THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142634 - 02/27/02 05:22 PM Re: Pulling off snags...
Fish Jesus Offline
Spawner

Loc: Tacoma
FS, you say you been in trees...why not climb out on that limb and just clean all that broken gear out?

FJ...out.

#142635 - 02/27/02 05:22 PM Re: Pulling off snags...
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
I was fishing the Tolt one summer and when I cast my spinner into the river it went too far and hooked it self up on the other side. Well I tried every thing that I could to get it loose, but nothing worked. So I did the level your rod thing and pulled. Well what do you know, the line didn't break but the lure came right back at me and it got stuck in my belly. I tried to back it out but it was passed the barbs. I was with two other guys and my pick-up. I laid in the back and I had to get a doctor to remove the hook. What made me mad was that the docter cut my favorite tee shirt. The line was only 4 lb test. And after I broke a rod this winter I now just cut it loose. Jim S. laugh

#142636 - 02/27/02 06:04 PM Re: Pulling off snags...
Chromeo Offline
Spawner

Loc: Kenmore, WA
my bad FJ was just too lazy to read all of the posts. laugh
Tyler

#142637 - 02/27/02 06:09 PM Re: Pulling off snags...
Dave Jackson Offline
Spawner

Loc: Milwaukie, OR
Let Jim S's tale of woe be a lesson to you all. Pack on the pounds around your gut so that plenty of fat is there to protect you from flying hooks. If he would have had six-pack abs it could have done a slight tear to the muscle, which could have been really painful.
Get Bent Tackle wh&#333;re. Just added spinner section, where you can special order to your hearts content!

#142638 - 02/28/02 11:59 AM Re: Pulling off snags...
Old Man Offline
Spawner

Loc: Silver Star,Mt
Are you calling me fat? My wife likes me just the way I am. Just beause I'm retired doesn't mean I fat. Beside I said several years ago. I was a lot thinner then. Jim S. :p laugh laugh

#142639 - 02/28/02 08:19 PM Re: Pulling off snags...
steelhd101 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Everett, WA.
Quote:
Originally posted by QwikSticks:
If its a hot plug I will take some time trying to get it back. So far the best method i have found for getting a plug back esspecially if i can almost see it is to pull out my net and make a sweep. I can useally snag a treble and get it off. I wont even bother trying to get drift gear unless its something i dont want to many eyes to see and its visible if someone was to row by.
So no one sees it?? Give me a break zipperlip. Thank you for your help/

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Al Gore, czer, Robb92, wallyw
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
3 registered (Salmo g., Tug 3, darth baiter), 1188 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13526
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63781 Topics
645409 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |