Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#139103 - 02/04/02 04:19 AM Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recall on the Thur. night chat that a few questions directed at me were in red color. I just thought people could choose a different color to use, and everyone saw the questions. Now I find out that these were private messages. Geez I must have sounded silly answering something without the others seeing a Q. shocked And to those who used that, pardon me not knowing about the feature.

btw, from what I read here this evening, it sounds like this chat program may become a popular thing to just do anytime someone posts "LET"S CHAT" on any given evening (I read where someone did that on Sat. or Sun. evening and it went well) - to augment Bob's Monday night main chats. Cool. I think I like that better than planned ones in my case (sometimes my kids have our 2 computers logged in to homework; and I rightfully lose out - so not good to be tied to a particular chat session sometimes). ...

Oh ya, can we have an 'R' rated chat for over 18 on some evening? wink Just a thought.

#139104 - 02/04/02 11:50 AM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
Coot Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kelowna British Columbia
Hi RT: Well according to your post ,you did get to the chat room sometime.I sat there surrounded by ex military police from 8 to 9 ;then I concluded that you were loath to appear because of police presence,I can sympathize with that attitude, but I am miffed by your failure to appear as scheduled. The chat room cannot be the same without you. Pleas stop playing Lamont Cranston"the Shadow".

#139105 - 02/04/02 09:59 PM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
Anonymous
Unregistered

Coot, I was on the main chat board from 8 to 9 on Thur. night. I remember you saying you'd be there, but I don't remember you being there. I hear there is a secondary chat board? Maybe you wre on that one. As for Monday's, I will miss most of those because my son races indoor go-carts up at Hot Tracks in Vanc. Monday nights. I'll catch you on one of the nights, but I'm not comitting to any particular nights such as Thursdays either. Just when one is going on I'll log in. Thanks Coot.

EDIT: I just found out that my son isn't going this Monday night, or maybe next one either due to conflicts, so I can get in on tonight's chat - and see what all the madness is about on Monday's. wink

#139106 - 02/05/02 01:48 AM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
wiser? Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seaview WA & Gresham OR
RT,
Sorry about the pink secret thing. Diana and I were just having to much fun with it.

#139107 - 02/05/02 03:22 PM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
Anonymous
Unregistered

No prob at all Jim. I could see you 2 were having fun teasing me and others with that. I still don't know if the pink lettering, like the red lettering my lst first time on chat, is only visible to those you want it to be or to everyone? Geez I hate having to read thru lengthy instructions. I've decided I've read enough instructons for the rest of my life - especially with the bombardment of LONG booklets every time I buy some electronic item (like the digital cam I bought recently). wink ... Last night it sure appeared that some messages were answers to a Q that wasn't on the reader board. Makes the guy with an answer look a little silly - and that is fun. laugh ha ha ... But can't you just tell us whazzup with the diff colors? [No Steve, you lazy bum, go read it for yourself.] ... Ah come on man. Give us some slack. Please. [Well, we'll see. Maybe.]

#139108 - 02/15/02 11:15 PM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
Krome Brite Offline
Spawner

Loc: Washougal, WA
Oh geez, just read your topic post RT. I now feel embarrassed too! As usual. I didn't know about the different font color being the private chat. Hey, I'm new to this stuff. Sorry to those that tried to start a private chat with me and I just typed back to them on the regular chat board. Say, how do I type back to them and get into a private chat? And how do I initiate a private chat? If this has already been covered and I just haven't seen it, please refer me to where the directions are. Thanks. smile

#139109 - 02/15/02 11:40 PM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Hey kb,
Its in the site help,the dierections that is,but I can not get it to work!There are a couple of guys that have taken to makin fun of me but seriosly it is getting anoying,not being able to"go pink" that is.It is supposed to be /mmsg and then click on the name of the person that you are deirecting the message and then type the message???? confused confused

#139110 - 02/16/02 03:00 AM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
FishinSinsation Offline
Spawner

Loc: kenmore, wa
hey littlecleo all you have to do is type out the persons full name and it beeps and comes in as pink to the person whois name was typed out.

#139111 - 02/16/02 10:30 AM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
rainycity Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Seattle
Sounds like more of a private message room than a chat room.
Why bother with the chat if the main feature used is private
message? I suppose my 14 yr old daughter would fit right in then.. laugh

#139112 - 02/16/02 11:18 AM Re: Ooops - I was unaware of a chat feature
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
Rainycity
The feature is not used that much and actually helps the chat along by not detracting from tha basic conservation which usually has little to do with fishing anyways! smile

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |