THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#142814 - 03/02/02 04:57 AM Re: Important,but not relative to fishing.
ltlCLEO Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: brownsville wa.
I am against gun controll for all the reasons above
Have a freind that is a liscensed gun owner.gets a knock on the door opens the door and gets stabbed ten times.He was ten feat from his gun. mad I call him pin cushion now. laugh The thief now owns his guns.Point is that the gun is rarely where ya need it when the need arises.
As far as using one to protect yourself from a cougar dream on.I have come across two in the last few weeks and a gun would not of helped.I walked straight into one that had no idea I was there.I was climbing over a sweeper on the river when we looked each other in the eyes.Afterwords I could not help giggling over the false security supplied by carring a gun.Probably would of shot myself trying to pull it.Believe it or not I did try like hell to pull my camers though...

#142815 - 03/02/02 11:41 AM Re: Important,but not relative to fishing.
tommo41 Offline
Fry

Loc: yakima, wa usa
I'm 57 years old, and I've NEVER been in a situation where a handgun would have helped me.

I guess that means the sky may be falling, but it hasn't happened yet.

BTW. I was on probation and parole for 18 years of my life. I've been to numerous jails, prison and institutions for herion addiction and related stuff during my 15 years of use. I've been clean and sober for 18 years. So its not that I have not been in situations where something could have happened.

Paranoia(fear) is a killer!

Lighten up - Enjoy life!

cool

#142816 - 03/02/02 08:31 PM Re: Important,but not relative to fishing.
Big Woody Offline
Parr

Loc: Gold Bar Wa
Dogfish, That was a great post. Although I have never had to draw my weapon on anyone, I had to make it be known that I had one.

In the late 80's I was driving home from the Kalama and when I was by Olympia, 4 guys in a car pulled up next to me and started pointing at my left front tire. I didn't feel any vibration coming from the front of my truck so I kept driving. They pulled up again and pointed again, I was starting to get a little nervous , it was about 1A.M. ,well, when I didn't pull over they started becoming aggresive and started flipping me off then they tried running me off the road. The only thing I could think of at the time was to show them my hand gun. I pointed it straight up in the air next to the window. You would'nt believe how fast they backed off.

Whether my action was right I don't know. I think it might have saved me.

2weeks after that , I read where the same situation happened to a couple. He pulled over by Montesano She was shot and killed ,He survived.

sometimes you can't get to a weapon, but I sure like the option of being able to.

PETA will do anything to stop our fishing and hunting. The NRA ,I believe, is a tool for us to keep our weapons.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
280ackimp, DAVEANNICK, nicksdad, redgussydog, reitersteelhead123, wallacewhaler123, zswoods
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1006 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645354 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |