, especially if you have pain in the @ss all the time! wink :p wink

Get Well Soon!

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: GutZ ]

#136980 - 01/24/02 05:21 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
Gizmo Man Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Ridgefield, WA
RT: it is commendable that you put this post up.

A few years back, maybe 10 or so, a Japaneese soldier who was part of a small group left to defend one island in the south Pacific during WW II was found. He was still wearing what was left of his uniform, and had his old gun. He was ready to die as his comraids had to protect that isolated island.

No one told him that the war was over and he would not believe his preceived captures dispite their best efforts to convince him that the war was over many years ago. He was taken back to Japan and reunited with his family. I assume he now lives happily ever after.

Need I say more... smile

Giz... wink

#136981 - 01/24/02 08:38 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't know what to expect with my revelation here. I wanted it to be both an explaination and a catalist for a change to the better for me. But I am humbled and appreciative of the nice responses I've gotten here! It's going to help me conquer the tough pain med situation and my affrontive style in posts, AND in off the board circumstances.

If anyone else is going thru a similar situation, feel free to e-mail me (above icon) and we can help each other get thru it. Thanks so much for the understanding and support. - Steve

#136982 - 01/24/02 11:46 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
kalamabama Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: LaCenter Wa USA
RT I hope all is going well. Your posts have allways entertained me. I have liked our meetings though been few. We will meet again and catch some fish. Take care and fish on!!!! smile

#136983 - 01/25/02 09:26 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
ynotfish Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: goldbar,wa
rt
you can get thru it, addiction is a real ***** i know ive been addicted to just about anything and everything at one time or another mostly fueled by alcohol for me. it seems very dark and difficult in the beggining but it is doable and you will feel alot better down the road, what helps the most is support and sounds like you have a good start here.
mike

#136984 - 01/25/02 10:23 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
cowlitzfisherman Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Toledo, Washington
Rt

We must be getting old! It seems the older we get, the more we need to explain to others why we are, the way we are! It's not really the drugs that may be causing the problems. There is another reason for it. It's our "dam old" age! WE have been their, WE have seen that, WE have done that, and WE know what the outcome will most likely be! That and that alone is our biggest problems, not the pain pills. WE have just been around too dam long, and WE are getting tired of all the Bull $hit. We need some young bucks to take over the herd and guide the heard to the higher ground. Make no more excuses for your actions, just keep making the difference! Hang in there guy, you are loved and respected by many of us bb members. Everybody has a few bad days, they will pass.

Cowlitzfisherman

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

Is the taste of the bait worth the sting of the hook????

#136985 - 01/25/02 11:36 PM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
ROEBOAT Offline
Fry

Loc: kent
Sorry to hear about all the pain problems..Wish you a speedy recovery!

#136986 - 01/26/02 11:46 AM Re: This member's revelation and appologies
Fishbait Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Rivers of OR and SW WA.
Steve,

I admire your courage, it takes a big man to publicaly apologize.

Others have done what you are attempting, if they can do it there is absolutely no reason you for you not to succeed. Do not accept defeat, setbacks are expected, get your mind right and you will win.

When you start feeling sorry for yourself, just remember those poor basterds that can't catch fish. Now that's a serious problem.

Sometimes we never realize just how many friends we have until we need them.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Chromeo, Colluvium, lat59, m wilson, phishkellar, TBJ
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 822 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645358 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |