Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#140567 - 02/12/02 11:19 PM Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

While shopping for groceries today I checked out the magazine rack. Found a detailed article by Mr. Dunnington detailin the P****, H***, G****** Creek, L**** and other small steelhead streams. Thanks a bunch guy...not! Hope you realise that 1. the hatchery runs on these streams are over with, 2. the fragile nate runs are just comin in, and 3. you just sicked every first year urban cowboy steelheader in their direction. We thank you Mr. Hypocrite.

gooose mad

#140568 - 02/12/02 11:27 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
You Washingtonian's have GOT to quit naming your stream names with obscene words. I'm never going to figure out which ones you're referring to with this ****ing pottymouth censoring going on. mad

#140569 - 02/12/02 11:31 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave 'orsey time? rolleyes P***** me off someone write about Washington ***** ****** ****** mad !

gooose ******* mad

#140570 - 02/12/02 11:38 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Gooose:

Would you be so kind as to check your mother****ing email?

Thank you.

#140571 - 02/12/02 11:44 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave
Just checked my ************ ****** e-mail. Thanks! Still ****** totally ********* pissed off! Oops ..uhhh is pissed a swear word? **** ** if it is! He might as well have tossed a stick of ************ dynamite in every hole.

gooose **** mad

#140572 - 02/13/02 12:32 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Perfect Drift Offline
Smolt

Loc: Battle Ground, Washington
What a f****** moron.... Makes me sick when people feel the need to this sort of s***!!!

James mad

Original Creator: Ultimate Egg Cure

#140573 - 02/13/02 12:34 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

That guy can suck my ****. He is a piece of ****.

#140574 - 02/13/02 01:16 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well come over and chat about it...

gooose

#140575 - 02/13/02 01:20 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
wiser? Offline
Smolt

Loc: Seaview WA & Gresham OR
I feel your pain gooose. had to check it out.******* morons out there.

#140576 - 02/13/02 01:27 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Steelheadman Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Poulsbo, WA,USA
Why is everybody blaming Tony Dunnington for what is published in STS? Isn't it the responsibility of the editor (Nick Amato?) to determine what gets printed? I've read part of the story about Dunnington giving away information but don't know the whole story. What I've seen Dunnington write about in STS reveals a lot less than what I've seen written in WA/OR Fish and Game about specific fishing holes on my favorite river.

#140577 - 02/13/02 01:33 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
StorminN Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Blyn, WA
They're not talking about STS.

Did anyone notice the picture he has in there of him holding up a native steely that is bleeding pretty good? If you were the writer or editor, would you publish that picture? Do you think that fish survived if it was released? Anyone got facts on this sort of thing?

Just curious.

-N.

#140578 - 02/13/02 03:25 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Perfect Drift Offline
Smolt

Loc: Battle Ground, Washington
Steelheadman,

I believe he writes for another publication or two. Which ones I'm not sure, maybe someone else on here can answer that question. Yes, I do believe Nick Amato or other editors of different publications have the final say in what's printed, and what's not. Like I'm sure Nick wouldn't allow a picture of Heidi Klumm topless, tailing a 28lbs. chrome native buck covered with sea-lice. WOWWIE, now there's a thought... eek

It's the fact the guy would even write the article to begin with..

James laugh

Original Creator: Ultimate Egg Cure

#140579 - 02/13/02 10:58 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
fishnjunkie Offline
Fry

Loc: SEATTLE
I reported a week ago, that I had been witness to the biggest zipperlip felony violation in history. This was in response, to the magazine article goose is talkig about in his post. I mentioned a beating with a bango minnow, or a anal seeking cut-plug herring as punishment for the crime. The response was varied, and i sensed it was not a big deal; and the impact would be minor. I just returned from 3 days at one of those rivers, and had been once more right after that article was available to the public. I saw more people than I have EVER seen on this river, on a weekday,and on a weekend. Suddenly I see drift boats that were a rare sight prior to this article. Your lucky to see even one boat on a weekday, on this day I saw 4 driftboats, 2 new poorly made takeouts/drag your boat up a bank. I was fishing a bank spot, that I have fished for many years, and love the peace and quiet I normaly get. Suddenly I hear some hooping and hollering up river. 2 drift boats and a single pontoon set up,were coming down the river like drift gill netters, all side by side pulling plugs. I reeled in my gear, to let them pass.Instead of passing one boat went right to the top of the hole, one to the bottom,and one guy to the shore, and started drift fishing within 20 feet of me.I had to respond, and it was not pretty, i slowly reached in my jacket, unbuttoned my dirty harry sized cheech and chonger, grabbed my gear and walked away to the sound of guys laughig. I needed an attitude adjustment quick. The bottom line is this since that artcle came out i have seen an increase in fisherman and I mean a big increase. Lots of trash where they park their rigs, and now the guys who tagged fish are going to call their buddies and presto the F-----G river is no longer a place to go on a weekday to avoid crowds. This was only one of the 4 rivers mentioned, Tony You Suck..The fish on the cover has what looks to be a snag mark on its belly????

#140580 - 02/13/02 11:13 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
bank walker Offline
Spawner

Ive got all the STS publications and ive never seen Tony D talk about any of our zipperlips. Was this in a different publication? I just terminated my subscription to FHNews because of the same crap. Some people just dont get it... frown
"I have a fair idea of what to expect from the river, and usually, because I fish it that way, the river gives me approximately what I expect of it. But sooner or later something always comes up to change the set of my ways..."
- Roderick Haig-Brown

#140581 - 02/13/02 11:16 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

More needs to be done about these issues that simply cancelling. Cancel OUT LOUD. Call the publisher, call your friends, tell your local tackle shop. Gone are the days when it was safe to mention relative zipperlips in a regional publication, and expect that whatever additional anglers that enter that system will treat it with respect. There are just too many BAD anglers. This has nothing to do with fishing skill. I'm talking about the examples in that last post.

It's time for a very public boycott of these magazines. Take the issue to your local fishing clubs. Take it to work to talk about with your fishing buddies. Take it on the river. If you want this to stop, then do something about it.

#140582 - 02/13/02 11:24 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
ET Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tacoma
That's right guys. The tax paying public has no right to fish in YOUR water. Get a grip. Move to Alaska.

#140583 - 02/13/02 11:52 AM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I'll bet sales went up after that article.

#140584 - 02/13/02 12:16 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
****1ing A! Are you guys listening to yourselves? I figure Tony would get his share of heat for writing about those rivers, but some of you guys are sounding like whining little babies. Hey, nobody wants to pick up the latest issue and see their "zipperlip" featured, but what are Tony and Herzog and Vedder and Scott Haugen and the rest going to write about? 12 articles on the Cowlitz and Skykomish? Get real.

The bleeding hen was bleeding from the gums, not the tongue and gills....it was fine. That's the fact. Snag marks on the belly huh? Are you sure about that, or just talking to hear yourself talk?

Before we all forget, Fishing Holes prints 8,000 copies. This site gets more hits than that in a day or two. If you're going to talk about rivers here, you shouldn't b1tch too much about the articles.

And for the "s*ck my d*ck" comments.......grow up. Sounds a little like a certain female's childish ravings if you ask me. mad

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#140585 - 02/13/02 12:20 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Biologically, bodies of fishable water can sustain only a certain level of angling pressure before the system starts to collapse. This is why so many "zipperlip" streams have such good runs of fish. While any Joe Average can look at a map and see that the stream exists and then go down to fish it, it's only a select few who will take the time to learn the stream and the runs of fish that inhabit it.

What these regional magazines that publish a rundown on these streams does is announce to the fishing public at large "this stream gets very little pressure, so check it out". If it was one person telling another person, then it adds one person to the pressure. Not bad. But a magazine with a reader base of tens of thousands suddenly introduces a FLOOD of new people to this body of water, and that's where the problems start.

The only hope that the stream has is that these will not become regular visitors, and that maybe the next issue if the magazine will attract the throngs to another body of water.

#140586 - 02/13/02 01:04 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
B. Gray Offline
Spawner

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Pulease...can we stop beating a dead horse already.

The wailing and moaning on this board over Dunnington's article has done a lot more to promote these small streams than one article in a small magazine ever would have.

Think about it, Joe Schmoe fisherman sees a picture and a headline about these rivers and thinks, "Hmm, maybe I'll check them out sometime." And might leave it at that. But then he's lurking around this board and suddenly sees the uproar over the story. "Hmm, there must really be something good to check out if everybody has their panties in such a twist." And off he goes.

Look at the TRAFFIC this board generates every day. I'd guess most days it's more than the entire paid circulation of the zine we're talking about.

Bruce

#140587 - 02/13/02 03:59 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
Bruce your absolutely right. I read alot of articles and say to myself, self I need to go there and try it some time, I may or my not. I like to try new water, but a article in a magazine is'nt gonna make me drop everything and run to river x when there are sooo many good places to fish here in the great northwest. If you want solitude head to Alaska, wait Kenai pen no solitude any where around Anchorage no solitude. If you want solitude up there your going to go deep into your pockets to get remote.

If you do your homework the state provides ample information for one to make a good decision on where and when to fish. Now are all you zipperlippers out there going start raggin on the WFDW?

Can't we just fish and have a good time, life's way too short. smile

#140588 - 02/13/02 09:46 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry guys but you missed the point and thats too bad. My post has nothing to do with solitude or having the river all to myself. My post was simply about the impacts to small stream wild steelhead stocks....inherently fragile in the best of times. But hey if you support FH New's style your choice and I'll have to respect that just as it's my choice to sound ther other horn....please respect that. And respect resource protection over all...thank you.

gooose laugh

#140589 - 02/13/02 10:08 PM Re: Small Stream Wild Steelhead Killed By Dunnington
Anonymous
Unregistered

It may be inopropriat but thats what i was thinking so why not say it. I can see writeing about the Hoh or Quileute system even though I dont like it but I can deal with it.

But when you go as far as talking about the little ones that have very agressive fish that you can kill legally thats just going to far. A bunch of meat fisherman could clean a river like that out in a few year and thats no bull. The one he was talking about gets too much presure already and dosent need anymore.

I dont care what anybody thinks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (Carcassman), 1090 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645296 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |