Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142590 - 02/27/02 02:38 AM Tillamook Nates
Anonymous
Unregistered

Answer to e-mail Q about March and April fishing on the Wilson and Trask rivers:

Hi LG. I'd be glad to give you some info for spring steelhead fishing on the Tillamook area rivers. In addition to the Wilson and Trask, the Kilchis just north of town, and Nestucca several miles south of town, also get good returns of late native steelhead in March and April. Right now they are a little slow; due to being between the brat and nate runs. But that should change pretty soon. All steelhead methods catch these fish well. The most productive for them are drift fishing or float fishing small egg clusters or sandshrimp tails with a small pearl pink or cerise pink corkie - and/or doing the same with the infamous pink worm; or jigs. T-town area nates also hit plugs readily. I suggest size 30 Hot Shots or the regular Tadpolys in one of the good chrome based or metallic colors for clearish water; and if the water is colored a bit then the size 35 Hot Shot or regular Wiggle Wart in flame red or 'cop car' colors are good. Debarb the hooks on them for easier C&R for the nates. It's best to avoid the diver and bait rigs this time of year, because the nates often swallow the hooks with that method and increase mortality rates. ... The lower ends of these rivers are easy to row for an experienced drift boater. And the holes are fairly easy to read for fishing also. For launch and fishing details, and shuttles, call the Guide Shop at 503-842-3474. For more info, you can call Kimmel's Sporting Goods in Tillamook also, at 503-842-4281. Hope you guys hit it right and have great fishing. The spring chinooks are best caught in May and early June there. Let me know how it went for you, if you wind up going. - Steve

#142591 - 02/27/02 10:52 PM Re: Tillamook Nates
Bigdog2250 Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Stanwood,Wa
Thanks for the info RT.I think I'll head down there in March.
Here we go to the front row!! laugh

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
mtpar, philpac33, SpringerBouy, TinMan95
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Carcassman, DrifterWA, 1 invisible), 333 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13524
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63780 Topics
645389 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |