THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137993 - 01/30/02 07:49 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Crayfin Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Beaverton
Kudos for you guys/gals that came out of the shadows! I agree with Dogfish. If you have to glean some information for awhile--tell us how you have done! Tell us a joke smile I have been steelhead fishing since I could carry a rod and I still learn a ton on this board from guys that could no doubt make me look silly!

Anyway---good for you for posting!

#137994 - 01/30/02 08:05 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Fish Chaser Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Edgewood,WA
OK here it is. I have been lurking for a long time. I don't have any excuse I just enjoy learning as much as I can, so that my next Pursuit might end up in success. My lurking has paid off, I have learned which books to read on the subject of Steelheading. I appreciate the information that Dave Jackson has posted as well as RT. I have never landed a steelie, I have lost a few. Hopefully as I gain more knowledge and Lurking Time I can add something useful.

#137995 - 01/30/02 08:21 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Loco_Dingo Offline
Parr

Loc: Boise
To Dogfish: The shoe fits and is on my foot.

To DJ: Noise, Spam, elevator music, SuperSonics game...all the same.

#137996 - 01/30/02 08:50 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Loc: McCleary, WA
Loco, great response! You made me laugh. smile And to you others that have posted, welcome.

Little Bear, keep it up. We need more ladies on the water. Looks like you already spend some time there anyway. AuntyM could use the company.

Andy

Hey Bob, could we work out some kind of commission deal here?

They call me POODLE SMOLT!

The Discover Pass is brought to you by your friends at the CCA.

#137997 - 01/30/02 11:35 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Wishiniwasfishin Offline
Parr

Loc: Lake Stevens
Admitting you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. Right? OK so I have been a lurker for almost a year. Please don't hurt me. Now that I am a member I can not only learn from some of the masters (no names required), but perhaps add alittle info of my own. Fish sturgeon, salmon, and stealhead on the snohomish system, and know a lot of guys who do as well. I also fish and crab out of Everett. I have a lot on the cowlitz between barrier and blue creek and spen a lot of time down there in the summer. I plan on going down for a couple of springers this year.

This is a great site, and I am glad to be a part of it. F4 sound cool too!!!!

#137998 - 01/31/02 12:42 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Quote:
Originally posted by danceswithfish:
Hey TM
Maybe they dont have anything good to say:)
Havent you ever heard the frase(sp) If you dont have anything good to say Dont say anything at all rolleyes But its not like anyone around here ever advideds by that rule anyways wink shocked
Dances Out
Tell me how you really feel!!! laugh

#137999 - 01/31/02 12:53 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish Chaser:
I appreciate the information that Dave Jackson has posted as well as RT.
I posted information? confused

Dad, is that you? eek
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#138000 - 01/31/02 01:07 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
tommo41 Offline
Fry

Loc: yakima, wa usa
Ok, I've been called a lurker so I posted about red prawns.

Hope it helps someone.

#138001 - 01/31/02 01:34 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
spawnout Offline
Spawner

Loc: Satsop
Well, I came out of the closet (aka, lurkerlocker) what, last week? I didn't jump in here right away as I wanted to read about what was going on and learn some of the rules, so as not to get flamed on my first post for doing something stupid. 15 or so posts so far and I haven't felt any heat yet. What I learned, other than the obvious things already stated, was introduce yourself, and try to add something even if it is just your own twist on things. There are an awful lot of things that we all do besides fishing, many of which are vitally necessary to know about so we can go fishing, things like good excuses, transportation advice, delicious ways to prepare fish so we will be encouraged to go catch more, or even how to make this damn 'puter do what you want it to. So don't be afraid to look around first, but don't be afraid to jump in either laugh

#138002 - 01/31/02 04:00 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Westend's Revenge Offline
Alevin

Loc: Camarillo, California, and Sek...
Hello All,
I've been reading this board for a couple of years or so. My prime concern has been news and information regarding salmon fishing in the western reaches of the Strait of Juan de Fuca. My wife and I haven't missed a season there for about thirty years. We trolled commercially for a number of years, until we were pretty much forced out of it. We fished from Neah Bay, around cape Flattery, and down to the Umatilla Reef. Nowadays we fish out of Sekiu.
I have no interest in steelhead fishing. From scanning this board I gather that there are enough steelheaders without me. I'm focused on ocean salmon, and we plan to be in Sekiu again this year. It's quite likely that I've met with some of you already, if you've been to Sekiu, and may see you again this coming season. Glad to help, when needed. I'm quite familiar with the area.
Westend's Revenge

#138003 - 01/31/02 04:56 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
slash Offline
Parr

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Hey Dogfish,
Since no one posted a joke for you I will. Will probably get flamed from some people but what the heck.

Secretary of State Powell and Secretary of Defense Rumsfield were sitting in a bar outside the Nation's Capital. A regular customer walked in, ordered a drink, and then noticing the two officials sitting at the end of the bar asked the barman, "Say ,isn't that Powell and Rumfield?" The barkeep replied,"yep that's them."

A few drinks the man walked over to the two and said, "Excuse me, but what are you guys doing here?"

Rumsfield replied,"We're planning World War III."

The man said, "Really? What's going to happen?"

Colin Powell said, "Well we're going to kill 10 million Arabs and one bicycle repairman."

"What?" the man exclaimed. "Why are you going to kill a bicycle repairman?"

Rumsfield turned to Powell and said, "See, I told you no one would give a [Bleeeeep!] about the 10 million Arabs."

#138004 - 01/31/02 10:16 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
blackdog Offline
Fry

Loc: Central Oregon
I feel like I'm at an AA meeting or something..."Hello, my name is Blackdog, and I'm a lurker." My biggest problem is I am addicted to steelhead and salmon fishing (as well as deer and elk hunting) but live in Central Oregon, so my opportunities now are limited. Therefore, I now live vicariously through all you jerks who get to fish every freakin day. wink Jealousy can be ugly. I have gotten five days on Oregon rivers so far this year and have hooked over 20 fish, with over half landed. By far my best season in years smile Can't wait until all of you start chasing springer soon so when I get the chance to sneek over the mountains, there won't be as much pressure on the rivers for catching some nasty natives laugh laugh

#138005 - 01/31/02 11:32 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

Hey Westend,

Where do you usually stay when you are up at Sekiu? I ended up fishing about 16 days up there last year, and we may have bumped into each other. Slim chance, but it has hapened before.

Andy

#138006 - 01/31/02 07:09 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
fish4steel Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: yelm, wa
Slash.............
TOOOOOO FUNNY!! (and a good point too)

#138007 - 01/31/02 09:47 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Westend's Revenge Offline
Alevin

Loc: Camarillo, California, and Sek...
Dogfish,
We stay in a spot down the beach, not right in Sekiu. If you've ever wandered into the little marine/tackle shop in the middle of town in the AM we have probably met. My wife and I tend the store during the morning hours, especially on the weekends. Last year we were up there from June to November. Since we want to attend our grandson's HS graduation this year, we plan to get there in May, and probably leave in October. 'Sure hope fishing is as good this year as it was last year.
Westend's Revenge

#138008 - 01/31/02 10:30 PM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
Dogfish Offline
Poodle Smolt

I'll keep that in mind next time I head up there. I usually stay at Rhonda's place, the Coho resort. Post up before you folks head up there this year, and I'll make it a point to stop by.

Andy

#138009 - 02/01/02 01:25 AM Re: Callin' out all you lurkers!
SteelieDan Offline
Fry

Loc: Richland, WA
Well I'm just so damned in awe of the rest of you that I just plain don't know what to say. Would love to see more from the folks who fish the Mother River though. I'd give my .02, but it never seems to catch fish for me, so. . . .

laugh

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 349 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645387 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |